PDA

View Full Version : Everyone Come Together!!

jdwxv3
02-11-2004, 08:03 AM
I would like to encourage everyone interested. To go to www.speedtv.com and let them know we would like to see more ATV/Motorcycle programming on there station! Let our voices be heard. I am going to several atv and motor cycle forums to spread the word! We deserve to watch our sport!!

Later,
Josh W.

jdwxv3
02-11-2004, 10:08 AM
COME ON GUYS LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD. THIS IS A LARGE SITE AND WE COULD IMPACT THE DECISION GREATLY!!!!!SPREAD THE WORD!!!

02-11-2004, 10:44 AM
Great thread but myself and like 2 or 3 others have started threads in the past that link to the speedchannel page so that we could all post how great of a job they are doing with TV coverage...:cool:

jdwxv3
02-11-2004, 10:55 AM
If you guys think they are doing a great job then fine dont write in be satisfied With a couple hours of coverage a year. THAT is pathtic in my opinion. You see some of the crap they have on there? Come on they can do better than that! I belive we deserve a set time every week for an hour or so. Now it is so shoty you do not know when atv/dirtbikes will be on. If you do not want to help fine. Belive me I have plenty of others on other sites willing to petition with me. I just want them to know that this is a large market that is under served.

I wish someone would do an economic impact study on how much ATV and Dirtbike riders spend to do the sport they love. I know I spend a couple hundred every week I go to a race. I can not imagine how much the pros spend going across country to race. I think it is ridiculous ESPN 2 can telivise the national spelling bee and not a segment aobut quads or dirt bikes!:huh :grr: :mad: :eek2:

Later,
Josh

Ryan
02-11-2004, 10:57 AM
I've done this already back when they started airing the GNCC's on SPDTV.

Its good idea, for those who haven't done it, yet.

jdwxv3
02-11-2004, 11:00 AM
Well Ryan. Lets do it agian. Make em get sick of us! I wanna see racing! We have the numbers to have it done by this time next year! Just drop them a line let em know we are still here!

02-11-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by jdwxv3
If you guys think they are doing a great job then fine dont write in be satisfied With a couple hours of coverage a year. THAT is pathtic in my opinion. You see some of the crap they have on there? Come on they can do better than that! I belive we deserve a set time every week for an hour or so. Now it is so shoty you do not know when atv/dirtbikes will be on. If you do not want to help fine. Belive me I have plenty of others on other sites willing to petition with me. I just want them to know that this is a large market that is under served.

I wish someone would do an economic impact study on how much ATV and Dirtbike riders spend to do the sport they love. I know I spend a couple hundred every week I go to a race. I can not imagine how much the pros spend going across country to race. I think it is ridiculous ESPN 2 can telivise the national spelling bee and not a segment aobut quads or dirt bikes!:huh :grr: :mad: :eek2:

Later,
Josh

:huh :huh

Ummmmm,, as stated before in my post, WE"VE ALREADY HAD SEVERAL POST THAT LINKED TO THE SPEEDCHANNEL SITE AND WE ALL LEFT MESSAGES AND TOLD THEM HOW WE FEEL. My point is we've already done what you want us to do Comprede:confused:

jdwxv3
02-11-2004, 11:22 AM
WELL DO IT AGAIN!!! APPARENLTY IT DID NOT WORK!!! YOU SAID IN YOUR POST YOU WERE HAPPY WITH WHAT THEY DID AND YOU TOLD THEM THAT!! I AM NOT HAPPY WITH THE PROGRAMMING CHOICES!! SO IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BE PROACTIVE TO GET THE PROBEM SOLVED DON'T BE. I DO NOT CARE THERE ARE PLEANTY OF OTHERS WHO FEEL LIKE I DO!

Later,
Josh

jdwxv3
02-11-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Great thread but myself and like 2 or 3 others have started threads in the past that link to the speedchannel page so that we could all post how great of a job they are doing with TV coverage...:cool:

I do not think they are doing a very good job.

MOFO
02-11-2004, 11:25 AM
I do not think they are doing a very good job.

Do you not understand that we would only tell them they are doing a good job when they are doing ATV coverage!?!?!

