PDA

View Full Version : Cobra Exhaust...

08-20-2001, 12:28 PM
hey im lookin for an exhause system that will give me added power but also one that makes my quad sound louder...its just somthin i want. and i cant afford to pay 300 dollars for one so i was lookin through the dennis kirk mag and saw one, that i think, will fit the descripion. its the cobra exhaust mehaphone system. and i was atually surprised that it was only $85.00. Now some of the others are $250, or higher, i just wanted to know if you think it will be a rip off or if i should experiment with it? heres a link from dennis kirk that has more details and a pic of the system...click here (http://www.denniskirk.com/asp/detail.asp?PartNo=44277%20%20%20%20%20%20%20&ProdType=08&SubProdType=muffcustom&Name=Search&MultiDim=N) thanks, later, Nick

08-20-2001, 12:59 PM
All right dude here's my opinion,,,the cobra pipe is a fancy looking coffee can that you can put on your 4 wheeler as a muffler. Get another brand, there all good and will give you a performance gain. A cobra will just give you a headache and get you in trouble with the law and your neighbors, plus it will fall apart in about 6 months. If ya got FMF stickers then get an FMF pipe to go with it,,,I use FMF and love the pipe setup I have but there are other good pipes out there for under 300 bucks. Go out to my link and take a look at the pipe setup I use,,,,:D

CHAR250R
09-07-2001, 12:52 PM
HOLD ON HERE, I HAVE A COBRA JET ON MY 86 350X. IT'S BEEN ON IT FROM LATE 85 WHEN I FIRST BOUGHT IT. IT HASN'T FALLEN APART, AND IT'S BEEN ON THERE FOR OVER 15 YEARS! AS FAR AS LOUDNESS GOES, FORGET IT! IT WILL WAKE THE DEAD! I HAVE A BIGGUN RACE FULL EXHAUST ON MY 400EX, AND I'M 100% HAPPY WITH IT. SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY, AND GET A QUAULITY PIPE. YOU WON'T BE HAPPY WITH A CHEAP ONE. RIDE ON!

knighttime
09-07-2001, 01:01 PM
Yeah, if you wanna save money or are on a tight budget, get a used FMF. Maybe look on ebay. I just sold my FMF megamax2 for 55 dollars. Thats not gonna help u, but keep lookin.

Revin300EX
09-07-2001, 08:18 PM
My friend put a cobra on his 200SX.

It was unbearable to ride! Too much noise... Imagine what it would be like on a performance quad like a 300 or 400EX :eek:

09-09-2001, 03:19 PM
yeah dont get one we used to have one on the 300 we used to have it gave it more power but was too loud i mean it was alot louder than the whitebrothers i have right now

09-09-2001, 03:44 PM
Yeah I got one and you can hear it for like over a mile. Its like thunder when your on the gas.

stocktires
09-11-2001, 05:25 PM
i have a cobra pipe for sale, used for $30. it wont fall apart but there all right about it being loud!!!

09-11-2001, 06:07 PM
well consider it sold if its for a 300ex. What model is it? Megaphone? Jet? do u have a picture?

09-11-2001, 06:18 PM
No offense on this but I got 1 word about cobra exhaust........................JUNK...........and if ya think different why do they cost so much less than ALL other brands...would ya put cheap retread tires on your car??????

09-11-2001, 06:23 PM
Well buddy I got 2 words for you rico.........FMF sucks. if you think you've got the best exhaust your fricken stupid cuz FMF doesn't make a good 4 stroke exhaust and cobra is just as good as FMF if noy better plus its cheaper. My cobra really woke my ex up.So get over it. we were talkin bout the 300ex mufflers anyway

Red Rooster
09-11-2001, 06:47 PM
Cobra pipes (certain models) suck!!! I put a DG RCM same thing as what the cobra model U are looking at I WAS SO LOUD I BROUGHT IT BACK!!!!!! (piece of junk) I bought a mega max II system i love it. YOU won't have any people that want to have you ride with them!! obnoxious crap like that gives us all a bad name. that belongs at closed course racing!

