PDA

View Full Version : 250ex pipes ??

Matt756
02-13-2004, 05:15 AM
what kind of pipes are there for the 250ex?? which is the best??

ex kid
02-13-2004, 06:50 AM
i have a Big Gun full system on mine and i've been very happy with it. it bolted up nice, it sounds good, it added alot of power to the machine everywhere with the rejet. i deffinatley recomend the Big Gun full system its well worth the money for the performece you gain. i would also look at the HMF for me it came down to the HMF and Big Gun.

my jetting FYI
im on the east coast and i consitantly run a:

104 main
stock piolet
stock needle with the clip moved up one position
uni filter
closed up airbox
mixture screw 2 and 1/2 turns out

Matt756
02-13-2004, 07:36 AM
i just sold my 300ex cause i needed a little bit of money so i bought a 250ex its got more power than i thought it would but i still want more so is the big gun loud?? i like my neighbors dont want to make them mad

ex kid
02-13-2004, 09:17 AM
it's deffinatley louder than stock. you would have to call them for a Db reading. the HMF will be alot louder as well. i know Big Gun does make a queit core and quiet packing for the race series muffler and they make a quiet series exhaust all together.

www.biggunexhaust.com

also check out HMF
they have a thread on this site.

Matt756
02-13-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by ex kid
it's deffinatley louder than stock. you would have to call them for a Db reading. the HMF will be alot louder as well. i know Big Gun does make a queit core and quiet packing for the race series muffler and they make a quiet series exhaust all together.

www.biggunexhaust.com

also check out HMF
they have a thread on this site.
dontyou lose power if u get the quite core

ex kid
02-13-2004, 09:22 AM
both companys claim you really dont loose too much power.