PDA

View Full Version : Washington

wes37
02-14-2004, 09:56 PM
Any good places to ride on the west side of the cascades moutains up north.

Thanks, Wes:)

2004TRX450R
02-14-2004, 11:42 PM
Haven't been there yet but there is Belfare. A few guys from work go there almost every weekend. Also Reider pit over by Monroe. Where ya live?

h2ofowl_05
02-17-2005, 04:10 PM
Hey, i live in lynden, washington(north of bellingham). about as far north and west as you can go. i go to a place called the northfork of the nooksack river almost every weekend. last weekend we had a group of eight guys up there and we are still finding a few new trails there to ride. its in the foothills of Mt. Baker.

wes37
02-17-2005, 05:20 PM
So that is right by deming correct?? OR do you just need to follow mt baker highway........I heard that there is a place to ride off of saxton road which is off highway 9 have you heard of that?
Wes

h2ofowl_05
02-17-2005, 05:40 PM
ya, you take the mt baker highway up, im not sure what the roads name is, but you turn off of mt baker, go over the nooksack river and then take a left and the road will turn into a gravel road, it will split take the left road and go up a lil ways and there is a big gravel pit you park in and unload, you can ride around in the pit a little but we just ride out of it and right up the trails.

daddio
02-24-2005, 12:08 PM
EVERYBODY PLEASE READ THIS. WE MUST DO SOMETHING IN ORDER TO GET BACK OUR RIGHTS TO RIDE. WE HAVE THE RIGHT, BECAUSE WE PAID FOR THE RIGHT TO RIDE.

We will keep you updated with new information for the rally.

“If not there, where?” is a slogan that we hope will soon be heard in Olympia from hundreds of motorized off road users on March 25, 2005 if the Northwest Outdoor Coalition (NOC) a coalition of dedicated off road vehicle users of every type, has its way.

That is the date that was picked tonight for a Rally/Demonstration in Olympia by this dedicated core group representing motorized users of ATV, 4WD, Rally Car, Motorcycle, Sports Car,

Motocross, Enduro, Poker Run, Play Riders, Trail Riders, Off Road Racers, etc.

These people are fed up with what is happening in Olympia and want to draw attention to it in the mainstream press!

Some of the current things that are going on in Olympia –

Will virtually eliminate your right for you and your kids to operate your motorized off road vehicles on your own private property!

Require special “rider’s licensing” to operate your off road vehicle on public land.

Eliminate any chance of re-opening the only motorized sports park in Western WA (Thurston County ORV).

Steal $1.6 million of your NOVA funds to pay the thief so the thief can repay the victim (YOU).

And Much More!

It will take everyone that this email is addressed to and many more to bring this about. The go-no-go decision date is March 9, 2005.

Enough people will have to step up and promise to attend before March 9, 2005 or this event will not happen and the Legislature will know they can do as they damn well please and continue to trample the off road motorized users as an insignificant minority. You can bet they will know about this attempt in short order!

Volunteers are sorely needed to actively work the various committees RIGHT NOW! This event will require volunteers to step up and staff committees for signage, funding, sign-up, permits, group co-ordination, press release generation, designated spokespeople, etc. and DO IT NOW!

1) Just hit REPLY TO this email now and tell us you will ATTEND this Rally driving your vehicle with your motorized off road vehicle in the back or on the trailer behind, so we can create a list of attendees.

2) FORWARD this email to ALL of your motorized off road user FRIENDS!

3) Send an email to active-offroader@lycos.com to volunteer to help with one of these committees!

IF NOT NOW, WHEN?

Your Northwest Outdoor Coalition

WQ_250
02-24-2005, 12:56 PM
There is also Walker Valley, which is up in the north end. Reiter pit is outside of Monroe and Belfair is down south by shelton. I have never rode att Northfork, but it sounds like walker valley is about the same. The only bad thing that i dont like about walker is the motorcycles have there own trail, and the quads can't go on them. Well guess what the quads don't have there own trails and the motorcycles tear the crap out of them. Anyways, there is also a small place in Darrington. I'm not to great on directions so somebody else might beable to give you directions if you need them. Oh yea there is also a very small place out in Granite Falls, if you know where that is. Its basically logging roads and pits if you can find them. This place is just a place to go and get some seat time, since it doesn't have very many trails, they all seem to be dead ends.