PDA

View Full Version : ebay!!!

fastexgirl4c
02-09-2004, 06:41 PM
im gettin to hate ebay....my dad put up a 250R motor on it..and this guy bought it for 1200 on buy it now...all he wanted was the radiator...and wanted my dad to sell it on ebay for him...my dad was like hell no..and sent it to him..then the guy calls my dad and says the lectron carb is broke...and its not..he even took a pic and it was only a lil scrap..so then he files a compaint throu e-bay and wants all his money back plus shippin and the amount to get the motor fixed...and then he says the lower end is cracked...well we sent him 3 spare lower ends...and plus the one that was on the motor...so he now wants 300$ cuz he is gonna get it fixed....errrrr ebay :cuss: :mad: :grr: has anyone else had promblems with ebay?

roostin_dale
02-09-2004, 07:11 PM
that sux,,

its all fine and dandy for me!

02-09-2004, 09:08 PM
good for me too...i dont sell high dollar items like that tho

ghak99
02-09-2004, 10:01 PM
"All items are sold as is, no returns"

JD400exrider
02-09-2004, 11:55 PM
I have only bought a few things. (about 8) I got screwed on the last purchase. Paid the guy and the day after they removed them selves from e bay. I received nothing. Luckly it was for 57 bucks Could have been worse.

dannyboy20
02-10-2004, 10:28 AM
my Dads friends just got screwed on E-bay. He payed 1500$ for a GPS for his fishing boat and never got it. Didnt get all the details but all i no is that he got screwed and is out 1500$$ thats gotta suck.

beak7707
02-10-2004, 10:44 AM
I've done alot of business on ebay, and have always had good luck. I always write the seller and get to know whats going on with the product and the sellers themselves. After sending a couple e-mails you can usaully tell if its a honest seller or not. And when it comes to selling, i say sold as is you buy it its yours.

AndrewRRR
02-10-2004, 12:55 PM
A guy bought your motor and then just wanted the radiator? That sucks.
On items that expensive you might want to consider using an escrow. Thats what I did with a car i bought off ebay.
Definately say "as-is, no returns" or something to that effect.

noreaster79
02-10-2004, 04:34 PM
I sell a lot of parts on ebay and I have found that no matter what you do you will get your occassional a hole. I go with the theory that as long as I know that I filled my end of the agreement to the best of my ability and the other person is being unreasonable then I just ignore them. Every so often you will run into this problem and the more you do the easier it gets deal with.

fastexgirl4c
02-10-2004, 05:12 PM
my dad did write sold as is...on it.. the guy isnt getting his money back and he has to pay the shipping for us to send it back to him...
looks like ebay was nice and favored us

FFW
02-10-2004, 06:00 PM
I'm really having a hard time understanding why you're blaming Ebay. Your dad had an item for sale, covered his butt with the details, the guy tried to bail and Ebay stood by your father. Ebay simply did what was they were legally bound to do. Blaming Ebay for one idiot's stupidity isn't really accurate or fair. I'm glad your dad got it worked out but in the future let companies like Ebay do their job and then see what happens.

fastexgirl4c
02-10-2004, 06:03 PM
u have a point...but im not really mad at ebay im mad at the jerks that r on it...i mean some of them that do this kinda stuff

FFW
02-10-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by fastexgirl4c
u have a point...but im not really mad at ebay im mad at the jerks that r on it...i mean some of them that do this kinda stuff

I know:) Ebay *can* be frustrating at times as can any company.

Glad it worked out.

:D

AndrewRRR
02-11-2004, 12:13 PM
Luckily now they let you respond to a person's negative feedback they leave you so you can explain the situation. I imagine in cases like this they might let you delete the feedback he left.
It's amazing how many turds there are out there that try to screw you.

noreaster79
02-11-2004, 01:46 PM
The major flaw with tht efeedback system is that if somone bids and wins my auction and then doesn't pay and I give him a negative feedback then he or she can give it right back to me. I never leave negative feedback for this reeason because it will reflect baddly upon me. I just file for the non paying bidder and move on.