PDA

View Full Version : Any tips on how to strengthen a wrist that was cracked?

BLURR250X
02-27-2002, 04:55 PM
Last racing season I cracked a bone between my hand and my wrist. It never really heeled 100% and when I bend it back as far as I can it pinches a little.I was just wondering if anyone had this happen to them before or knew any ways to help strengthen it to keep it from cracking again.

Tommy 17
02-27-2002, 07:05 PM
dude i have the same problems in my wrists i have broke both wrists now and my leg hurts all the time... i really never did find a cure but i do baby my wrists alot... id unno what to tell u i never found a cure...

Canidule250r
02-27-2002, 08:11 PM
same here....my right leg, right wrist, lower back and upper back always hurt.....im only 16 and i feel like someone over 60.....and im joining the army next fall hehe......

400exRacerX
02-27-2002, 08:29 PM
I just suck it up, and ride harder. go to this link and see what one side of my arm looks like, http://www.angelfire.com/mac/trx400ex/pics.html

02-28-2002, 10:13 AM
go to the local store and find a wrist brace that you can wrap around your wrist while riding,,I had to do this last year and it really really helped..kinda like an ace bandage,,but made just for your wrist..

fourwhls
02-28-2002, 12:23 PM
I did a very similar thing the last mx race of last season. I broke my left wrist in 5 different places. I had surgery and was put back together using a external fixiator.
Anyways, last weekend was my first time back on the mx track. It was rough. I bought a set of wrist braces from EVS. They seem to help out a lot. They gave support without inhibiting my ability to hold on.

Keep working your wrist out as much as possible.

SGA
02-28-2002, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Rico
go to the local store and find a wrist brace that you can wrap around your wrist while riding,,I had to do this last year and it really really helped..kinda like an ace bandage,,but made just for your wrist..

Thats what I do also since I hurt my wrist, it helps alot:o

03-01-2002, 12:17 AM
i got the to end all wrist strengthening work out. get a broom stick or other round like object. Drill a hole threw it in the middle and run one end of a 2 foot to 3 foot rope threw it. tie a knot in the rope ran threw the stick to keep it there. now take some weights or a kinda heavy object and attach it to the other end of the rope. now with both hands on the broomstick twist the stick till its all wound up. keep doing this and adding more weights. i hope you understand what i'm saying...(EDITED) i'm good..we had better send this one to the best of section.

BLURR250X
03-01-2002, 04:53 AM
Hey fourwhls does EVS have a website or a magazine and how much does a wrist brace cost?

DiceMan400
03-01-2002, 05:57 AM
Just start wackin off more........ Sorry guys it was just too easy..... LOL....... Buy a brace like Rico said........ You can also lift some weight.......... Do over the bar curls....... Dont use alot of weight..... Do what is comfy for you...... 400EXRACERX...... I like the paint job on the frame.... Looks sweet bro........ The scar is pretty cool too.......:D

Dave400ex
03-01-2002, 10:14 PM
I Cracked my Wrist too. I do Power Cleans. I don`t know if anybody has any Idea what those are, but my Wrist never hurts anymore.

BLURR250X
03-02-2002, 06:25 AM
Warrior man,

Can you explain what a power clean is?

James70214
03-03-2002, 10:58 AM
Powercleans are when you have a benching bar on the ground. Put your weights on it.Bend down and grab the bar. Pick it up. Your arms will be facing towards the floor. Then you have to flip the bar up with your wrists so your arms are toward the ceiling. It is kinda hard to explain.

Dave400ex
03-03-2002, 11:02 AM
Yeah it is really hard to Explain. It took me a while to get good at it. Right now I can do 215.

03-03-2002, 11:11 AM
215..thats all..joking.... i can do well..around 300 if not more

trx400ex
03-03-2002, 11:48 AM
yea man i do 500 with one hand:D :D :D lol

iceman2488x
03-03-2002, 12:49 PM
hey i cracked a wrist too ,both of em and they hurt and pop but i used a wrist brace and they feel somewhat better now and my knees hurt too so im gettin knee braces.IM 14 AND FEEL LIKE AN OLD $#@%!

Dave400ex
03-03-2002, 01:03 PM
I`m only 14. 215 is a lot for a 14 year old. My Wrists never hurt anymore.

rossano
03-11-2002, 03:56 PM
ok- here's the deal. sports like ATVing beat wrists pretty badly. the bottom line is this: the tension that all of the muscles keep on the tendons passing through the wrist joint is what helps keep the joint STABLE. remember this word, cuz it is very important. joint stability is the ultimate goal. when there is good tension of muscle/tendon/ligaments passing through/around a joint, the surfaces of bones will fit against each other correctly and you will have normal function. problems begin to happen as a joint becomes LESS STABLE. you LOSE joint stability as muscles become FATIGUED and now the joint "loosens". tissues will strain and tear etc....
so, when doing any kind of STABILIZATION exercise, the goal is a weight that will allow you to do HIGH REPS to build ENDURANCE. we're talkin' 15-30 reps, maybe more depending on the person. as these muscles become more endurant, they can keep a joint FUNCTIONING PROPERLY for a much longer time.

now, keep in mind that this doesn't begin and end with the wrist. the ELBOW AND SHOULDER joints must also be ready to handle the abuse that ATVing has to offer. all of these joints work together and rely on each other's stability.

wrist flexion/extension exercises are good. make sure you do HAMMER CURLS also to strengthen the brachioradialis muscle. this muscle sends a tendon across the wrist joint complex and lends stability to it.

superraptor
03-15-2002, 01:01 PM
last summer i bought a full MX 400ex to start racing. i was out a a buddys MX track (at his house, must be nice) and i managed to crack both my wrist. first time was the left one and i spent $3000 and 3.5 months in a cast. i still rode some though. left wrist feels fine now, unless i ride real hard. then i broke my right wrist. i went to the doctor he told me the same thing about my left wrist, and being a stupid 21 year old i never went back to the doctor. i hurts anytime i do anything strenuos. i have heard some of the pros use wrist braces made specificly for ATVing and dirt bike riding. i have yet to find them, but a good wrist brace from a drug store should work fine. the bad part is i had to sell my quad to pay my dad back for the doctor bills. was going to buy a 250r and build it, but they are trying to phase them out of racing now. i dont know, maybe i will go with a Houser cr450 resleeved to 439 or a YZF426. i have not decided yet. i might just build a camaro and start street racing again. threr is more money in it any way.:devil