stocktires
09-11-2001, 06:57 PM
cobra is a great exhaust!! but its too loud if you live by many people! fmf is about equal to the cobra (i have them both!! powercore IV2). and i KNOW the cobra isnt a piece of junk!!! mine's 5 years old and is in AWESOME condition!!! the fmf is a waste of money, but its is quiter if thats what you want! but if you want quite get a supertrapp

trx400ex
09-11-2001, 07:04 PM
hey bumbanger, watch who ya callin stupid, fmf doesnt suck, but cobra does, i know because i have to hear one every dam day, they do fall apart and are prone to leaks everywhere, the fmf isnt a waste of money and isnt even half is loud as the cobra, once again ive heard them side by side .......i can here a cobra from 4 miles away honestly, and that is with cornfields and woods in between, sorry if i offended anyone but you just dont go talken bout what you dont know

kc 300EX
09-11-2001, 07:05 PM
i used to have an 86 suzuki Q'sport, it sat in some1's yard for probably 5 years, cost 260 bux to get running again, included in that was an 85 dollar Cobra exaust......I had no money, so an 85 dollar exaust seemed amazing nad it was, I rode that quad with that exaust until the quad blew up, the exaust worked great for me, what else would i have done? buy a 300 dollar exaust for my free quad, dont think so, so maybe a Cobra isnt for you, but its for some people, BTW, I dont think it was THAT much worse than my WB E

trx400ex
09-11-2001, 07:16 PM
well why do you think the quad blew up? just joking

09-11-2001, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by bermbanger
Well buddy I got 2 words for you rico.........FMF sucks. if you think you've got the best exhaust your fricken stupid cuz FMF doesn't make a good 4 stroke exhaust and cobra is just as good as FMF if noy better plus its cheaper. My cobra really woke my ex up.So get over it. we were talkin bout the 300ex mufflers anyway

Well buttbanger I got 2 words for you get a job so you can afford a real exhaust.. I never said FMF was the best,, I use FMF because I ride in areas that dont' allow a coffee can(cobra) loud exhaust. And don't you dare come on here an give me a bunch of SH*T,,,because I don't deal with peoples bs to lightly...OK..
and yes I know were talkin about a 300ex,,,I'm not as stupid as you think. I know of 3 people with cobra pipes and they all fell apart and were extremly loud. IF cobra's were so good then why is it that nobody but you think that they hung the moon. FMF is the leader in pipe manufacturing,,,not for 4 stokes but 2 strokes,,,don't ya think they know what there doing better than some jack leg and associates that make cobra...I'm tired of flamin so you can think what you want cuz I dont' care..You've done proved your worth to me by thinkin a cobra is a good as FMF bash me all you want,,,,,but I think somebody is jealous.:grr :grr

kc 300EX
09-11-2001, 07:32 PM
trx400ex, yes, i know my old quad blowin up is hilarious(it was actually) but really it blew cuz it was bored WAY too much, the sleeve was outta round, and it burned oil bad, came the day where it was like 800 bux to fix, so i went out and bought my 300

09-11-2001, 07:40 PM
By god I'm not taking any sh*t off you flaming faggets. If someone puts down my quad or anything on it I'm gonna be mad. Jealous my *** I'm damn proud of my choice for the cobra. That was hard earned money son and it was spent on a good product so if you don't like that cobra can as you call it you can stick it up your ***. I don't start puttin other peoples mufflers down or quads until some1 says something bout mine then yes i'm gonna say something so y don't you just keep your stupid *** comments to yourself

trx400ex
09-11-2001, 07:46 PM
1. If you don't like someone, make believe you do or don't respond. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.
2. Leave the flamers to the moderators, don't respond.
3. You can discuss the virtues or shortcomings of any products, organizations, or companies in a polite, factual manner without malice.
4. Have some fun, learn, and enjoy your hobby.

EITHER CHILL OUT NOW, OR LEAVE.....RICO IS NOT STUPID AND HES HELPED ALOT OF PEOPLE HERE AND THATS WERE HIS 1000+ POSTS COME FROM

CHAR250R
09-11-2001, 07:52 PM
Hey Rico, I agree with you 100%. FMF does make an awesome 2 stroke pipe. I have one on my KDX200. I've had FMF on all my CR125's. I've had an 85, 86, 2-87's, 93, and a 98. Excellent pipes. I have a Cobra jet on my 86 350x. HOLY S#*T!!!!! is it loud. Makes excellent H.P. I got a complete Big Gun race exhaust on my 400ex. Love it. Not to loud. Not as loud as the Cobra jet. The Cobra is still in nice shape. It's been on the trike for 15 years! I used to like how loud the Cobra jet was. Now it agrivates me. I must be getting old! FMF makes nice 4 stroke stuff, but I'll stick with the Big Gun. It makes a little more H.P. than the FMF. If I had to describe the Cobra jet in one word, the word would be "cheap". Who cares what kinda exhaust you got, as long as you got one! Ride on.