BTW, lay off the crack pipe and take a few deep breaths!

02-11-2004, 11:26 AM
Well the attitude your coming across in, I wouldn't do a dam thing for ya.:cool:

I'm guessing you never seen the piss poor job OLN did for atv coverage. What the speedchannel has done is far better.

cdalejef
02-11-2004, 11:28 AM
WELL DO IT AGAIN!!! APPARENLTY IT DID NOT WORK!!! YOU SAID IN YOUR POST YOU WERE HAPPY WITH WHAT THEY DID AND YOU TOLD THEM THAT!! I AM NOT HAPPY WITH THE PROGRAMMING CHOICES!! SO IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BE PROACTIVE TO GET THE PROBEM SOLVED DON'T BE. I DO NOT CARE THERE ARE PLEANTY OF OTHERS WHO FEEL LIKE I DO!

Later,
Josh Stop yelling! Lots of people sent in comments on how good the GNCC coverage is!

jdwxv3
02-11-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
Do you not understand that we would only tell them they are doing a good job when they are doing ATV coverage!?!?!

BTW, lay off the crack pipe and take a few deep breaths!

:huh Whatever. All I ask for is for one hour a week at a set time. How hard would that be to get? I see this is a lost cause in this fourm because a apparenlty the buddy system is in affect. One person is one way so the others agree so they do not upset the ballance. Well I think it is terrible. I figured you guys with all you see on this site would be willing to help get our sport more coverage. Go ahead take your shots at me. I know what I want and what our sport deserves and I am willing to work to get it. I have other forums who are in support and are very proactive. Go ahead and give up I will pull your weight. I have been around quads my entire life and I am now done with college and have time to address this issue so I will with or with out your support. It would be great to have you all drop speed vision a line but if it is to much trouble and you would rather waste your time and bad mouth someone willing to help the sport take the next step go ahead.

Josh Werdehausen

jdwxv3
02-11-2004, 11:36 AM
Well the attitude your coming across in, I wouldn't do a dam thing for ya.:cool:

I'm guessing you never seen the piss poor job OLN did for atv coverage. What the speedchannel has done is far better.

I did see the job OLN did. And hey it is better than nothing.

As far as my attitude goes sorry, I am kinda frustrated. By the way I do not feel like you are doing anything for me it is for our sport. I am not asking for much. Just a set time every week with some race coverage.

Later,
Josh

MOFO
02-11-2004, 11:39 AM
:huh Whatever. All I ask for is for one hour a week at a set time. How hard would that be to get? I see this is a lost cause in this fourm because a apparenlty the buddy system is in affect. One person is one way so the others agree so they do not upset the ballance. Well I think it is terrible. I figured you guys with all you see on this site would be willing to help get our sport more coverage. Go ahead take your shots at me. I know what I want and what our sport deserves and I am willing to work to get it. I have other forums who are in support and are very proactive. Go ahead and give up I will pull your weight. I have been around quads my entire life and I am now done with college and have time to address this issue so I will with or with out your support. It would be great to have you all drop speed vision a line but if it is to much trouble and you would rather waste your time and bad mouth someone willing to help the sport take the next step go ahead.

Josh Werdehausen

listen, your the one that came off like an a-hole yelling and screaming at people that are telling you that WE HAVE ALREADY BEEN DOING THIS!

This entire thread is nothing new for this board or its members.

02-11-2004, 11:40 AM
It would be great to have you all drop speed vision a line but if it is to much trouble and you would rather waste your time and bad mouth someone willing to help the sport take the next step go ahead.

Josh Werdehausen

For the love of Pete, we already have dropped them a line. I'm all for it dude, yes we all want 1 hour of ATV racing a week but I dont' see it happening anytime soon. Hell your lucky to get 1 hour of dirt bike supercross or motorcross a week and they pull hundreds of millions of dollers in advertising so don't expect 1 hour of ATV racing per week anytime soon. What your doing is a great thing, and were behind you 100% but your wanting to reinvent the wheel in 1 day and it's not gonna happen.

