PDA

View Full Version : Helmet camera questions

BlazingYamahaYz
02-13-2004, 05:54 PM
hey guys-
im looking at getting a helmet cam, just for messing around with, nothing too fancy....but what would I need to purchase to get a full working camera? is there like a kit with everything i would need for somewhat cheap that i could buy? i have seen "kits" for sale on ebay that said didnt include recorder, so do you have to buy a seperate recorder? also, is there any way to get the video onto the computer? what is the video recorded on? vhs tapes? 8mm tapes? etc? thanks guys, any help will be appreciated....

RytM1
02-13-2004, 09:15 PM
There are a couple of threads on these already, and they have links to a couple of different companies. I don't recall seeing any that include a recorder. There are compact recorders (8mm) that you can get (Sony), and you would have to probably wear that in a fanny pack. To get it onto the computer, you can get a program called Dazzle, or something similar.

BlazingYamahaYz
02-13-2004, 09:18 PM
alright, ill do some more searching.....yea, i have a few different video editing programs, just wasnt sure if u could take the footage out and edit it...