PDA

View Full Version : Finishing the discussion

Barely legal
02-11-2004, 05:14 PM
Quote from bigthumper33

how would adjusting the exhaust cam cause it to run lean? I'm just curious, considering it will be inhaling the same amount of air and fuel, you didn't mess with the intake...

BL
You are NOT inhaling the same amount of air. You have changed the cam profile, decreased the LSA, increased overlap and scavaging. That makes the motor run a lot different and requires more air and fuel. You need to rejet. I'll refine the explanation after dinner, if the thread is still open.

I'm only trying yto increase your understanding of the motor so apply it to something else if you can't stand the YFZ.

BigThumper33
02-11-2004, 05:23 PM
I can stand the yfz just fine. Its a great quad, I just can't stand these posers.

lil thumper eh? yeah okay. Anyway, i'm not at all surpised by a yfz beating a banshee, but when the guy says he waited for the 450R to hit the throttle, that sounds to me like he was slow off the line. Then to say he beat a drag banshee.
I don't consider a slightly modified banshee a drag shee. So when I see "drag shee" I'm thinking something serious, so stop with all the sarcasm.

I just think its hilarious how touchy you yfz guys start getting, and this isn't even your website. I'm not saying your not welcome, but don't come on here spouting off at the mouth like you own the place. I sure as heck don't.

I never made a crack at your bike, your make fun of your handle. If I wanted to talk crap I could just say my little 125 is making more horsepower than your "big bad" 450 was stock. Not so bad ***** anymore eh?

Back to the subject. How much unburnt fuel exits the exhaust ports, and is then scavaged back into the cylinder? I thought 4 strokes burnt more throughly, and that scavaging wouldn't bring in anything but exhaust gases... Explain more.

JWhite
02-11-2004, 05:26 PM
This Barely guy is pretty close to getting the boot anyways. Just ignore him.

CUZ'n
02-11-2004, 05:28 PM
i lik dem barly legle gurls:devil: u gots any pikturs:confused:

rtyfz450
02-11-2004, 05:31 PM
ok sorry I said drag banshee. talk about touchy it seems if you say that a 370 long rod, ported, with t6s and larger carbs, and cool head isn't a modded banshee then I was mistaken in calling it a "drag" banshee. How about I call it a "modded" banshee. sorry I did explain better. It is no reason to call me a poser. I will race you anytime and I can back myself up. I did start a stream of bashing or attack you. anyway the whole point was not about the banshee but about the performance of the 450 which I didn't slam either so just calm down and stop saying Give me a break.