PDA

View Full Version : Case Saver question?

Rickyrebar
02-10-2004, 08:42 PM
Recently purchased an aftermarket case save & installed it.
My question is, should the... sprocket gaurd go back on over the aftermarket case saver?
I realize it does not have to, but in the event of the chain coming loose or breaking, will the absence of the sprocket gaurd leave room for more damage than if it were installed?

P.S. Thank you to all that respond to my "newbie" questions. They may sound silly to some, but your answers have helped me alot!!

Pappy
02-10-2004, 08:44 PM
i usually dont re install the factory gaurd. it is pretty much useless after an aftermarket case saver is installed , and without you can clean that area much better

chevy71
02-11-2004, 07:28 AM
Rickyrebar,

I installed a ProDesign case saver on my 400. I wear jeans when I ride, and I felt uncomfortable with the sprocket being exposed. If something did happen my jeans could get caught in the sprocket, so I rigged the stock case saver to fit on the ProDesign saver. It looks ok, but I do feel 100 times safer riding in case the chain broke or I moved my pant leg to close to the sprocket.

My 2 cents.

James

bmw500hp
02-11-2004, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by chevy71
Rickyrebar,

I installed a ProDesign case saver on my 400. I wear jeans when I ride, and I felt uncomfortable with the sprocket being exposed. If something did happen my jeans could get caught in the sprocket, so I rigged the stock case saver to fit on the ProDesign saver. It looks ok, but I do feel 100 times safer riding in case the chain broke or I moved my pant leg to close to the sprocket.

And all this time, I was blaming the Dog..:macho