PDA

View Full Version : Handguards, how do they attach?

Ty's400
02-10-2004, 06:56 PM
Hi I was wondering how the Powermadd or Acerbis new mx style handguards attach. Do they attach to the levers on the handlebar or what? I've seen that for most it says that you need to buy a mounting kit, but the are all for standard bars. What do you people use that have the 1-1/8 bars (Tag T2s)? Thanks for the help!

crap-banshee32
02-10-2004, 08:21 PM
usually they mount 2 your bars, b4 the brake lever/clutch, and then also go into the end of your bars.

INFANTRY RACING
02-10-2004, 08:25 PM
some attach to the clutch perch and brake master

416rider
02-10-2004, 08:35 PM
:devil: The powermadd are real easy. On the left side they attach on the handle bars next to the controls & lights. On the rightside they attach between the brake bracket and the thumb throttle but on honda you have to cut of part of a little notch that separates the brake from getting to close to the thumb throttle, it was put there so honda does not have to do much work to make it even. It's easy. The instructions are very easy to read. They also have many settings for how you want them like out far or close in or close to your hand or far away from your hand, because they are universal brackets they will fit on any kind of handle bars. Look at mine.

http://www.atv****ers.com/Viewers%20Pictures/Mike%20Fitzgerald/mikes%20016.jpg

Fill in stars!:devil: :devil: :devil: