PDA

View Full Version : Everyone else is doing it...

86atc250r
02-08-2004, 11:47 PM
So I might as well post my pics.. Nothing special yet, just a stock 450R.

I borrowed ChadEXer's camera (for you old timers) ;)

http://www.xcracing.com/gabe/_gabe450r1_800.jpg http://www.xcracing.com/gabe/_gabe450r2_800.jpg http://www.xcracing.com/gabe/_gabe450r3_800.jpg

QuadJunkies
02-09-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by 86atc250r

http://www.xcracing.com/gabe/_gabe450r1_800.jpg http://www.xcracing.com/gabe/_gabe450r2_800.jpg http://www.xcracing.com/gabe/_gabe450r3_800.jpg

Congrats!!! LOL... maybe it was the operator not the Camera he had!!!!:o :p ;)

Guy400
02-09-2004, 05:03 AM
Lucky b@stard:p

biohazard1.2
02-09-2004, 05:20 AM
I have always liked the red/black/white color schemes on Honda bikes. That is why we bought the red/white yfz and red/black/white blaster.

I have yet to swing a leg over one, but, now I am looking forward to it. It looks as though Honda a built a first class, really fun quad. More capable than the LTZ and probably more comfy for trail rides than my YFZ.

Good for you honda and honda fans!

lets ride.

see, I told you I had turned over a new leaf!

Pappy
02-09-2004, 06:43 AM
adjust your throttle gabe:devil: :blah:

looks good. looking forward to what you find to get her running at peak performance:cool:

86atc250r
02-09-2004, 11:34 AM
I adjusted it before I even rode it :) - it was screwed all the way in & was not reaching full throttle.

To be perfectly honest (man, I've been watching too much American Chopper :)), right now I've got an HRC kit in the box, but I don't think I'm going to install it for a while.

I love the quiet, throaty sound & powerful response. I've grown tired of the obnoxious straight thru pipe on my EX & it's nice to hammer on the throttle without attracting a bunch of negative attention - yet still have plenty of power to put a smile on my face.

Pappy
02-09-2004, 11:38 AM
hahaha i hear ya.

i have a pile of go fast parts here that i cant install yet, the free cam mod that im dying to try ..that cant be done yet...

but i to love riding without the "roar" . i guess im getting old:p

JOEX
02-09-2004, 11:43 AM

LOL! I never did see the 'other' pics.

Looking forward to reading more of your opinion on this quad as well as the others;) :)

Joe

86atc250r
02-09-2004, 12:07 PM
I never saw his "other" pics either...

I was just kidding - this camera takes beautiful pics - Chad's camera was one of the worst I've ever seen (my 7 month old boy can scribble down a closer rendering than his camera would take) & he was always posting pics...

QuadJunkies
02-09-2004, 12:21 PM

- Chad's camera was one of the worst I've ever seen (my 7 month old boy can scribble down a closer rendering than his camera would take) & he was always posting pics... LOL..........Thats what I was referring to......;) hope you enjoy your new ride.......

Bad Habit
02-09-2004, 01:58 PM
Hey Gabe,
Have you looked at or do you know if the stock CRF cam will work in the head of the TRX? I'm just curious what that would do for the bike. I've been told that the HRC is NOT the CRF cam. I've also wondered if an entire head assembly from the CRF would bolt right up to the TRX.

Any thoughts?

I adjusted it before I even rode it :) - it was screwed all the way in & was not reaching full throttle.

To be perfectly honest (man, I've been watching too much American Chopper :)), right now I've got an HRC kit in the box, but I don't think I'm going to install it for a while.

I love the quiet, throaty sound & powerful response. I've grown tired of the obnoxious straight thru pipe on my EX & it's nice to hammer on the throttle without attracting a bunch of negative attention - yet still have plenty of power to put a smile on my face.

86atc250r
02-09-2004, 02:18 PM
From what I know, the CRF cam will work in the TRX - however, I've been told the HRC is a better cam for this engine & it is in fact not simply the CRF cam (we all sholuld have known better - Honda doesn't take short cuts like that).

The HRC cam has more lift "under the curve" than the CRF cam.

I've also been told that switching to CRF hardware may actually cause a power loss believe it or not....

From the parts diagrams I've seen, the TRX head has a thermostat and temperature sender that the CRF doesn't. Not sure if there are other problems or not.

With seemingly easy upgrade of CRF parts, I was planning on trying this myself - but after hearing some of this I may wait a while and see what works with this engine and what doesn't.

MR. HONDA EX'S
02-09-2004, 02:44 PM
Gabe,

Make sure you keep me informed about what proformce parts work best on the 450R. What is the specs on the stock cam vs. the HRC cam?

Thanks

sparky450AR
02-09-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
adjust your throttle gabe:devil: :blah:

looks good. looking forward to what you find to get her running at peak performance:cool:

I have heard a lot of people talking about this, how would i go about doing it?

86atc250r
02-09-2004, 03:27 PM
Pull the rubber cover back where the cable goes into the thumb throttle. If the adjuster is screwed all the way in - then it definitely needs adjusted. If it's not, then it just needs checked to be sure it is correct.

There are many ways to get it set correctly. Basically what you're looking to do is make sure it opens all the way and closes all the way.

When it opens all the way, you'll hear a click as it hits the stops.

Another way to do it is to pull the air boot off and look at the inside of the carb as you adjust to verify the throttle opens all the way.

There are other methods, but those should get you started.

Once you've finished make sure to start the quad and make sure the idle speed hasn't change (which would indicate that the throttle is no longer closing all the way). Turn the bars to lock each direction to make sure the throttle doesn't suddenly open as the cable moves.

jmoney45
02-09-2004, 06:49 PM
Very nice ride gabe.

Hammer trx450r
02-09-2004, 06:55 PM
i put the hrc kit in sunday night and it sucked. cam screws were so gumed up with locktight it took forever. forget allen wrenches get allen sockets. took me bout 4 hours of taking my time and doing everything right. Well worth every second it took. If you own one you have to unleash it. Huge diference. to me anyway

jmoney45
02-09-2004, 07:52 PM
how much louder is the hrc exhaust baffle? the mags say 97 db. that's quite a jump from the stocker. did you notice a huge noise gain or not? reason i'm asking is i need to keep the noise down and i'd like to be under 97 dbs. if i get the hrc kit i'll prolly get it installed with the bike when i pick it up.

AlaskaSpeed
02-09-2004, 08:02 PM
Congrats, Gabe.....I am sure I will have one soon as well....very nice quad.....