PDA

View Full Version : Engine cutting out!!!

Warrioreater400ex
02-12-2004, 02:26 PM
i went riding the other day on my 400, there was a lot of mud and water and stuff, but everything went fine. Then that night i was backing off the ramps out of my lifted toyota and when the back tires hit the concrete it flipped over backwards all the way onto the bars. but it was running fine before that, however now if i go past 3/8 throttle it cuts out progressively, if i peg it it just dies. I checked the oil, theres no water or trash in it, it was running fine all day, could it flipping over have anything to do with it? it sounds like a carb problem but i dont konw, it seemed to smoke some when i first started it? perhaps time for a rebuild? i havent adjusted the valves because i really am not brave enough to break into a 4 stroke engine. what is wrong with it?

sandspanker
02-12-2004, 08:10 PM
:D first off I would get some longer ramps, so it does not happen again.as for the amoke when you started it dont worry about it to much when it was upside down some oil got in the cyl. had to go some place when you started it so it burnt it. does sound like a carb problem. take the carb apart and clean everything real good. also make sure their is no water in your gas.:p