Are you understanding me???? Did I explain that here at exriders.com we have started several threads that point to the exact spot you did on speedchannel page. We all went out and said whether we liked it or disliked it. Basically we gave our imput to them and some of us a few times. So now please don't say, we need to quit sitting around and doing nothing when we already friggen have.

I can type in french if you can understand it better:confused:

PS.. Believe me I do a lot for this sport, so I dont' feel as though I've done nothing..:cool:

MOFO
02-11-2004, 11:44 AM

I can type in french if you can understand it better:confused:

ask and ye shall receive...

Pour l'amour de Peter, nous les avons déjà laissés tomber une ligne. Je suis tout pour lui type, oui nous que tout veut 1 heure d'ATV emballant une semaine mais je 'ne le vois pas se produire n'importe quand bientôt. L'enfer votre chanceux pour obtenir 1 heure de supercross ou de motorcross de vélo de saleté par semaine et eux tirent des centaines de millions de dollers dans la publicité ainsi ne s'attendent pas à 1 heure d'ATV emballant par semaine n'importe quand bientôt. Ce que votre faire est une grande chose, et était derrière vous 100% mais votre vouloir réinventer la roue dans 1 jour et lui ne va pas se produire.

Me comprenez-vous ? ? ? ? J'ai expliqué qu'ici à exriders.com nous avons commencé plusieurs fils que point à la tache exacte que vous avez faite à la page de speedchannel. Nous tous sommes sortis et avons dit si nous l'avons aimée ou l'avons détesté. Fondamentalement nous avons donné notre imput leur et à certains d'entre nous plusieurs fois. Veuillez tellement maintenant ne disent pas, nous devons stopper se reposer autour et ne faire rien quand nous déjà friggen avons.

cdalejef
02-11-2004, 12:27 PM
:eek:

jdwxv3
02-11-2004, 12:31 PM
Well what do you think we can do to get an hour a week at a set time? I mean some of the things on speedvision are a joke. I think they would see lots of people watching if most quad and dirtbike guys new when something was going to be on the air. Help me out if you can. I think this is an issue that can be revisited. We have the numbers to get something changed. The reason I came off like an a hole is because ricco was being rude and I did not reveiw my post and did not know how it sounded. I do not know why we are arguing about this. Will you all write in agian or not? I have already and plan on doing it tommorow.

Later,
Josh

Taco
02-11-2004, 12:33 PM
Well what do you think we can do to get an hour a week at a set time? I mean some of the things on speedvision are a joke. I think they would see lots of people watching if most quad and dirtbike guys new when something was going to be on the air. Help me out if you can. I think this is an issue that can be revisited. We have the numbers to get something changed. The reason I came off like an a hole is because ricco was being rude and I did not reveiw my post and did not know how it sounded. I do not know why we are arguing about this. Will you all write in agian or not? I have already and plan on doing it tommorow.

Later,
Josh
Will you shut up if we do????

jdwxv3
02-11-2004, 12:34 PM
I know it will not be a quick fix. I would say it would take a year or so. I belive we have to be persistant and not let them breath. Nice french to! Sorry no comprehenda. Anyway good luck racing this year and so long

jdwxv3
02-11-2004, 12:36 PM
Well this thread is totally worthless. Thanks taco for your great helpful comment.:rolleyes:

MOFO
02-11-2004, 12:45 PM
Taco, try this approach next time.

¿Usted cerrará para arriba si ????

jdwxv3
02-11-2004, 12:50 PM
Well since it seems as if no one thinks we can get any changes done at speed vision. I guess I can try to better my self in racing. So Jeff is the Quad Shop looking for any represnatives in the B class of the Missouri Hare Scramble Series?

