PDA

View Full Version : I Need To Know About A Cr500 Swap Into 250r

KEWLSETH1
02-09-2004, 05:48 PM
OK IM THINKING ABOUT PUTTING IN A CR500 MOTOR IN MY 250R I KNOW SOME ABOUT THE SWAP

I KNOW U CAN GET AROUND THE MOTOR VIBRATION BY PUTTING RUUBER GROMENTS ON THE MOTOR MOUNTS IF THIS IS NOT TRUE PLEASE TELL ME

HOW DO U DO THE RADIATOR CAN U USE THE STOCK 250R ONE?

WHERE CAN U BUT THE MOTOR MOUNTS OR DO U HAVE TO BUILD THEM ?

I HAVE A STOCK FRAME WILL THIS BE OK BECAUSE THE MOTOR SHOULD NOT SHAKE MUCH BECAUSE OF THE RUBBER GROMETS

WHAT ABOUT EXHAUST WHERE CAN I GET IT AND HOW MUCH

WILL THE REAR MOTOR MOUNT GO THROUGH THE SWING ARM RIGHT

OK I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO SOMEONE THAT HAS A TRX500R BUT IF U TRULY KNOW WHAT U R TALKIN ABOUT PLEASE POST
OR EMAIL ME AT TRX250RRACER1@AOL.COM

THANKS JUSTIN

250rtone
02-09-2004, 06:25 PM
Don't waste a good R on the swap, a friend of ours did it and had to make all the mounts for it. He also rubber mounted the engine and it would still numb your hands and arms after a short time riding it. The swingarm mount will not work, and the pipe has to be custom made for it i think, you can use the stock R rad but you have to make some trick plumbing for it. The kick start has to be modified also, its a lot of work that just don't pay off in the long run because it's to uncomfortable to use.:(

jst
02-09-2004, 07:12 PM
I have a Laeger Pro-Trax 500 sittin in the garage.The vibration is still felt.The frame is specifally made for the CR500.The pipe was specifically made for it also.

pairanutz
02-09-2004, 07:47 PM
rubber mounts dont help that much

lrd make a pipe for this conversion-aint cheap about $600

my hill climb buddy has two one in a 250r and one in a 400ex frame -the r cracks all the time -so far the 400 frame hasnt yet-maybe because its 15 years newer not sure-but if you use a 400 frame you can use the stock cr500 pipe it clears but you have to bolt the cylinder and pipe on at the same time -he is also using the stock r radiaters and hasnt had any overheating problems -he does play ride on them but complains about the vibrations but loves the power

he had to make all new motor mounts

hope this helps