02-09-2004, 11:59 AM
Check out this Ford F350
The numbers I read were it has a turbo Cummins Diesel with
880 HP and is running 90LBS of boost :eek2:
This trucks eats an RX7 for lunch
http://www.newrides.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=12

seatec
02-09-2004, 12:24 PM
A cummings in a Superduty? hmm Couldb be.
Something didnt look right with that Rx. seemed way to slow.
Don't get me wrong, that Truck hauled butt.

MOFO
02-09-2004, 12:43 PM
Yep, its true.... this has actually been posted here before.

The motor is a twin turbo cummin's....

xcyfz450
02-09-2004, 03:49 PM
wat website did you guys find that at

DangerousDean
02-09-2004, 03:55 PM
haha I posted it on nsmb.com forums and they liked it too :)

wicked fast

ReconRider25
02-09-2004, 04:12 PM
i still say fords are junk.:o

xcyfz450
02-09-2004, 04:15 PM
correct fords r junk when they have a powerjoke butput a cummins in it now your on to something

Guy400
02-09-2004, 04:30 PM
90lbs. of boost:eek2: He must be running about 3.5:1 compression ratio:D

hatch440ex
02-09-2004, 05:13 PM
holy ford trucks batman!!!

Werx615
02-09-2004, 05:21 PM
dont hate on fords

FFW
02-09-2004, 06:05 PM
The static compression ratio for a 5.9 B series engine is 17.2:1 and I doubt he lowered that at all.

It was that the RX was that slow, the truck was that fast.

And yeah, face facts, the Ford outsells the dodge by a wide margin but who cares. I am impressed to nearly 4 tons of truck move down the track like that no matter what Diesel it has in it.

Guy400
02-09-2004, 06:10 PM
He's running 17.2:1 CR and 90lbs. of boost?!

FFW
02-09-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
He's running 17.2:1 CR and 90lbs. of boost?!

As far as I know, yes. I haven't read anything to suggest otherwise. I used to run 30 lbs of boost and a static CR of 17.5:1 on my 99 Superduty and I thought that was a heck of a lot of boost.

Every time I put my foot into it the check engine light lit up when the boost needle swung past 24 lbs or so because I never bothered to install a diode at the MAP sensor to fool the engine.

Once i saw what he did I realized we weren't running much boost:)

Guy400
02-09-2004, 06:35 PM
Damn, I guess I'm just out of touch with diesel performance hop-up's. I know quite a few guys I used to drag race with were running 29-30psi in their GN's and that was about the highest amount of boost I'd ever heard of anyone running. Some of the import guys who were considered "radical" ran about 20psi in their 4-bangers.

FFW
02-09-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
Damn, I guess I'm just out of touch with diesel performance hop-up's. I know quite a few guys I used to drag race with were running 29-30psi in their GN's and that was about the highest amount of boost I'd ever heard of anyone running. Some of the import guys who were considered "radical" ran about 20psi in their 4-bangers.

Funny thing is you can run the boost I did quite frequently. Of course i didn't have my foot in it much unless I was pulling a heavy load or at the track perhaps but I never went into the engine for anything. The more I see the more I wish i'd have gotten the Excursion instead of the Expedition :) Not all the time since the Exp has a bunch more features the X doesn't but you get my drift.

I remember back in the late 80's and early 90's when the GN's, GNX's and the Syclone's were the ones to beat. The Syclones we could toast at a 1/4 mile strip even though they were very quick off the line they fell flat on their face at speed. Some of the best 60 foot times where had by those Syclones but they were a mess to keep running. Pure junk but they could waste almost anything in a stoplight war :)

Guy400
02-09-2004, 06:56 PM
I know the Sy-Ty's had problems with the pistons. I can't remember if they were cast units or early hypereutectics. Either way they were known to scatter. I did get disgraced by a Typhoon at a stoplight. I knew I was going to get my ***** handed to me but I wanted to see it anyway. I'm in a 305TPI Z28 auto with no mods whatsoever and I'm hopping at the light next to some middle age guy attempting to lure him into a race. He never looked at me at all and never made any moves. The light turned green and I heard turbo spool and that was it. No chirp from the tires, nothing. He just left me standing there.

Juggalo
02-09-2004, 07:14 PM
haha i love old guys like that. i remember once me and my friend were in his ram just messin around with this older guy at a stoplight. he was in a supercharged regal (the newer kind). well he ripped us a new one of course haha. and we pulled up to him again at the next stop light and he was laffin his *** off. we threw him a thumbs up and he just waved and smiled. what a cool old dude. haha

Guy400
02-09-2004, 07:19 PM
The same thing happened to me another time when I pulled up next to an older guy in a GN. I knew something was when I saw a 5" Monster tach on the dash. I just remember seeing taillights growing smaller.

I was in my dad's Pro Street Chevelle one night and a couple kids pulled up next to us in a 5.0 Stang. They kept taunting us and yelling "Come on, let's run 'em. We'll bet money..." The light turns green and we both slowly pull away. We hit the next light and they're at it again with the jabbering but my dad did nothing but grin at them. When the light turned green my dad dropped the hammer on them. At the next light they pulled up and they were white as ghosts. All they had to say now was "That was awesome."

FFW
02-09-2004, 07:38 PM
Geez, the list of problems was long and did include the pistons, connecting rods, lack of adequate intercooling, etc etc etc...but there are still people out there that offer plenty of parts to make it work.

The most fun we ever had was when we discovered the world of Nitrous Oxide back in 1989. My X brother in law and I installed a monster setup on his bone stock 88 Mustang convertible with nothing but an auxillary fuel pump.

It was hysterical to pull up to a Vette or Porsche 911/928, whatever...and look over, see that he wanted to teach us a lesson or two. The light turns green and off he goes. Since the Mustang had marginal traction even in stock form we didn't hit the juice until we were almost into second gear. When we did it flat nailed us to the seats and we'd usually pass whatever we were racing like they were standing still! The jaws dropped and most of the time they'd ask what the hell we had under the hood. Usually our reply was: "More than you have! :) hahaha. A 300 HP shot usually got peoples attention.

The looks were priceless. We finally got so sick of paying $30 for a 10lb fill we bought bulk Nitrous from a local gas supplier, bought a used fridge, rigged it to freeze both compartments and stored extra bottles in the freezer. Grab a reasonably accurate scale, tare the bottle and use a transfer hose. 10lbs later we had a full bottle:) Throw in a bottle heater and we had fun even when it was cold.

One time though we did hit the juice and the micro switch stuck in the on position! We last saw the upper intake somewhere north of our location. That one hurt because it melted 4 pistons in the process and of course it backfired through the intake which was full of fuel and Nitrous! We also lost the hood since it had a 2 foot square rip in the hood. Poor man's scoop I guess!

We did learn from our mistakes:) A shift kit helped the slipping transmission problems and better fuel management helped as well.

It was still a heck of a lot of fun.

:blah: