PDA

View Full Version : how do they compare

fmf400ex03
02-09-2004, 07:46 AM
i was think about gettin works shocks for the front and rear not big on spend alot o money but i need better suspension and handleing i hit jumps ride in the woods possibly want to race xc this spring and how do these shocks compareto like an elka tcs olihn ect

02-09-2004, 09:23 AM
There is no comparison unless you go with the high end works.

If your thinking about getting some AT steelers they will work and work great. I ran works for 2 years and loved them. But they are not up to par with elka, TCS, axis, ETC. You won't be disappointed with works.

RiPPiNiTuP7
02-09-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Rico
There is no comparison unless you go with the high end works.

If your thinking about getting some AT steelers they will work and work great. I ran works for 2 years and loved them. But they are not up to par with elka, TCS, axis, ETC. You won't be disappointed with works.

well said.

the works are great....much better than stock, but to compare them to the higher end shocks is a waste of time.

02-09-2004, 12:11 PM
i have works with santos pro millenium kit & they are alot better than before but I dont have any experience with any other aftermarket shocks so I couldnt truefully com[pare them for you...maybe someone else will :confused:

02-09-2004, 01:06 PM
Jumbo747 i have works with santos pro millenium kit & they are alot better than before but I dont have any experience with any other aftermarket shocks so I couldnt truefully com[pare them for you...maybe someone else will

I have ran high end works with and with out Santo's milinium kit. That kits helped a lot. I think they were on par with high end shocks BUT. by the time you buy works HI DOLLAR (I beleive Mine were stadiums series I am not sure they were used when I got them) shocks and have a revalve kit installed in them you are talking some major bucks too.