PDA

View Full Version : QUAD 4-Hour team race in Washington.

Narly R
02-11-2004, 07:59 PM
It is at Eddville Motorsports Park in Goldendale, WA. It is April 25th.

It is a 6 mile groomed course. There is a Pro, Expert, Amatur, Utility Quad, and a Womens class. The Pro and Expert class has a max of 2 people per team. All the others can be up to 4 people. They have a play day saturday the day before. It should be a lot of fun. i am hopeing to be there. For more info go to www.quadsonly.com or www.overthebarsgang.com/eddiville

Or call Brandon Brown at 541-561-5169, or Chris Larsen at 360-402-8400

chad400ex
02-11-2004, 08:01 PM
My club should have a couple of teams racing. Joex and I will be there representing the "old farts" :p

dirtmomma
02-11-2004, 08:09 PM
YEP the Sandvig Racing team will be there also WHOO HOOO we will have 2 teams probably, one w/ myself,son & husband(unless his arm isn't up to it) the other team will be my bro in law,his son,& my ohter nephew. If the hubby can't race then I m ay just stick my son on the other team & I'll make up a womens team, we'll just have to see as the date draws nearer!!! Can't wait too meet some people off of here that'll be cool.

ultimate2girl
02-11-2004, 08:56 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Narly R
[B]It is at Eddville Motorsports Park in Goldendale, WA. It is April 25th.

It is a 6 mile groomed course. There is a Pro, Expert, Amatur, Utility Quad, and a Womens class. The Pro and Expert class has a max of 2 people per team. All the others can be up to 4 people. They have a play day saturday the day before. It should be a lot of fun. i am hopeing to be there. For more info go to [url]

WOMANS CLASS ya i could win a class !!!:devil:

ThumPIN_450R
02-11-2004, 09:55 PM
narly R do you know Brandon and have you or any body else in here for that ever raced or ridden at horn rapids orv park in Richland wash.

Narly R
02-12-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by ThumPIN_450R
narly R do you know Brandon and have you or any body else in here for that ever raced or ridden at horn rapids orv park in Richland wash.

I know who Brandon is, talked to him a little, beat him also....muhahaha.....:p I havent talked to him much, seems like a real cool guy! I havent went to Horn Rapids ORV park before, my friend might have, is it new Portland?:)

AndreS
02-13-2004, 12:25 AM
i've met brandon a couple times. he's good people.
(just a FYI for beginners) i talked with him about this event while i was at glen helen for the GNC... they may make a beginner class if we have enough teams that want it, but he will discuss it w/ the others involved first & then it will be brought up at the riders meeting on race day...

right now i'm working on getting my friends & brothers to go... & maybe form a team w/ them.. if not i'll be solo looking for a team mate to run expert... i know i will be there.

i have ridden at horn rapids ORV. what do you want to know about it?

ThumPIN_450R
02-13-2004, 04:39 PM
i just wanted to know if you have ever ridden there that's where i usually race at......... narly R you beat brandon?? he is pretty dang fast did he crash or break or are even faster

Chef
02-13-2004, 04:50 PM
I'm planning on making it. Our team should be pretty fast in the Amateur class.:cool:

Also, do I need to get skids, or is it just a big long smooth track?

dirtmomma
02-13-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Chef

Also, do I need to get skids, or is it just a big long smooth track?

I was wondering that also, I don't have any skids except for my stock one which is all bent up & weighs a TON!! :blah:

AndreS
02-14-2004, 02:19 AM
having ridden it, i'd say skid plates are optional... there is an occasional rock, but for the most part it's almost rock free & a very smooth course other than bumps, whoops, gulleys, off-cambers, etc. there is no rock fields or washes like some courses have. there are a number of riders going on march 20th/21st to ride/practice there & the WORCS races are there march 27-28. i plan to be at both.

Chef
02-14-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by AndreS
having ridden it, i'd say skid plates are optional... there is an occasional rock, but for the most part it's almost rock free & a very smooth course other than bumps, whoops, gulleys, off-cambers, etc. there is no rock fields or washes like some courses have. there are a number of riders going on march 20th/21st to ride/practice there & the WORCS races are there march 27-28. i plan to be at both.

How about trees? Or is it just wide open?

AndreS
02-14-2004, 12:54 PM
no trees at all. the track is cut into a grassy hillside & ridge.
here's a better description:
Eddieville (http://www.overthebarsgang.com/eddieville.html)
heres a great overhead view: Track (http://www.overthebarsgang.com/EVpic.htm)

Narly R
03-02-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by ThumPIN_450R
i just wanted to know if you have ever ridden there that's where i usually race at......... narly R you beat brandon?? he is pretty dang fast did he crash or break or are even faster

I beat him one race, and then was ahead of him the next. but i got sideways and he passed me and I was too tired to catch back up...:(

We will still be there with the ramp! A few friends are going. Hope to see everyone there!:)

supermax99
03-03-2004, 09:51 PM
hey KC... this is max. we met over at the albany LC thing. at that pro-am. I ride the Blue YFZ. We should do the team race dude.
we would tear it up. show them washinton guys what its all about.. nice pics of the gravel jump too.

ultimate2girl
03-03-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by supermax99
hey KC... this is max. we met over at the albany LC thing. at that pro-am. I ride the Blue YFZ. We should do the team race dude.
we would tear it up. show them washinton guys what its all about.. nice pics of the gravel jump too.

OMG ~
KC you got everyone from Oregon hooked on this site
HI MAX :devil:

supermax99
03-03-2004, 09:59 PM
HELLO!!!!

supermax99
03-03-2004, 10:01 PM
Whos ultimate girl

ultimate2girl
03-03-2004, 10:25 PM
think about it
who runs ultimate 2 ????????
(ur just as blonde as KC)

Narly R
03-03-2004, 10:40 PM
Hey Max, this is K.C. (if ya didnt notice) welcome to the site. I am the kid with the "Metal Mulisha" 250r (if ya didnt know). Are you going to that race in washington?

Narly R
03-03-2004, 10:48 PM
Hey Max, this is K.C. (if ya didnt notice) welcome to the site. I am the kid with the "Metal Mulisha" 250r (if ya didnt know). Are you going to that race in washington?

airheadedduner
03-05-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by supermax99
Whos ultimate girl
I think blaster #10.

I think you know me, we have gotten stuck together a couple times:o

I might be there with a 3 man team in the am class. Solo-ing it has also crossed my mind:huh

AndreS
03-05-2004, 02:17 PM
solo riders will be assigned teams.... says so on the flyer, so no ironman riders.

ultimate2girl
03-05-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
I think blaster #10.

I think you know me, we have gotten stuck together a couple times:o

I might be there with a 3 man team in the am class. Solo-ing it has also crossed my mind:huh

yup thats me !
whats your # and what do you ride ?

ultimate2girl
03-05-2004, 06:10 PM
i have a question about the race...
does anyone know how old you have to be to ride it ?
just wondering

AndreS
03-05-2004, 07:03 PM
no minimum age is mentioned, they assume all riders will be capable of riding a full size quad safely... no minis (90's or 50's.) anyone under 18 must have parents consent forms filled out.

ultimate2girl
03-05-2004, 07:09 PM
ok thank you !!!

airheadedduner
03-05-2004, 09:36 PM
solo riders will be assigned teams.... says so on the flyer, so no ironman riders.
LOL I wasn't that serious about it anyway. I don't even know if I am going yet. My only issue is my 2 possible teammates are under 18 and their parents can't go. Do you know if I can get an entry form ahead of time for thier parents to fill out? One is 17 the other is 16(my brother).

yup thats me !
whats your # and what do you ride ?
Red 440ex

ultimate2girl
03-05-2004, 09:43 PM
o ok i know who you are ! :devil:

JOEX
03-05-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by chad400ex
My club should have a couple of teams racing. Joex and I will be there representing the "old farts" :p
:o :cool: :D

dirtmomma
03-05-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
LOL I wasn't that serious about it anyway. I don't even know if I am going yet. My only issue is my 2 possible teammates are under 18 and their parents can't go. Do you know if I can get an entry form ahead of time for thier parents to fill out? One is 17 the other is 16(my brother).

Red 440ex

Maybe you can get a release form online for thier parents to sign, are you over 18??? If so maybe you can also be thier guardian??????? You might want to go to the website & check into it!!

AndreS
03-06-2004, 11:01 AM
you need to call the track about the parental consent issue. i know nothing abou it really.

