PDA

View Full Version : if you haven't done it yet....

mikeman828
02-11-2004, 04:50 AM
Just wanted to make a recommendation to anyone who hasn't greased up their swingarm pivot bolt, it might be worth spending 1/2 hour or so to do it.....

I have a 2002 400ex, which had been bought in june of 02. I bought it last June from the original owner.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is my machine is fairly new and the swingarm bolt was already showing signs of corrosion/rust when I pulled it out yesterday. It takes only a few minutes to take it out and clean/regrease it.... and you can do it w/o taking the whole rear end apart!!!

Just wanted to give a heads up about this.....

:D

TravEX
02-11-2004, 03:13 PM
thanks for the reminder, i really need to do mine.

cals400ex
02-11-2004, 08:00 PM
most people wait until it is too late. i actually haven't done this yet in my bike. i may make that one of my projects in the future when it warms up a bit outside. i think it needs to be done the day you get it home from the factory. i hear they don't use much lube on it from the get go.

redroost85
02-11-2004, 08:16 PM
Dang it! I wish I wouldn't keep seeing posts about this.........'cause I really need to do this to mine. Yes, I know I am procrastinating like a jack0ff!

Thanks for the reminder though...it might actually get done to mine this weeekend.:D