PDA

View Full Version : tire choise???

mustang93
02-09-2004, 08:38 PM
well I am asking this question because I respect all of your opinions and need some insite on a few choises for rear tires. I was dead set on original 6 ply razor's (because thats what I have up front) untill reading some posts w/ reviews saying that they were not good in sand and were unpredictable in a slide wear out quik ect ect...
I currently have Realetor's but after blowing a bead on the trails I now have several soft spots in the side wall.
To make a long story I am interested in a low price tire w/ great reviews. I mainly ride trails, ocasional tracks and sand pits in New England so durrability is a must (lots of rocks mud roots & ruts).
I also want a 6 ply tire.
These are the ones that have caught my eye all are 22" DIA

KENDA kLAW
KENDA KNARLY (is this a 6 ply?????)
PURE SPORT BANDIT XC
ORIGINAL RAZOR (dont want to put up the coin for the 2's)
MAXXIS ALL TRAKS I dont think they are 6 ply

Sorry for the long winded post.
Your help is greatly appreciated.

02-09-2004, 08:52 PM
go with the 6ply klaw XCR ;) thats what I may be getting soon too & i ride trails & roads/hard packed surfaces

shamisc
02-09-2004, 08:55 PM
Either the Klaw or the Knarly! I have both and I can only say that they are the best tires I've ever had!! Both come in the 6 ply version. I think the Knarly is a great tire but I think the Klaw hooks better. JMO! My buddy has had his Knarly's (Desert Dog's)for 2 years now and they still have about 95% tread left!! He rides on the road all the time! Hope this helps ya!

mustang
02-10-2004, 06:04 AM
any one have pics of the klaws & or knarly's on thier bike, I want to make shure that they are a flat style like razor & arnt a balloon type tire like stock warrior tires

mustang
02-10-2004, 10:13 AM
I am considering the 6 ply klaws at the top of my list.

suck my pipe
02-10-2004, 12:05 PM
I have a pic if you instant message me on AOL my name is fatnis29 FYI im not fat its a inside joke with friends lol. I got all difrent angles thoe and they are flat and they do go great but are REALLY bad on icey conditions. not snow like icey trails after most of the snow is gone other then that AWESOME!!!!!!

02-10-2004, 01:02 PM
By the way you spelled Choise,,,I'd guess your from joisey:confused:

:p :p

mustang
02-10-2004, 01:17 PM
I dont have aol but would apreciate >sp if you could e mail them to me
I suck at spelling:D
amydan97@charter.net

thanks

mustang93
02-10-2004, 08:47 PM
found this pic they look good, these are what I'm getting:cool:
http://www.theatvcompound.com/forums/uploads/post-51-1062373046.jpg

mustang93
02-12-2004, 03:57 PM
Ordered the klaw xc's today, hope they are as good as everyone says. I cant wait to get them on the trails:macho