AndreS
03-15-2004, 03:01 PM
OK who's going to be there for practice this weekend? (20th-21st)
i plan to be there, i should be arriving saturday around noon-ish. i'll be camping at the track.... white ford bronco, blue gasgas #57-T

dirtmomma
03-15-2004, 03:29 PM
Hey Andre whats it cost to run the practice & what are the times if any??? Might have to scoot down there, how long does it take to get there?? Thanks ;)

deepcj7
03-15-2004, 11:17 PM
For you dirtmomma, around 6 hours maybe more if your pulling a camper. I'll be there, love that place.

AndreS
03-16-2004, 01:36 AM
from the everett area probly 4.5 hours drive. it's about 1 hour south of yakima(~65 miles?) on hwy 97
mapquest estimate is 4hrs 7 min, 234.08 miles
the track is 5 miles south of town. does anyone need directions??

camping is free at the track, practice fee is $20/day per rider.
i believe that the track will be just MX in the morning & GP in the afternoon... i'll call them in the morning & post here.

practice is both saturday & sunday, if it follows what they did at the GP races i attended in september they run one direction on the track saturday & the other direction on sunday... the track is made to run both ways.

dirtmomma
03-16-2004, 07:47 AM
WEll thanks for the info unfortunetly Ron has to work this weekend :( so I guess we won't be making it down there darn it!! You guys have fun :)

AndreS
03-16-2004, 01:20 PM
for anyone in the puget sound area, the washington ATV club is having a meeting this thursday, 6:30 PM @ RMC in Renton...

also, if anyone makes it to goldendale this weekend, i'll have my DB meter & tach if you want an unofficial sound check.

JTRtrx250r
03-16-2004, 01:26 PM
I wont be there either, $$ is just too tight for us and my pussbag buddy dogged me anyway:rolleyes: hes just a SALLY!

Be safe and have fun!! maybe next time

AndreS
03-16-2004, 02:27 PM
i just got off the phone with scott at over the bars gang... (goldendale.) mx practice is all day, but the GP course will not open until noon. this is to help keep the neighbors happy... keep the noise confined some until noon.

- the sound check is real, they place a sticker on your muffler if you pass that is good for the rest of the year.

- i also talked about the team race, he's considering offering an ironman class if anyone is into pain.

QuadJunkies
03-17-2004, 12:55 AM
Have fun Guys and Gals and hope you all pass those Sound checks!:macho Go kick butt and BE SAFE!!!!! Wish I could join you all, I REALLY wanted to come....:( Have someone take lots of pics!

airheadedduner
03-17-2004, 01:11 PM

- i also talked about the team race, he's considering offering an ironman class if anyone is into pain.

I laugh at pain...............hahahahahahahahahaha:p

Now if I can get this damn motor together in time:cuss:

dirtnut99
03-26-2007, 10:22 PM
So I am going to resurrect this one.. The 4hr team races was this past sunday.. My first time at Eddieville! It was alot of fun, very well setup and maintained track I might add.. My team of 4 raced the beginner class, we did all right.. Averaging 16-18 min/lap... I raced my 400ex, cousin on his Banshee, a friend on his Banshee, and a co-worker on his yfz450.. We all definately had a blast and are very wore out and sore today, hahaha I'll post a few pics that we got..

dirtnut99
03-26-2007, 10:35 PM
well I cant get them to load.. so ill try again later..

JOEX
03-27-2007, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by dirtnut99
So I am going to resurrect this one.. The 4hr team races was this past sunday.. My first time at Eddieville! It was alot of fun, very well setup and maintained track I might add.. My team of 4 raced the beginner class, we did all right.. Averaging 16-18 min/lap... I raced my 400ex, cousin on his Banshee, a friend on his Banshee, and a co-worker on his yfz450.. We all definately had a blast and are very wore out and sore today, hahaha I'll post a few pics that we got..
I remember this.... I was there......................... three years ago:cool:

It was a blast and the track was great for us rookies:p

dirtnut99
03-29-2007, 10:11 PM
I raced in the NW Arenacross Nationals for a season and a half on my KX125 & KX250, so I had been around the racing scene a bit before this.. But this was by far the best track I had ever been on.. We are already talking about going again next year..