PDA

View Full Version : where to ride in Massachusetts/New Hampshire

Fitzy
02-09-2004, 09:25 AM
i've lived in Mass my whole life and i don't know of any good spots to ride. Mass is way too strict on people riding atv's and dirtbikes. the state trails even suck. New Hampshire isn't as bad. I've been to a couple places that have decent trails but terrible pits and thats more of what i'm into. i live on the coast of Mass and the only good place to ride is on a lake near my house when it freezes, if it freezes... lol

if any1 knows of any good places in Mass or New Hampshire with some sick pits then let me know

Fitzy
02-10-2004, 10:25 AM
some1 help me out here

sam the brave
02-11-2004, 02:21 PM
there is a gravel pit an an air strip in south rehobth with alot ov trails every ware
also my friend built a big track that is open on saterdays in the summer

where in mass do u live

skoalbandit
02-14-2004, 09:42 PM
Clough State Park up off of RTE 89 is ok. The trails are decent and they have somewhat of an MX track. The only reason why I like going there is because its close. From Dracut MA its only about 50Min. Dont quote me on this being a great spot because I have not been many other places. The Rockingham/Fremont railroad beds suck. I do know that. But as for now, I ride on a lake in Freemont.

04trx450R
02-23-2004, 04:15 PM
There are great places in wrentham and halifax, and there are a cople good spots in the brockton area,,, Where are you from?

theTman
02-23-2004, 04:20 PM
hes from amsbury...

my house kenny..lol the pit sucks tho... lol

there is a gravel pit an an air strip in south rehobth with alot ov trails every ware also my friend built a big track that is open on saterdays in the summer

where is that???

Clough State Park up off of RTE 89 is ok. The trails are decent and they have somewhat of an MX track. The only reason why I like going there is because its close. From Dracut MA its only about 50Min. Dont quote me on this being a great spot because I have not been many other places.

and where is that??

skoalbandit
02-24-2004, 06:10 PM
Clough State Park is right off of Rte 89. (Exit 2) Take a left off of the exit and follow for a few miles until you come to a blinking yellow light with a 3 way stop. Your going the only way you dont have to stop. Take a left and its about 2 miles down that road. You'll see a sign that says OHRV parking (stark Pond). To get to Rte 89 just follow 93N. Its the beginning of rte 89 so you can only get on it heading in one direction.

Help any?????

dannyboy20
02-24-2004, 07:56 PM
04trx450R were are u from. I ride in Halifax across from armonds and UPS in Brockton. U must live nearby ?

hondafox440
02-28-2004, 02:34 PM
Clough is in NH, around Bow.

I hear theres a big sand pit in Ossipee, NH.

Theres always Uxbridge too..

Theres a good sized pit in Concord, NH. I've been there once but from what I hear it's usually crawling with cops..

shelbygt350
03-02-2004, 09:41 AM
NH just plain sucks to ride now. The Rockingham trail has been cut in half,with parking only in Freemont. Every other local place that I use to ride at over the past 5 plus years now has $500,000 houses sitting on the Land, good luck using any of the powerlines, last time I went to a common place in NH we all got tickets. The land owner for years had granted ATV use but one Jerk got hurt on their land and he sue'd so the owners of the land took their offer off the table and had the fish and game start patroling and ticketing. The best trails from what I've heard of are in Western MA around the Berkshires. Unless you know someone with allot of land, good luck finding a place to ride, my quad has not moved since last spring :( what a waste of a 2002 400ex

Fitzy
03-02-2004, 07:52 PM
ahh... can a moderator move this to 'Where to ride'??

hondafox440
03-04-2004, 03:03 PM
Actually, I forgot to mention that there is a guy who is opening 850 acres of riding area in New Boston, NH..

Fitzy
03-04-2004, 06:38 PM
really?

dannyboy20
03-04-2004, 07:26 PM
sweat :macho

northeast400
03-14-2004, 04:37 PM
I live in Hudson Nh and I can't find any good place. we should all take a ride to Clough when it opens for the season:D

shelbygt350
03-15-2004, 05:30 AM
We just went riding up in Derry Yesterday. The trails cut in with the Rockingham trail and there were ALLOT of people out there :)

Bad Azz Bob
03-15-2004, 07:47 PM
I live 20 min. from the rocky trail, its a nice trail. Well it was the trail starts in Freemont, goes into sandown, then goes to derry and windham, but the derry and windham parts are closed... so its kinda gay now.

northeast400
04-04-2004, 08:02 PM
I just talked to my friend who owns 60acres in greenfield. He is starting to clear it, a couple of people I know are going to help him. I will keep you all posted because he is going to open it to public

the yazer
04-05-2004, 12:41 PM
greenfield is like 30 minutes from my house where abouts in greenfield is the land? if you friends need any help i would be glad to lend a helping hand as long as i could ride there :D

400exracer
04-19-2004, 08:20 AM
there is a sweet place to ride in ossipee NH its called dows pit its so fun!! ppl drag race freestyle mx every weekend its a friggin blast!!!!! i live right across from it !! its so fun !!!! we all should get together and ride in it theres sweet hill climbs AND EVERYTHING you guys seriously need to make plans to come with me sometime its the best spot to ride near NH !!! MAKE IT WORLD WIDE DOWS PIT RULES!!!!!!

f.s.o.s
05-05-2004, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by 400exracer
there is a sweet place to ride in ossipee NH its called dows pit its so fun!! ppl drag race freestyle mx every weekend its a friggin blast!!!!! i live right across from it !! its so fun !!!! we all should get together and ride in it theres sweet hill climbs AND EVERYTHING you guys seriously need to make plans to come with me sometime its the best spot to ride near NH !!! MAKE IT WORLD WIDE DOWS PIT RULES!!!!!!

how do you get there I live in Loudon (near Concord) and would love to check it out.

400exracer
05-11-2004, 11:07 PM
if you know how to get into ossipee i cantell you directions from there pm me