PDA

View Full Version : If You Are Selling Plastic here Read This

H440exconfused
02-12-2004, 10:06 PM
I have seen several occassions recently for people selling their plastics on this site, ( one of them was my cousin ) People are asking for a specific price shipped and when they accept the offers, and recieve the money they attempt to ship the plastic and find that the shipping cost is way more than they had estimated, so then they in turn ask the purchaser for more money, which is wrong, if you are selling something to someone on here and you agree to a price for it shipped, it is your responsibilty to check on the cost of shipping before agreeing to a price SHIPPED.

Just my .02

LSRyfz426
02-12-2004, 10:11 PM
shipping plastic is very expensive... I tryed it once

MX#9
02-13-2004, 07:14 AM
I agree 100%. If you make a good deal,you live with it and if you make a bad deal you live with that too. Keep your word.

noreversesucks
02-13-2004, 08:36 AM
The best way I've found to ship plastic is to wrap the fenders up in that saran wrap stuff, (the kind used for shipping), and use the USPS.
I just shipped a set of rear 350X fenders to Alaska and it cost less than $20.

beak7707
02-13-2004, 08:52 AM
Yes just wrap in good in plastic. It cost way to much to put it in a box.

Johnny & Monica
02-13-2004, 08:52 AM
I`ve lost my #ss more than once on shipping plastic,An took the loss like a man ,

MX#9
02-13-2004, 09:20 AM
Bravo mikeracer,at least somebody was happy,right?

la400ex
02-13-2004, 05:40 PM
I sold my plastic for 100 shipped lol....it cost me 126 to ship it. It never even crossed my mind to ask the buyer for more money. I agreed to 100 shipped so thats what I did. Got screwed but that was the deal.

nikejoe
02-13-2004, 10:03 PM
I sold my full set of fenders on e-bay. Before I put them up for auction I checked other auctions and people were allowing $25-$35. So I listed them with $25 for shipping. The auction ended at $75 plus shipping. The guy sent payment and I went to the UPS store to ship. He said it was $112 to ship. I thought he was crazy!!! So I went home and posted a question on this site and some people told me about shrink wrapping your fenders. I took them out of the box and wrapped them, the shipping cost went down to $40. Wrapping them really saved my butt!!!! Also it depends on who you get at the ups store. Even after the fenders were wrapped the guy measuring them, measured the length with his tape measure arched over the fenders and that measurement was more than it should have been. So at first he tried to tell me it was going to still be $112. After I explained to him how to measure the width of an odd shaped item the price went down to $40. So the fender size must be really close to their magic rip off number. Hope this keeps others from making the same mistake I did. But I do agree, Once you quote a shipped price, you need to stick with it. Just try to do a little research and do not let ups rip you off!!!! :p

02-14-2004, 09:20 PM
i shpied my plastic for $17.50

brandonpeake
02-16-2004, 07:18 AM
i shipped my platic front and rear and my seat and headlight asembly theu ups in a box for 32.19 or something like that

nuttynewt
02-17-2004, 01:47 PM
You could cut the fenders in half and include a drill bit and a handful of zip-ties...

400exbiggun
02-17-2004, 06:16 PM
wow, yeah i just bought raptor rear fenders that came in a box, from the other side of the country but it was only $38 to ship. And now i just sold my complete fender set off my tecate (front, rear...etc) im going to see what it costs to ship in the big box that my rap fenders came in, if not i'll wrap them, cause i sold em for $380 inc shipping I also ship the shrink wrap way through usps and it was like 15 for the rear 400ex fenders.

exman
02-18-2004, 07:09 PM
no more boxes its a killer for dead airspace, and believe it or not fenders arrive better shrink rapped than put in box. UPs ship houses just toss those boxes like its nothing, and stack em. with fenders and odd items they always go to the top. same with frames, pad up the areas and send. goes from 110 to 26. amazing

Foxrage
02-28-2004, 09:08 PM
I think for 2004 shipping companys changed there policy. I shipped a frame to a guy in seran wrap for 22 dollars...well turns out i shipped it to the wrong guy and i had him ship it to the right guy and it ended up costing me another 140 dollars. it sucked but they were happy even tho there was a mix up.

Then i shipped some tires the other day and i seran wrapped those and he charged me 6 dollars for not being in a box.

Quadude32
02-29-2004, 02:35 PM
thanks for the info and a Big Headache i could have had. I was going to list my " R" Plastic on ebay today. I think i will do what someone above said and "Wrap" Them.

Diedrich
03-01-2004, 10:06 PM
what kind of wrap are yall using and where yall get it?

nikejoe
03-02-2004, 05:50 AM
The stuff I used I got from work. It is shrink wrap, like saran wrap onyl much stronger and thicker. I checked around and staples has a 2ftx1000ft roll. It was way more than I could ever use! It was about $20. So I just used some from work. Good Luck!:p

Quadude32
03-02-2004, 06:48 AM
nikejoe , Did you wrap both frt & Rear together in one package or seprate? What did it cost you to ship? Did you use usps or ups? Thanks for the info:D

nikejoe
03-02-2004, 03:11 PM
My front fenders were race cut, so they were pretty small. I just turned the backs over and nested the front into the underside of the backs. If that makes any sense. Make sure you cover all the corners and sharp edges with card board. At first it will seem really sloppy but get a little tighter with every pass. Mine cost $40 I think. It's posted in a really long post on this thread. I shipped them ups. But if they tell you it's $112, argue with them. Even after I had mine shrink wrapped the ups guy at the ups store said the cheapest would be $112. I asked what measurements he used? he had rounded up and also measured the width by arching his fabric tape measure over the fenders and back down the other side. :eek2:

After I showed him what the width should be it dropped to $40.
Be careful!! And good Luck!:p

Quadude32
03-03-2004, 09:10 AM
Thanks for info Buddy:D

Admin
03-03-2004, 09:40 AM
I have found the Fedex is actually the cheapest place to ship fenders. I have put them in boxes and shipped across the country for 35.00.

Try Fedex next time you ship plastic.