PDA

View Full Version : PRM skidplate is junk

ghost_ryder
02-11-2004, 08:39 PM
okay i have a prm skidplate for my z and its been on there since november maybe i dont remember...anyways it is broke completely is half...is there a warranty with prm or what? i thought they were like the best u could buy and i dont ride very hard either...im puked

Pappy
02-11-2004, 08:41 PM
bahahhahahhaa......you + hatfield = busted up:p

they all will get busted up eventually.

bradley300
02-11-2004, 08:54 PM
ya, just imagine if that was a junky dg skid

that does sound a little preature tho, even mine has lasted longer than that

UglyMotha™
02-11-2004, 09:31 PM
my belly skid is still in pretty good shape but the the swing arm skid is bent clear up into the sproket that it has cut a nasty gouge in it i need to bend it back down, but it hasn't broke yet

you ever get a bumper for the front of that machine yet :blah:

quadrider400
02-12-2004, 02:43 AM
PRM is nothing but trouble..... I had it on an LT 250 and they would not stand behind the product....:grr: I would suggest that everyone stay away... :mad:

I ended up taking them off and sending them back .... never heard a word from them .... I had the skid plate and A Arm skids none of it fit right either....:macho :macho :macho

Pappy
02-12-2004, 06:45 AM
out of all the products ive tried, prm has consistanly fit the best:huh

its a skid plate that gets beat on if you ride in a rocky area, i know too many riders that use them to even begin to believe they are junk.

UglyMotha™
02-12-2004, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
out of all the products ive tried, prm has consistanly fit the best:huh

its a skid plate that gets beat on if you ride in a rocky area, i know too many riders that use them to even begin to believe they are junk.

ditto, there far from junk compared to other stuff, plus mine fit like a glove

02-12-2004, 06:54 AM
I've literally beat the chit outa mine, hit rocks that kicked my rear end up 2 feet.:eek: I think it's a great product. Sounds like some of you might want to look into badger skids, I believe they are stainless.

k2-dawg
02-12-2004, 08:21 AM
My PRM swing arm skid is still in good shape, I've beat the snot out of it . Now talk about junk, my DG was beat to chit and bent, re-bent, pounded back into somewhat shape, Basically looked like a beer can that had been on a highway.

What does you swing arm look like if your skid plate is broken in half???

Pappy
02-12-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by k2-dawg

What does you swing arm look like if your skid plate is broken in half???

thats the reason i wont run stainless (until someone can tell me different)

as far as ive been told aluminum may bend and give but transfers alot less energy to the swing arm. now ive hit rocks that shook my hands off the bars but never split a skid:p or cracked a swing arm

Hotdog
02-12-2004, 08:34 AM
aluminum is really good for transfering heat and absorbing force. Stainless will not absorb force or energy as well. it will transfer the force onto the next component.

bigb426ex
02-12-2004, 08:42 AM
I had a PRM skidplate for about a year and I loved it, but I decided to try a Pro-Tech stainless steel skid plate for last years Missouri HareScramble Series. Again, I loved them both but in my experience I noticed that the steel skid plate seemed to hold up to stuff a little better than the aluminum. For me it was always hard to bend back when it was rubbing on the rotor or chain. I liked the fact that when the stainless steel skidplate was bent up or cracked, my dad could just send it to work and get the crack welded. Again, I love PRM as well, I have a belly pan and summitt bumper by them and love it as well. Just my 2 cents. :D

greghall
02-12-2004, 08:42 AM
qiut hitting rocks.

Black400
02-14-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
thats the reason i wont run stainless (until someone can tell me different)

as far as ive been told aluminum may bend and give but transfers alot less energy to the swing arm. now ive hit rocks that shook my hands off the bars but never split a skid:p or cracked a swing arm thats cuz i've heard you ride like a pansy pappy:eek: :p

AC 400 ex 02
02-14-2004, 02:20 PM
i'd rather bend my skidplate or crack it than crack my swingarm:rolleyes: btw i beat the snot outta mine on powerlines and held up better than anything ive ridden