PDA

View Full Version : paper or foam

lukester720
02-09-2004, 01:32 AM
What kind of air filter will you guys be running on your R and why? Does one flow better than the other or does one block stuff out better or what? Thanks in advance for your replies.

2004TRX450R
02-09-2004, 01:56 AM
I've run a K&N on my 250R pretty much since I got it. Now I am MUCH more knowledgable on motorcycles then I was way back then and with this new bike I WILL NOT run a K&N. The reason is they let dirt through. Even with an outerwears on them they will let dust into the engine. Now with my old 250R it has a steal sleeve. So it can be bored out and I can install a new piston in it if it gets dammaged from dirt. While this does cost a little bit of money it isn't to bad and the piston should be replace every so often anyway. HOWEVER on the TRX450R as well as the new YFZ450 they have a nickasil plated cylender. If this cylender gets scratched up you have to buy a new cylender and as you can imagine that is going to be really spendy. So I wll be running a stocker unless someone comes out with another foam filter that will out flow the stocker and filter as well.