PDA

View Full Version : ATV Rider Shootout

trx11t
02-10-2004, 10:00 AM
It looks like the TRX lost another one.

"The YFZ simply turns the world on it's head with it's ready-to-race attitude"

"Raising the bar, not just matching the bar, is what makes a champion around here"

Polaris finished a distant last place.

Suzuki and it's clones all finished another distant third.

Honda was a solid second and the YFZ was a soild first. One guy out of the seven picked the Z-400 over the honda and Yami so I'm not so sure about his logic but I guess that is why we have a choice of models.

It's a good article they used Jerimiah JOnes and Bill Ballance as two of the test riders. They had some good comments about all the bikes.
They also gave teh YFZ "ATV of the year" with the TRX runner up.

shee dawg
02-10-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by trx11t

It's a good article they used Jerimiah JOnes and Bill Ballance as two of the test riders. They had some good comments about all the bikes.
They also gave teh YFZ "ATV of the year" with the TRX runner up.

Yeah but what do they know.....:macho

Wingnut
02-10-2004, 10:21 AM
But, aren't they both sponsored by Yamaha?:confused:

trx11t
02-10-2004, 10:43 AM
"But, aren't they both sponsored by Yamaha?"

That's been the rumor. Does anyone have any information from Yamaha that would back that up?

Scottie Mac
02-10-2004, 10:50 AM
Let the flood gates open!!!!!!!

I bet the YFZ was struck by lightning and that made it supper strong.

or

The TRX had throttle issues

or

there is the old stand by.... Yamaha paid more....

Scott

OutlawEX
02-10-2004, 10:59 AM
Jerimiah jones,Shane hitt,and Bill ballance are all yamaha riders. Check it out at ********.com under glen helen results

trueblue450
02-10-2004, 11:01 AM
they might be lookin for a little factory incentive??:huh

Pappy
02-10-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Scottie Mac
Let the flood gates open!!!!!!!

there is the old stand by.... Yamaha paid more....

Scott

not more...PAID period. honda wont do nothing more then they are doing except for farr and thats it.

exrider44
02-10-2004, 11:18 AM
Who cares what the magazines say. I love my trx

quadrcr161
02-10-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by exrider44
Who cares what the magazines say. I love my trx

yep me too, im sure ill out run a few and ill get out run by a few.

Hammer trx450r
02-10-2004, 02:10 PM
I wouldn't trade mine for 2 yzf450"s. I frigin love this bike!!!

greghall
02-10-2004, 02:27 PM
Ill take my info from somebody who races both ,Andy lagzdins told me testerday that the TRX has a awsome motor & is very good user freindly he loves his & as most of you guys know he has & races a awsome YFZ in GNCC #15 so I will take his word on it & not the mags He just rode his sunday & it has a HRC kit & ducan pipe he said he never rode it stock.

Honda
02-10-2004, 02:46 PM
I Love my new -R-!!!

Enough Said!

:D :p :D :p :D

ATC83
02-11-2004, 06:26 AM
I got a chance to read the ATV Sport shoot out last night. I was surprised how much they didn't like the looks. I don't think any of the magazines have liked the looks. I feel like I'm the only one that actually likes the black gas tank. I guess its going to be a bad year for Honda. I haven't riden a TRX450 yet (hope to soon) but it's not good when the lbike ooses shoot outs in three major ATV magazines. I'm confident that Honda will make some major changes to this bike in the coming years. They certanily never let ther motocross bikes fall behind. I'm glad now that I waited to buy one.

BigThumper33
02-11-2004, 11:23 AM
Thats the bad part about this sport is that almost everyone(well the noneducated people) base their opinions off what a magazine says.

I remember when the kfx700 v force came out and the mags said and I quote word for word "this quad will out accelerate, out handle, and out jump any quad on the market today" Give me a break...:eek2:

Honda
02-11-2004, 11:47 AM
Wait and see!
We will all know how Bad the Honda really sucks when most of the Championships this year are Won by Honda Riders!

The Mags? Who the hell are they anyway? Personally, I love the way the R looks and Rides!

Fo Shizzle My Nizzle, The new R is Top Dizzle! Fo Rizzle!!! LOL!

MX#9
02-11-2004, 01:43 PM
The king of all time,the 250r lost a few shootouts too! Big deal,so it loses magazine shootouts. The quad is still a winner,and so is the YFZ. You would not be at a disadvantage at the racetrack with either one. If some guy at the race track stomped me by a 1/4 lap on his YFZ, he could crawl on the 450r and do the same darn thing. Neither one of these quads would cause you to lose. You would cause you to lose. And that,my 4-wheeling friends,is a fact that can't be argued. But I'll bet it will be.

Honda
02-11-2004, 04:04 PM
MX#9

Neither one of these quads would cause you to lose. You would cause you to lose. And that,my 4-wheeling friends,is a fact that can't be argued.

