PDA

View Full Version : Please Help!

ProConcept
02-09-2004, 03:25 PM
Guys ill be getting a 450R as soon as the snow melts around here but I have a few questions first. Does the 450 really wheelie that much? Seems like alot of reviews say it does. I mean I realy dont want to be coming out of a banked corner on the trails i ride on and have it wheelie. Is it controllable? Also do the throttles really come misadjusted from the factory? Not a big deal for me though as i can adjust it.

Thanks

quadrcr161
02-09-2004, 03:39 PM
no it dosent, i have railed out of corners and it not lift a wheel. its very controlable. ill be checking my throttle tonight.

2004TRX450R
02-09-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by ProConcept
Guys ill be getting a 450R as soon as the snow melts around here but I have a few questions first. Does the 450 really wheelie that much? Seems like alot of reviews say it does. I mean I realy dont want to be coming out of a banked corner on the trails i ride on and have it wheelie. Is it controllable? Also do the throttles really come misadjusted from the factory? Not a big deal for me though as i can adjust it.

Thanks

After rideing it more this weekend it seems that the front end is a bit light or that it just likes to wheelie. It is very easy to get the front end up. However it is very controllable and I didn't have any problems keeping it down when I wanted to. It also seems to jump real nice and the ligher front end really seems to help on the whoops. I would just lean back and throttle it on and keep the front end up and the whoops just dissapear. It's SWEET!!!:devil: :devil: :devil:

Hammer trx450r
02-09-2004, 06:45 PM
The light front isn't a problem its a dream!! Byproduct of traction. I am definatly up on the tank more.

alias
02-09-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Hammer trx450r
The light front isn't a problem its a dream!! Byproduct of traction. I am definatly up on the tank more.

yeah sounds more like how a dirtbike rides

walker054
02-09-2004, 08:52 PM
So far i have not had a problem with the front end of mine, but right now i am only riding it in snow. Have to wait a while to see how it handles on dirt. very easy to handle and control today my son and i each took turns riding the 450R and 250R today and he is only 10. He didn't even have trouble with first gear. And the 450 started on the second kick cold and first kick hot, the 250r took about 10-15 kick to get it going the first time. Probably didn't help the the temp is in the low 30's here. Can't wait for new a arms and zps shocks.