09-11-2001, 08:13 PM
I'm new here and thought Rico was pretty smart until bermbanger set me straight... :blah

I guess I'll be getting a Cobra instead of the Big Gun I planned on getting. :D

09-11-2001, 08:15 PM
Well it looks like somebody has ADD,,,no names mentioned,,,,,,,and Char350x I'm glad to see your an adult with a good attitude.:D buttbanger I got nothing to say to you but callin people faggots shows your TRUE,,,, IQ,,very dissapointed in your actions and responses. Sorry for not thinking a cobra exhaust is the choice of champions.....and do me a favor go back and read what trx400ex posted when ya get time....later,,,Rico.

09-11-2001, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by 300EX-Newbie
I'm new here and thought Rico was pretty smart until bermbanger set me straight... :blah

I guess I'll be getting a Cobra instead of the Big Gun I planned on getting. :D

ALLLLLRIGHTY THEN......:confused: :confused: :confused:

I'm done wastin my time on this stupid subject,,,later guys..

09-11-2001, 08:36 PM
hey guys! just dropping in and wanted to say that, well, bermbanger likes the cheap crappy stuff, he bought moose handlebars, didn't he?;)

09-11-2001, 08:41 PM
JUST REMEMBER ONE THING YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. IF YOU JUST WANT AN EXHAUST THAT WILL BE LOUD AND GIVE DECENT GAINS THAN GO FOR IT! BUT IN THE OTHER HAND HOW MANY PRO RACERS USE IT OR ARE SPONCERED BY IT. DON'T JUMP MY $HIT PLEASE JUST MY .02..:p

09-11-2001, 08:45 PM
I know I said I'm done with this post but I couldn't resist not saying something to the last 2 responses,,,

2002-400ex,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,amen,,most of us know that.

and enad58,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,DOHHHH,,,,,that's gonna leave a mark.:

stocktires
09-11-2001, 08:57 PM
OK, i have both pipes for my 300ex!!! the fmf is quieter, well a good bit quieter, and the fmf giver pretty good hp, so does the cobra. the cobra doesnt cost much so i would absoluty reccomend this to a budget racer!!! its NOT a piece of crap! but its loud! both are way better than stock! i have a 250r with an fmf pipe and silencer and i dont think its that great cuz MINE gets dents in it real easy, so dont be *****in at me cuz your pipe on your 2-stroke never gets n e dents!

09-11-2001, 11:59 PM
i haven't heard the cobra on a 300 but on a warrior it's like stading next to a speaker at a rock concert...a girl on a warrior 25feet away was shaking my fenders loose..but fmf isen't the shiznit either..i am a PC fan but everyone is so spent on the big name aftermarket stuff they don't look at the more underground lets say companys...i've had paul turner and lrd on my 250r..both great pipes...look at how many fmf pipes the are for one model of a bike..all of the feel the same to my..i say do the reasearch,ask the questions and but what you can afford. i don't have the money at the moment to but new tires for gods sake...rico, you got to remeber not all of us make 20 an hour and also some of us are still in the very young teen that can't even get jobs and are lucky enough just to have the quad...we're all in this together

09-12-2001, 02:17 PM
No you dipstick the moose handlebars were already on the bike when I got it. And rico your the one who needs to get a job. Its pretty obvious u don't have one cuz all you do is sit at your computer and post at here all day long.

09-12-2001, 02:25 PM
well i geuss its time for my opinion, ANY aftermarket pipe u puy will give up more hp!! i think that if u pipe a 300 add an airfilter and rejet u will be in the same leugue as a warrior, how do i know this? i did it too my 300 (btw i use a dg rcm complete) and it will walk all over a stock warrior;)

trx400ex
09-12-2001, 02:59 PM
hey berm you must be smart look at ricos profile and it says hes a LAN engineer (WTF is that????????????????) MMMMMMMKKKKKK

there are many paths to the top of the mountain but the view is the same

09-12-2001, 05:32 PM
Yeah buttbanger is right,,,,I don't know how I could have $10,000 invested in my quad, while beeing unemployed,,,I guess I'll get off of here and go find a job..;) I'm a computer technician and work on a helpdesk,,,,I sit at a computer all day that's what I do for a living,,,,I still don't know why I keep replying to this post,,,I guess I like to show some people that there really not as bright as they think..

Mr banger you put what ever you want on you bike,,,,I could care less,,,Run a straight header pipe if ya want,I just stated my opinion,which were all intitled to,, regarding cobra pipes..but what I can say is I hope you never need my help or opinion on anything cuz lady,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you ain't gonna get it.:grr

trx400ex
09-12-2001, 08:55 PM
rico, why would you even need a header pipe