I Agree!

rtyfz450
02-11-2004, 04:18 PM
come on now we all know that the rider makes no difference and the bike just wins the race by itself. don't confuse people by telling them that the rider might actually cause the bike to win or lose races and that riders have their good or bad days. :rolleyes:
If you pay attention to quad racing you would know that bikes just have test dummies on them and it is just to make people buy bikes anyway.

J-06
02-11-2004, 04:45 PM
Way to go YFZ..The amazing thing is if the TRX would have dominated like the YFZ did then the magazines must have hired a new and improved staff that is a no BS team that only says the truth.

psd1
02-11-2004, 05:22 PM
Jeez, here we go again! Please dig hole and insert head!

Guys, unless there is a conspiracy theory out there it looks like the TRX just might not be as good as the YFZ. Is that so hard to believe? I know ithat isnt easy to stomach when you spent your hard earned $ and waited so many years for, but it might just have to take a close second! for now...

Who really cares? If you are happy with it, no matter if it's blue or red who really cares?

r450rr
02-11-2004, 05:23 PM
lol ... pull your pant legs up when u stroll into this thread, cause the shlts gettin deap..lol:devil:

TRX450ROwner
02-12-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by ATC83
I feel like I'm the only one that actually likes the black gas tank.

Your not the only one that likes the black tank. I think it makes the bike.

norrisboat
02-12-2004, 07:19 PM
Im kinda worried about my purchase of my trx. After seeing the first gnc at glen helen, Tim Farr even got motored by Doug Gust going up Mount St. Helens. For all you people not familiar with Glen Helen, Mount St. Helens is a couple hundred foot hill climb. What I saw was not good. Even the Suzuki out motored Tim on his TRX.

AZblaster44
02-12-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by norrisboat
Im kinda worried about my purchase of my trx. After seeing the first gnc at glen helen, Tim Farr even got motored by Doug Gust going up Mount St. Helens. For all you people not familiar with Glen Helen, Mount St. Helens is a couple hundred foot hill climb. What I saw was not good. Even the Suzuki out motored Tim on his TRX.

Tim's 'zuki out motored EVERYTHING lol :macho

As far as the TRX vs YFZ thing goes....its personal prefference which one you like better...I haven't ridden a TRX yet but I'm sure I'll get my chance and I'm sure I'll like it. In a perfect wourld I'd have both a YFZ and a TRX but the world aint perfect by a long shot....

02-12-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by norrisboat

tim crashed and was riding with broken fingers

AZblaster44
02-12-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by BeeeRock!
tim crashed and was ridign with broken fingers

He didn't crash, He was having problems and had to stop for a few seconds...and his performance wasn't affected by his broken finger he looked really good in the first pro moto 'cept on the big hill

Ericthered rdr
02-12-2004, 08:08 PM
I would never buy a quad because someone said it was the best. I would buy what is comfortable and suits my style. face it most all people who race these things don't leave them stock so mabe what should be looked at is the potential to build the better quad, availability of aftermarket parts and a manufacture that backs there product and build there machines for reliability. When I was a kid I thought that anyone who rode anything other then a honda was a looser. If you are trying to decide which 450 to buy then try to ride each first and then make an educated desicion. These things are damn expensive. Make sure you buy the one you like not the one the guy who is working for the magazine likes.

markeg192
02-12-2004, 08:12 PM
Didn't most of the mags also name the Predator "ATV of the Year"? I think since the TRX was so late getting released and nearly all the pros are riding it the mags are thinking it will win more pro classes. By naming it shootout winner they will surely be able to say we were right.

psd1
02-12-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by markeg192
Didn't most of the mags also name the Predator "ATV of the Year"? I think since the TRX was so late getting released and nearly all the pros are riding it the mags are thinking it will win more pro classes. By naming it shootout winner they will surely be able to say we were right.

HUH? Which one are you talking about? So far all the mags I see say the YFZ is the winner?

Also, the Pred won "ATV of the year" the year it was introduced. It was the only major intro. I think that had allot to do with it. Also, it wasnt named the "sport" ATV of the year.

MOFO
02-12-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Ericthered rdr
I would never buy a quad because someone said it was the best. I would buy what is comfortable and suits my style. face it most all people who race these things don't leave them stock so mabe what should be looked at is the potential to build the better quad, availability of aftermarket parts and a manufacture that backs there product and build there machines for reliability. When I was a kid I thought that anyone who rode anything other then a honda was a looser. If you are trying to decide which 450 to buy then try to ride each first and then make an educated desicion. These things are damn expensive. Make sure you buy the one you like not the one the guy who is working for the magazine likes.

I cant agree with you more... this sums up exactly how I feel about this. Great post!!!