PDA

View Full Version : ?? i found this from another form

robjohn74
02-09-2004, 10:00 PM
We installed the HRC kit on our 450r and it's a night and day difference.....

The book that comes with the Competition kit says that it takes the motor from stock 43hp to 61hp with this kit!! You could sure feel the difference! We went from a 118 jet to currently running a 192 jet with no air box lid and a custom K&N filter. It rips.... It smokes my 2-stroke DUNER!

so does any body no if this is true??????????

oldsandman
02-09-2004, 10:11 PM
43 to 61hp would be nice but it's not true.

thomez
02-09-2004, 10:11 PM
No, it isn't true. Sorry...

robjohn74
02-09-2004, 10:29 PM
that,s what i was thinking

2004TRX450R
02-10-2004, 01:21 AM
You might want to clean your glasses and read page 1-1 again. I think what you read was

"Refer to Honda Service Manual (61HP100) for procedures no included in this manual."

That was the part number for the Honda service manual not a HP rateing.

psd1
02-10-2004, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by robjohn74
We installed the HRC kit on our 450r and it's a night and day difference.....

The book that comes with the Competition kit says that it takes the motor from stock 43hp to 61hp with this kit!! You could sure feel the difference! We went from a 118 jet to currently running a 192 jet with no air box lid and a custom K&N filter. It rips.... It smokes my 2-stroke DUNER!

so does any body no if this is true??????????

Ha Ha, that $hit is funny as hell! That falls under P.T. Barnums old saying! And if you dont know what that quote is, do some homework!

Just so you know there are some pipes being sold on Ebay that add 17.1 HP to the YFZ...so beware!!!

KILLAQuad
02-10-2004, 06:58 AM
Just so you know there are some pipes being sold on Ebay that add 17.1 HP to the YFZ...so beware!!!

Yeah and i have 10 stickers on my stock R and that is like 10 hp per right :grr: so i should have 138hp quad right... :eek2:

There is NO way to get 17.1 hp out of a pipe and with just the HRC kit there is NO way to get 61hp or even 50hp, it has to have head work done to get more air flow and high compresion and maybe run on alcohol with NOS injection.... :huh

Everybodies Dynos are diff. some will read the R at 43hp stock some at 36hp stock... some read the YFZ at 46hp stock and some read it at 34hp stock.... all those numbers are respectable and what it comes down to is how THE RIDER controls the power that he or she has on tap...:D

psd1
02-10-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by KILLAQuad
Yeah and i have 10 stickers on my stock R and that is like 10 hp per right :grr: so i should have 138hp quad right... :eek2:

There is NO way to get 17.1 hp out of a pipe and with just the HRC kit there is NO way to get 61hp or even 50hp, it has to have head work done to get more air flow and high compresion and maybe run on alcohol with NOS injection.... :huh

Everybodies Dynos are diff. some will read the R at 43hp stock some at 36hp stock... some read the YFZ at 46hp stock and some read it at 34hp stock.... all those numbers are respectable and what it comes down to is how THE RIDER controls the power that he or she has on tap...:D

Maybe I should have added one of these :rolleyes: behind that statement?:confused: :confused: so YOU could figure out that I was BS'ing....Put your hostilities away man, Damn!

NO kidding, 17.1 is too much for just a pipe???? Whatever? Get a grip!

KILLAQuad
02-10-2004, 04:54 PM
Maybe I should have added one of these behind that statement? so YOU could figure out that I was BS'ing....Put your hostilities away man, Damn!

Maybe i should have as well :rolleyes:

Take a joke i took yours as a joke just trying to have a little fun and take a shot and the euro scene in the same:D

My bad for PISSING YA OFF:devil: :huh