PDA

View Full Version : clutch troubles

secret sauc002
02-14-2004, 12:59 PM
i'm dissasembling the clutch in mw 300EX i took the springs and clutch cover off now i'm at the point where i have to take off the clutch nut in the center and i dont really know how to go about doing this. i know that i have to hold it in place while i turn the nut but my repair manual said something about grinding the lock washer on the nut but i dont want to just go grindin around my clutch does anyone have any tips ANY help would be good thanks alot. tj.

cals400ex
02-14-2004, 02:50 PM
if you look closely at the nut your removing on one side there is a little indention on it. this is where you are suppose to grind. now, youdon't want to grind all the way down to the shaft. this little indention prevents the nut from coming off. just remember, you need to get a new nut when you install everything.

2004TRX450R
02-14-2004, 11:31 PM
You shouldn't have to grind it. I have never gound any of the ones I have done. You should be able to get behind it with a smal punch or chisel and bend it back out. Or if you have an impact gun just rattle it off and don't worry about it. You should replace the nut too.

secret sauc002
02-15-2004, 04:29 PM
thanks i think i'll try the punch just because i'm afraid to grind the mainshaft :)