PDA

View Full Version : It's starting to get bad

416exmx
02-09-2004, 06:21 PM
I had bid on a few quads on ebay this past week... i bet i have recieved about 10 emails from people (frauds) trying to sell me stuff... they say they have the same quad for way less. also i had a few quads on ebay and you can get took from selling also. they send you a cashieers and it is for like $3000 extra. then they want you to western union them the extra $3000 back instantly. well they send you a fake cashieers check and by time anyone finds it to be fake, you have already sent the guy the extra money back... and he just took you... anyway, a local guy had this happen to him today on farm machinery parts. so the ebay fraud is happening with many items (not just atv's)... i can see ebay going WAY downhill over the next few years from stuff like this. how do you know who to trust????

Tommy 17
02-09-2004, 06:39 PM
not only that i hear they can now steal feedback from good sellers so u have no clue whos real... who's fake etc... i've now decided to never use ebay... its not worth the risk to save the little bit of $

416 that must suck for u... bc i see u sellin stuff all the time on there:(

Ralph
02-09-2004, 06:41 PM
im just suprised ebay hasnt posted any messages or warnings and im sure they know bout these kind of things

Guy400
02-09-2004, 06:45 PM
Here's how they're getting account information from people and posing as them. Ever see the auctions where it states it's only for pre-approved buyers? Well if you click on the link to become one of these "pre-approved buyers" you exit the real Ebay site and it directs you to a damn near identical look-alike Ebay page where it asks you to reenter your Ebay name and password. Once you do that they've got you. This stuff is happening to people selling ATV's, cars, motorcycles, dirtbikes, lawn tractors and a whole lot more.

I bought a NASCAR banner off Ebay one time and that was it. It went OK but that's the last time I'll ever use it.

brandonpeake
02-09-2004, 06:47 PM
this has been going on for awhile, i sell antiques and civil war items all this kinda stuff, anyways a g uy i know bought a civil war flag for 20,000 and anyways which is cheap for the quality , and condition it was in so he used the ebay escrow service and ebay authenticated it , well iut was fake and worth about 200 so anyway he sued ebay and won, then all of a sudden ebay fees went way up, anyone remeber when the fees went thru the roof!!!

just some info ,happened about 2 yrs ago or so i dont remeber exactly when

Guy400
02-09-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
im just suprised ebay hasnt posted any messages or warnings and im sure they know bout these kind of things
They have. One time when I signed onto PayPal a security message came up. They stated that Ebay only asks for your name and password the first time you log in. NEVER enter it again once you've already done it unless you specifically log out. The message also went on to say that Ebay does not have any sort of "pre-approved buyer" program. If you see any auction using this message you are to report it and not bid.