Later,
Josh

02-11-2004, 12:52 PM
Here's what I suggest. Find a company that is willing to dish out major bucks to advertise while the atv coverage is going on and you have a winner. Having 300 bazillion people calling in will do nothing. Helping Speedchannel make money is how you get better Airtime. You think nascar coverage on that channel is so good because 300 bazillion people called or emailed the speedchannel and said, "we want more nascar". Hell no, all the money in nascar and it's huge advertising dollers helped put them on speedchannel everyday, everyweek, every month. If you don't know ATV racing makes no money and has a hard time getting on TV period, much less 1 time a week year round. Find the money to offer speedchannel and they'll put atv racing on every friggen 3 hours..;)

Taco
02-11-2004, 12:54 PM
Well this thread is totally worthless. Thanks taco for your great helpful comment.:rolleyes: I'm sorry:( K Group Hug time:blah:

jdwxv3
02-11-2004, 01:03 PM
I understand all that rico. I belive it all starts with a strong following. If we show we want to watch it, I figured speed vision would be able to understand the demand. They then could begin the process of finding willing advertisers. Do you think the national spelling bee on espn2 was a big revenue maker? I doubt it. We need to find a subsidized tv station to get us coverage even if the quality sucks. I just want to watch some action. I am not picky. I need it bad during the winter because I can not ride as much:(

jdwxv3
02-11-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Taco
I'm sorry:( K Group Hug time:blah:

Well taco no big deal. Hug accepted;))) From what I understand this is a pointless battle. I will just not worry about it maybe someday racing will be on the air maybe it won't. Little old me will not change it. So I will focus on my mini racing carrer. Do good this year and get a sponser tape my races and watch them.

monkeyboy
02-11-2004, 01:08 PM
I understand all that rico. I belive it all starts with a strong following. If we show we want to watch it, I figured speed vision would be able to understand the demand. They then could begin the process of finding willing advertisers. Do you think the national spelling bee on espn2 was a big revenue maker? I doubt it. We need to find a subsidized tv station to get us coverage even if the quality sucks. I just want to watch some action. I am not picky. I need it bad during the winter because I can not ride as much:(

http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/pics-stfu.gif

wee neeeds 2 c racin pikturs:mad:

jdwxv3
02-11-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by monkeyboy
http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/pics-stfu.gif

wee neeeds 2 c racin pikturs:mad:

:huh What? U want pics of me? Naked?:D

MOFO
02-11-2004, 01:40 PM
:huh What? U want pics of me? Naked?:D

uh oh... looks like you got yourself a new friend. :blah:

cdalejef
02-11-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
uh oh... looks like you got yourself a new friend. :blah: Poor fella

jdwxv3
02-11-2004, 03:09 PM
Where do U all find thes things. Like spand the monkey and s***? Jeff do you have anything to do with burgardcycles? I need some beadlocks soon.

cdalejef
02-11-2004, 07:45 PM
Where do U all find thes things. Like spand the monkey and s***? Jeff do you have anything to do with burgardcycles? I need some beadlocks soon. Yep, they make great products!

popo
02-12-2004, 01:59 AM
I was wondering if everybody would join me in sending R/P emails asking them to clean all the mud off the track before we race. I get stuck all the time. Also we need some rest area's and they should have a pit area competetion, who has the pretty flowers and landscaping and stuff.

I know STFU.

jdwxv3
02-12-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by popo
I was wondering if everybody would join me in sending R/P emails asking them to clean all the mud off the track before we race. I get stuck all the time. Also we need some rest area's and they should have a pit area competetion, who has the pretty flowers and landscaping and stuff.

I know STFU.

You sound like an idiot. Way to help the sprt grow! Stupid FU*K

MOFO
02-12-2004, 09:28 AM

your gonna make your stay here very short I see...

If you need this spelled out, there was a little thing called sarcasm in his post.

Popo, I guess all the idiots are out to get ya... :devil:

Doibugu2
02-12-2004, 09:29 AM

I hope you keep up this attitude. Because you will grow far in the real world.

Wake up, the guys you are arguing with are the ones that help this site and the sport.

What gets played on TV is based on ratings and money. Will you agree that motorcycle racing is far bigger than ATV racing. Supercross is racing in huge stadiums. I think GNCC is the biggest and they don't get anywhere near the people that those stadiums pack.

Also, who do you see in the parking lot of the motorcycle races? Honda trucks, Yamaha, Kawi, Suzuki and more. Who is at the GNCC's? Only a couple of manufacturors.

We can send them 50 million emails, and they still aren't going to give us any more time, because the money isn't there to justify it.

Please get off your soap box now, and quit making a fool of yourself.

