PDA

View Full Version : quad dies when throttle's applied.

YamaWarr0121
02-12-2004, 08:17 PM
NOw ik now this is on my warrior, but im sure its the same on a 400ex cos all carbed quads probably work the same..:blah:

this thing just needs some FI now..:devil:

A problem..

kinda long but yea..

Quad works like this:
Will run awesome one day, next day run great , until i come around a corner, start it up aftera break, pull in the clutch, basically any time at random. it'll pretend it has a rev limiter around 3g i guess . I'll take the throttle push it on, then just killed at the revlimiter. You know the rev lmiter it ha with the stock clutch perch with the parking brake? it seems like that. It CAN be that, but we have both wires unplugged, and that wire covered with electrical tape and stoored underneath the headlight.

NOw, i can just be riding along, pull in the clutch, then hit the gas, and then BOoom boom pop pop ( Rev limiter noises) The quad is just being killed around 3000,3500 rpm.

HEre's my philosphy's.

either can be what? dirt in the carb? if so, what do i do to clean it?
A loose connectin somewhere? ( this isn't like my cannondale though, it has about 3 connections, don't know where they oculd be wrong at)

It has a brand new stator, brand new cleaned out gas tank and gas, new airfilter, newly charged battery, and changed oils and filters.

Only thing i haven't done was check the valves..Do you guys think that can be it?

Help guys, i want to ride this quad, its been a lotta fun to mess around on, but i need to sell it eventually so it has to run right..

Thanks

bermbanga
02-13-2004, 08:32 AM
it needs a new spark plug
mine did the same thing

bobbo97f150
02-13-2004, 09:38 AM
It sounds like a bad connection around your reverse switch. I don't think it would be a spark plug by your description.

Max400
02-13-2004, 09:44 AM
It sounds like a bad connection around your reverse switch. I don't think it would be a spark plug by your description.

That's the problem. It happened to my warrior and I took off that cheessy little connection that they had and stripped the wire back, sanded the surface around the screw ,, re-attached the wire and no problem after that!

YamaWarr0121
02-13-2004, 01:21 PM
sojust check those wires n stuff there?

k put that on my will do list..

definately not teh plug changed that atleast 3 times..

cals400ex
02-13-2004, 03:19 PM
that wire was defective on my friends blaster too. he just removed it and hasn't had a problem since.

bermbanga
02-13-2004, 04:01 PM
perhaps u should have said u changed the plug:grr: :mad:

AtvMxRider
02-13-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by bermbanga
perhaps u should have said u changed the plug:grr: :mad:

Perhaps you should STFU and go away.

hondarider2006
02-13-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Perhaps you should STFU and go away.

I'll agree with you:devil:

nastynotchback1
02-13-2004, 09:27 PM
when you find out what it is post it because a freind has the same problem and we cannot figur it out.done all the wire problem fixes and changed the cdi.this problem has baffled use.

YamaWarr0121
02-14-2004, 01:19 PM
i adjusted/played with the wires, it fixed it , then i rode it down my yard ( 50 yards) and back, then turned aroun d a tree to do it again, and it just started to do it again..i dunno what's wrong

any more idea's?

float in the carb maybe?