PDA

View Full Version : 250x/300ex jetting?????

seven
02-12-2004, 07:31 PM
I have a 250x with a white brothers 315 kit in it. The jetting is all screwed up right now, Thats the way I got it. Its got a port job,cam, and a higher compression piston. Any opinions on were to start with the air screw,pilot, main jet? Right now it runs but when you stab the throttle it has a pretty significant bog till it starts to rev. Then it seems to be okay on the top. I am thinking the needle is to fat or maybe the main is a little fat. I havent opened up the carb yet so I have no idea whats in there. Whats the stock size for a 300ex?

TGW_400ex
02-12-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by seven
I have a 250x with a white brothers 315 kit in it. The jetting is all screwed up right now, Thats the way I got it. Its got a port job,cam, and a higher compression piston. Any opinions on were to start with the air screw,pilot, main jet? Right now it runs but when you stab the throttle it has a pretty significant bog till it starts to rev. Then it seems to be okay on the top. I am thinking the needle is to fat or maybe the main is a little fat. I havent opened up the carb yet so I have no idea whats in there. Whats the stock size for a 300ex?

Someone move this to the right category:rolleyes:

ReconRider25
02-12-2004, 07:47 PM
well alot of people put these in the open forum cuz noones hardly ever in the other forums.......and they want to know....and as for the jetting, that bog is from the pilot and maybe the needle. correct me if im wworng but should he turn the screw in and raise the clip on the needle or do i have it backwards?

seven
02-13-2004, 05:46 AM
You are correct on both acounts. I put this in open forum becouse more people look in here. I was thinking the same thing about the needle and pilot. It seems to start well so I will try the needle first.