PDA

View Full Version : taking turns?

Out_Sider
02-14-2004, 10:32 PM
Im just wondering how yall take your turns. I like to go in, on the inside of the turn, lock up the rear tires, have the rear end slide out then down gear and go. i kno some people like to go on the berm but i seem to like goin in, on the inside of the turn. So, How do yall take your turns

bradley300
02-15-2004, 09:30 AM
i do mine like you do, i just wonder wich way is faster

Matt756
02-15-2004, 09:40 AM
out sider i do it the same way after i shot over a berm and into a tree

Chef
02-15-2004, 09:46 AM
The fastest way to corner is to NOT lock up any tires, but if thats what you are comfortable with, thats what you've gotta do.

dirtmomma
02-15-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Chef
The fastest way to corner is to NOT lock up any tires, but if thats what you are comfortable with, thats what you've gotta do.
I'll have to agree w/ Chef, when I first starting racing I would stomp the brakes, but I use none now & it's works MUCH better:D

pineway
02-15-2004, 04:39 PM
I hold the gas and i will tap the front brake a little bit.

Chef
02-15-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
I'll have to agree w/ Chef, when I first starting racing I would stomp the brakes, but I use none now & it's works MUCH better:D

If you aren't using any brakes at all, you can drive in alot harder. You need to use brakes, and use em hard, but dont lock em up.

EvilJester400EX
02-15-2004, 07:05 PM
The only time I use the rear brakes are in holeshots, or if the front brakes won't help at all. I go into the turn on the high side, then dive down to the bottom.. or sometimes the other way, lol. Whatever you feel comfortable doing, really.

Out_Sider
02-15-2004, 07:24 PM
well, i feel that locking up the rear brakes help me get in the turn and out of it faster than anyother way i've tried.

Nausty
02-15-2004, 07:39 PM
chef is right for the most part but on some turns u do need to lock up the rear to swing out the rear end and get on the gas earlier.

But to the guy who started it there is no perfect technique that will work for every turn. There are so many differant techniques that apply for differant situations and practice is about the only way to really learn them.

EvilJester400EX
02-15-2004, 08:09 PM
IMO, there is no technique for turning.. all of the turns are different, all requiring different strategies to get out of. That's just how I feel about 'em.

dirtmomma
02-15-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Chef
If you aren't using any brakes at all, you can drive in alot harder. You need to use brakes, and use em hard, but dont lock em up.

LOL WELL I guess I just don't go fast enough:p I'm sure it's probably different on the short tracks compared to what you race on!!;) But I could be wrong too, maybe I just don't know HOW to ride:rolleyes:

LTandRaptorider
02-15-2004, 08:28 PM
I think we're talking about different kinds of racing too. He mentioned taking a berm, or the inside. Generally, if you're protecting your line, you'll take the inside. if the turn is prior to a jump, taking the berm would be better to give you more speed for it. In flat track of course take the inside. Like chef said, carry your speed as far in to the turn as you can and maintain control, use hard momentary braking, let centrifugal forces do the rest. Now if only I'd take my own advice, I might have a few more trophies! :o