PDA

View Full Version : Larger Oil Cooler?

Wheelie
08-20-2001, 01:53 PM
I know several companies make a larger oil tank that drops engine temperatures about 10 degress. Has anyone heard of a larger oil cooler? Would it make more of a cooling difference than a larger oil tank?

400exRacerX
08-20-2001, 02:34 PM
never heard of one, but it sounds like a damn good idea.

oynot400
08-20-2001, 06:17 PM
I have heard that a power steering cooler from a Ford Ranger is slightly larger than the 400ex. I have been tring to get a hold of one to check it out but none of the junk yard around here have one. I would think that there would be something out there that would work.:D

NVR2L8
08-20-2001, 07:22 PM
There's a guy who is a member of the Yahoo 400EX group that is working on a larger cooler. He has friends who work for a radiator/oil cooler company that makes aftermarket products for racers, and they are working on a unit for production/sale. The last I heard from him the prototype is almost finished...it's supposed to be 2-3 vanes larger than the stock oil cooler. He has mentioned he'll post to this board, the Yahoo 400EX group, as well as ATV Connection once they are ready for sale.

Wheelie
08-20-2001, 08:51 PM
I hope your right, I'm surprised no aftermarket company has made one yet. It would save weight as opposed to the larger oil tank, and I think it would have better cooling properties.