PDA

View Full Version : jetting question

dnj400ex
02-14-2004, 07:42 PM
I put a white brothers pipe on my 400ex and I changed the main jet with a dynojet 160. There was a 146 in it but it was almost twice as long as the 160 dynojet. Does this sound right? I have been riding it and everything seems fine. I'm just looking for a piece of mind because I have been wondering about it.
Thanks

mustang93
02-14-2004, 07:46 PM
did you put the main and the main jet adapter in? the DJ kit comes with a main jet adapter that goes in first then the main threads into that

dnj400ex
02-15-2004, 05:48 AM
Yes, I left the adapter in.

nikejoe
02-15-2004, 06:24 AM
By the way you are describing it. It sounds like you didn't put in the main jet adapter. I think the adapter you said you left in, is just part of the carb. When you take out the stock jet, You unscrew it from an octagon shaped port, which you leave on the quad, then there is a main jet adapter that comes in the dj kit. The adapter will make the dj jet the same length as the stock jet. It is just like a small piece of threaded tube that makes the dj jet longer. I just went through this a couple weeks ago. I ended up just using a kehin jet from my honda dealer. The reason was I got a kit off e-bay and it was missing the main jet adapter. So the jets are not long enough without the adaptor. I would make sure you have that adapter in place. If you don't have one, you can get the main and pilot kehin jet from a honda dealer in what ever size you want for about $15. I learned the hard way, but my two cents is that dyno-jet kits are over priced and suck!!! I hope this helps, make sure you are using that main jet adapter!!!! Good Luck!! :eek:

mustang93
02-15-2004, 07:12 AM
yes you have to put the DJ main jet adapter in, I disagree with nikejoe about DJ being over priced individual jets at the dealer are like $7 if you order individual jets from DJ they are $2 they also sell the main jet adapter seporate. the only part of the DJ kit you cant purchase seporate is the needle. here is the web site.:cool: http://www.dynojet.com/

nikejoe
02-15-2004, 08:45 AM
Again that was just my opinion about DJ. I'm just thnking why go out and spend $59.00 on a Jet kit. When you can go to the dealer and get individual jets, and have your quad jetted for $15. I think the $15 sounds alot better than the $59. But anyway thanks for the web site, I need to order a main jet adapter for my kit and then it will go on e-bay. I guess its a matter of opinion, and you know what those are like, EVERYONE's got ONE!!!:blah: