PDA

View Full Version : they DROPPEd the pilot in my 426???

QuadJunkies
02-09-2004, 11:27 AM
I dont get it??????:confused: I figured they would have went up if anything, why would they go DOWN instead???:huh I could have sworn he said (my mechanic) that is has a 38 in it now.Isnt stock a 40?? He changed my jetting to a 170 now instead of a 165 that I had beofre and even then, my 165 was a little on the fat side.. Can someone help me understand this ?????Also..... I experience a small " poof" sound (hehe nice sound effect eh?:o ) after shutting it off..... any idea why?????

EXJUMPER
02-09-2004, 11:43 AM
I just put a 42 pilot in mine because it was having problems with bogging down and hard starting. I think when I changed mine, the stock pilot was a 38. I know for a fact that it wasn't a 40.....it was either a 35 or a 38, but I leaning towards the 38. How does it start when cold? Now that I have the 42 I don't use choke at all!:devil:

QuadJunkies
02-09-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by EXJUMPER
I just put a 42 pilot in mine because it was having problems with bogging down and hard starting. I think when I changed mine, the stock pilot was a 38. I know for a fact that it wasn't a 40.....it was either a 35 or a 38, but I leaning towards the 38. How does it start when cold? Now that I have the 42 I don't use choke at all!:devil: well, I have only had it out for one day to break it on actually. But so far, it started up good, but it want super cold that day either........
Then I must have been up one pilot cause he siad he changed it to a 38

44oEX
02-09-2004, 12:23 PM
you don't always have to go bigger it all depense on the temp. the altitude and a bunch of other stuff. Bigger is not always better. If your jets are to big it will be to rich and won't work to it's full potentiel.

44oEX
02-09-2004, 12:24 PM
and stock is 38

QuadJunkies
02-09-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by 44oEX
and stock is 38

thanks you for summing that up for me! I must have been at a 40 or so then before the big bore was put in.
I guess I just assumed big bore and the mods would mean a bigger pilot when he rejetted it....;) I do know he likes to jet on the sound and how it runs more than a plug reading on a 4 stroke... So whats my POOF sound mean when shutting off its just a small poof of air sound,but it wasnt there before...??? Any ideas???

zephead400ex
02-09-2004, 12:42 PM
Tina, 38 is stock. Does it backfire on decel?

QuadJunkies
02-09-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
Tina, 38 is stock. Does it backfire on decel? not that Ive noticed so far.... Just when you turn it off right after you turn the key off it does this.. its very mild more a POOF sound than a POW sound like a full back fire sounds.........Hope that made sense....... :o

44oEX
02-09-2004, 05:32 PM
all you need to do is to turn your air mixture scew a little ( unscrew it,conterclock wise ) about a 1/4 and see if it still does it. it so go one more 1/4 turn. But don`t worry it won`t harm anything.

BIGRED400
02-09-2004, 07:49 PM
http://colbykostman.tripod.com/id57.htm :D

seven
02-09-2004, 08:10 PM
Just make sure that when you turn it off it doesnt go chitty chitty bang bang. A poof can be adjusted out. But if it goes wurrrr clank clank You mite want to have it looked at.

QuadJunkies
02-09-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by seven
Just make sure that when you turn it off it doesnt go chitty chitty bang bang. A poof can be adjusted out. But if it goes wurrrr clank clank You mite want to have it looked at. :p thnks SEVEN. I do have to have my gearing checked.....I think Im having issues with a shift fork or something.....ITs popping out of gearin 1st gear( odd huh:huh ) it feels like its in gear, then you let out the clutch then it pops into nuetral.....:eek2: Im gonna be one pissed of women if this has to go back in to get fixed....:mad: he said it would run me around another 500.00 to fix:eek: if this is the problem.......

Adrenalinerush
02-10-2004, 06:48 AM
i'm having problems with my 400 this winter too. the damn cold weather. but it;s all good it's going to the shop saterday for valve adjustment and jetting and bunch of ****. :devil: