PDA

View Full Version : rear shock trouble

4StrokinJay
02-10-2004, 05:44 PM
I need some serious help I think. The upper bushing on my rear shock is bad and needs replaced however Suzuki does not offer this nor does any other company at this point. They tell me I need to buy a new shock(retail at $815) rather then just replace the bushing which I've already pressed out. Can I be the only person with this problem?

Bill Fuller
02-10-2004, 05:54 PM
The Suzuki has been out to long for someone not to offer a replacement bushing.And for that matter for $800 you can buy a nice after market shock.I am SURE that one of our fellow EX riders brothers and sisters can help you out.

Bill Fuller
02-10-2004, 05:55 PM
Oh by the way welcome to the site

4StrokinJay
02-10-2004, 06:52 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bill Fuller
The Suzuki has been out to long for someone not to offer a replacement bushing.And for that matter for $800 you can buy a nice after market shock.I am SURE that one of our fellow EX riders brothers and sisters can help you out. [/QUO

If this shock wasn't already rebuilt, I would dive on an Elka rear w/ linkage. So I'm tryin to save some cash with this bushing but 2 weeks and counting and still no luck....thanks though.

INFANTRY RACING
02-10-2004, 06:55 PM
z400?

miken
02-11-2004, 12:27 PM
Probably not the best advise to give, but I welded 2 hardened washers (one each side) all around. I never noticed a difference that the bushing was gone and it was a somewhat hard connection. I greased it well and checked the attaching bolt frequently for excessive wear, there never was any. This was on a polaris and the hollow spacer (bushing tube?, whatever) extended a bit more than the added thickness of the washers. The washers inside diameters fit snug around the bushing tube. Anyway it was a junk wheeler and it got me by, wouldn't do it to my 300ex.
Mike -

440ex kid
02-11-2004, 04:32 PM
Would you be able to take a picture of it? By the way where do you live in Ohio? I have a little machine shop in my barn, I might be able to machine you a new one.

4StrokinJay
02-11-2004, 05:59 PM
East Palestine...but I may have come up with a solution with the help of John @ MX Tech. He's gonna try some 400 ex parts with some Ohlins parts and I might be riding this weekend. YAHOO!!

Bill Fuller
02-14-2004, 05:39 PM
Make sure you pass on the info,I'm sure someone else will have this same problem before long.