PDA

View Full Version : Drag Results 450R vs 416 or 424EX?

Quadzilla
02-09-2004, 07:41 AM
Anybody had the opportunity to race their 450R against a nicely built 416 or 424 WITH a FCR (or Edelbock) carb on it? The reason that I mention the carb is that I feel that it makes a big difference on a 416 or 424 and that is the setup that I will be running this spring. Anyway, let us know. Some of us out here cannot afford a new 450R and are hoping that our 416's and 424's are somewhere in the ballpark in terms of speed/power, but who knows, maybe not. I have yet to see anybody post on this (if so, I must have missed it). Thanks much for the info people!

KILLAQuad
02-09-2004, 08:40 AM
I raced my buddy on a KFX with my R all this weekend... I have a 13t front sprocket on my R. When we were racing off the start i would and did pull leds like you wouldnt imagine... im talking 10 quad lengths easy... no way the Z/KFX/DVX could keep up with the R off the Line or in a drag race of less then 1/2 mile

BUT.....

Top end as i was just crusin along i start hearing this unfamiliar thumping from somewhere behind me:eek2:

on about a 3/4 mile run on s paved road he would just start creepin by me like i was missing a gear....

The acceleration of the R is just amazing but with the gearing the way it is i could not hold the KFX off on top end but when we were racing in a feild and through some woods i had to pull over and have lunch before he caught me :D

Jonas
02-09-2004, 08:30 PM
still looking for someone who has raced the 450r a number of times agaist a BUILT 400ex.... A built 400ex will blow away any stock kfx or ltz.

r450rr
02-09-2004, 09:00 PM
are you talking about the KFX 700 or 400.. and id say you would have held him on topend IF you would have had the stock front gear, or one tooth bigger

psd1
02-09-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by r450rr
are you talking about the KFX 700 or 400.. and id say you would have held him on topend IF you would have had the stock front gear, or one tooth bigger

He' talking about the 400, unless there is a DVX 700?? If he would have had the stock F gear he wouldnt have had such a great holeshot...;)

r450rr
02-09-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by psd1
He' talking about the 400, unless there is a DVX 700?? If he would have had the stock F gear he wouldnt have had such a great holeshot...;)

I meant was he talking about the KFX 700.. just wandering..

yea he still would have got a good holeshot just maybe he could have beat him on topend as well..if he was just doing a drag i can understand the 13 tooth, for the holeshot, and thats all good, i just know that it has to have more topend than a KFX 400,, especially with the stock gearing,, it should have eat it all around..and kept gaining

psd1
02-09-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by r450rr
I meant was he talking about the KFX 700.. just wandering..

yea he still would have got a good holeshot just maybe he could have beat him on topend as well..if he was just doing a drag i can understand the 13 tooth, for the holeshot, and thats all good, i just know that it has to have more topend than a KFX 400,, especially with the stock gearing,, it should have eat it all around..and kept gaining

I guest taht olny tiem weil teil

KILLAQuad
02-10-2004, 05:08 PM
I got a hell of a holeshot and it was a stock 400... i blew him away and he was haveing trouble catching me and like i said it was in a 1 mile strip :eek:
If anyone has their quad wide open for 1 mile in any type of raceing condition other than Desert than i dont know what you would be doing... everytime we would turn i would smoke him due to my gearing and the unbeleivable acceleration... and my gearing is the only thing that let him catch me in the end:eek2:
The R does have more top end and bottom end and mid range and stock to stock there is no comparison......
Oh and by the way i do have that BIG BUILT 440ex and it will hang with a stock 450 but start doing a little here and a little there and the 450 will blow it away just like everything else:D
The YFZ is a diff story and will have to wait until i get over to that buddies house to race around with him, i think it will be very close ;)

jb500ex
02-10-2004, 05:14 PM
my brother would beat me with his yfz and my 500ex in a drag