PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me.....

250EXking
02-14-2004, 05:10 PM
or is everyone now a days riding the new yfz.

i know honda signed tim, and suzuki has gust, who has yamaha signed... anyone yet...

Pappy
02-14-2004, 06:36 PM
i know of several pro riders who started the season on the YFZ but have now obtained a few trx450r's. id be willing to bet that half way thru the seaon you see more then a few make the switch to the honda.

the yfz was out and being tested and raced whereas the trx wasnt available until very recently.

250EXking
02-14-2004, 07:19 PM
yeah that's true, having the 450r being so new, not everyone will get it. i see jerimiah jones went to a 450, i thought he would never switch from his 2 strokes.... like i just looked at the race report and there was like 10 yamahas on the start.... yeah the dealers around here are saying the 450 will be more easy to get.. at least around here. i hope i start seeing em around the tracks.:D

Pappy
02-14-2004, 07:37 PM
in my opinion the money isnt out there right now for people to buy a new $6500 quad and dump $10,000 into it. you take a racer..say A class who has a $17,000 250R based quad. now he cant sell it for half of that....and he will be lucky to get half of what its worth if he parts it out. he cant use hardly any of the parts from his race quad on the new one so starting from scratch is where he is at. now if he stays another seaon in A class or only races locals he is ok, but if he wants to run the new pro class he is screwed.

now multiply that by a few 10,000 racers and the aftermarket companies are being overwhelmed by those looking for cheap deals on high dollar parts to get the new quad up to spec. a certain few will get the hook up while the rest continue to rack up the credit card in hopes of being competitive. kinda makes me think im in the wrong business:p

anyway, you will see plenty of red on the tracks and even if they arent upfront every race ....you can bet that next season will be an entirely new ballgame.:devil:

TRX250R22
02-16-2004, 12:31 PM
I might be buying some guys R and he is fully sponcered by yamaha now......probably an awesome rider....he said he is racing pro in Canada and, Am. in the states