02-12-2004, 10:38 AM

http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/rotz.gif

http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/wedgy.gif

jdwxv3
02-12-2004, 02:41 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Doibugu2
[B]I hope you keep up this attitude. Because you will grow far in the real world.

Wake up, the guys you are arguing with are the ones that help this site and the sport.

What gets played on TV is based on ratings and money. Will you agree that motorcycle racing is far bigger than ATV racing. Supercross is racing in huge stadiums. I think GNCC is the biggest and they don't get anywhere near the people that those stadiums pack.

Also, who do you see in the parking lot of the motorcycle races? Honda trucks, Yamaha, Kawi, Suzuki and more. Who is at the GNCC's? Only a couple of manufacturors.

We can send them 50 million emails, and they still aren't going to give us any more time, because the money isn't there to justify it.

Well TV can sell advertising. Companies can sell parts due to advertising. Do you have any idea how "ratings" get made. I do I had an entire class on it. The TV stations have no idea how many people watch there show. They do surveys and send little compact machines with around 10,000 people and what the people watch gets the ratings. So you don't know what you are talking about.

As far as someone telling me how far I will get with this attitude. How would you know. You do not even know me. I am a likeable person. I have had success in every fourum but this one. All the others helped. This site is full of a bunch of buddy's and no one would ever be on my side becasue they do not want to upset the buddy balance.

I am just trying to do what little old me can do for the sport I love and I get patronized and made fun of. I just don't get you all. I am sure some super smart guy is going to tell me to STFU AGAIN. Obviously you guys do not wanna get the sport on the air with your negative attitudes. It is not everyone on here replying just a couple. But before you can say it to me and before you respond with some idiotic smart ***** comment STFU! Well peace out guys I know this is a losing battle for me but now I am starting to have fun with most of you. Helps a day at work go by faster.

jdwxv3
02-12-2004, 02:47 PM
About the Money again. I think if enough people show intrest they will see the potential advertising dollars. It would not take long to pay for an hour a week on speed vision GEEZ. I mean comon it is Speed Vision not CBS.:eek2:

jdwxv3
02-12-2004, 02:50 PM
Well since this is not goin no where. What shocks should I get? TCS or ELKA?

1rancher
02-12-2004, 03:08 PM
I know I dont post much, I usually just read but this is FUNNY. His post count is 25 and they are all yelling about talking nice to speed channel just seems funny to me

popo
02-12-2004, 03:41 PM

I think you should try to make me shutup.!!!! It was a joke to enlighten your Bull chit post idiot!

As stated people are for your idea, but have already sent emails.

03GNCC270
02-12-2004, 04:29 PM
IT IS HARD TO GET THE MONEY FROM THE FACTORIES WHEN THEY SOAK EVERY DIME THEY HAVE IN THERE BUDGET INTO THE SUPERCROSS AND OUTDOOR NATIONALS. HELL WE ONLY HAVE ONE OR TWO FACTORY RIDERS AND NONE OF THEM GET MONEY FOR RACING JUST PRODUCT.

jdwxv3
02-14-2004, 12:26 AM
Yea we get crapped on. Kinda sucks. But I guess it is ok I will get used to it. According to all of you all we will never get on tv even though ESPN 2 played the National Spelling bee:eek2: :confused: :eek: :grr: (Bet that sold some advertising:rolleyes: ) Anyway I may have a quad found have my fingers crossed it is race ready minus beadlocks and some tires. It has TCS aps shocks, houser anti vibe stem, durablue axle, ct exaust, tag fat bars, denton stabilazer, skids, nerfs, PRM summit bumper and I think that is it. Can not wait. I will try to get pics up on here soon. Later, All and PEACE:cool:

02-16-2004, 02:35 PM
ATV's have a history of lawsuits and being publicly bashed on 60 minutes, etc, etc, etc. That is a LARGE part of no coverage. Do more homework and you'll understand why we can't get what we want.;)

jdwxv3
02-16-2004, 04:01 PM
Rico,
I know ATV"s have got bad press. What extreme sport hasnt? Bad press is not a good excuse so what are you talking about? Do my homework? I don't get your point there man? Ever heard the saying no press is bad press?