PDA

View Full Version : did change the gearing

quadsrfun
02-09-2004, 03:35 AM
I got to ride my new r this week end and i can say that this thing rocks. At first i did not like the tall first gear but then I went with a 13 tooth that made a big improvement. There is still alot of snow so it was hard to tell what the shocks felt like,I did get to hit a few small bumps and some little rough stuff and it felt real nice on the litte stuff. It is easy to start only one or two kicks at all temp. and i have not used the hot start yet.I cant wait for this snow to go away so I can get a good feel for this thing. The front ACracing front bumper bolted right up and I think the new handguards make it look even better.I have AC propegs ordered for it. You can check out my two r"s at www.gearworxriders.com there is also a few other nice pictures of other rides there.

lukester720
02-09-2004, 04:09 AM
Is the sprocket the same as the one on the 400ex?

quadsrfun
02-09-2004, 09:07 AM
the sprocket that i used fits a cr250 88-03, cr500, and cr450. the JT part # is jtf284-13. that is for the steel one cost about $15.

KILLAQuad
02-09-2004, 09:31 AM
Yes the sprockets are the same as the 400ex:D

lukester720
02-09-2004, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the info guys your the coolest!

jgfarmsracer
02-09-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by KILLAQuad
Yes the sprockets are the same as the 400ex:
D

you better LOOK a little harder at that front one it is not a 400 front

r450rr
02-09-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by quadsrfun
I got to ride my new r this week end and i can say that this thing rocks. At first i did not like the tall first gear but then I went with a 13 tooth that made a big improvement. There is still alot of snow so it was hard to tell what the shocks felt like,I did get to hit a few small bumps and some little rough stuff and it felt real nice on the litte stuff. It is easy to start only one or two kicks at all temp. and i have not used the hot start yet.I cant wait for this snow to go away so I can get a good feel for this thing. The front ACracing front bumper bolted right up and I think the new handguards make it look even better.I have AC propegs ordered for it. You can check out my two r"s at www.gearworxriders.com there is also a few other nice pictures of other rides there.

do you have any close up pics of your new R with the handguards on it..:p

quadsrfun
02-10-2004, 04:10 AM
yes i do have pictures with the new power madd hand guards. I thought the guy that builds my site put them on there, he will do it this weekend.they are pretty nice. also I looked at the front sprocket off of a 400ex and they look alitte different than the one for the crf450r but I did not bolt it on. Just make sure the 400ex one would line up right with the rear sprocket before anyone uses it

4punksdad
02-10-2004, 12:10 PM
I too bought a 13T crf450 sprocket. I have yet to install it. I want to make sure I don't like the stock gearing. So far I am growing less and less fond of the stock gearing. Tough to tell with the slippery conditions this time of year, but I suspect I will like the gearing less as the traction levels increase.

KILLAQuad
02-10-2004, 05:50 PM
you better LOOK a little harder at that front one it is not a 400 front

Well if they arent the same then some magic happend cause mine bolted right up and are working just fine :eek2:
All we are looking for is the spline number :D
They Are The Same ...;)
and they also line up just the same... NOW i dont know about anyother brand of sprockets but my Sidewinders do...