PDA

View Full Version : Badlands Worth It??

QUADROOKIE
02-08-2004, 07:50 PM
I live in south central Iowa, and the Badlands would be about an 8 hour drive for me each way,(would stay over night of course), is it worth the trip as far as enough good variety of terrain to enjoy? Thanks!

beak7707
02-08-2004, 08:16 PM
Theres a good variety, theres lots of woods, sand(rock mined sane), decent hills, and other areas to mess around on. I enjoy going there but i only live about an hour away. Everytime I've been there a bunch of people was there, so i guess people out there think its worth it.

blaze#52
02-08-2004, 08:24 PM
it is a fun place to go and ride, watch the weather and go if it has been dry for a couple of days, that way you do not have to dodge all of the mud puddles, also bring a shovel out with you so you can shovel up some jumps in the gravel pits/sand dunes

beak7707
02-08-2004, 08:48 PM
Balze is right about the mud, they do get bad. Then again its not much fun if it hasnt rained for along time, because the dust there gets outta control.

markk
02-12-2004, 11:06 AM
Its fun, but seriously i dont know if it would be wourth your time!!, (long drive for a couple hours trails)

I dont know how much farther St.Joe state park in MO. is from u but that is a pretty decient place!! Atticka is ok!

stabbincabin
02-12-2004, 05:56 PM
i will have to agree that the badlands are great but i only live 1 hour away,i have ridden a lot better areas farther away like wayne national in ohio or hatfield-mccoy which are farther drives but well worth it since you can ride different trails and never see the same thing.badlands are not worth the drive from iowa you can see it all in about 4 hours max.great place if your 150 miles or less,good luck!!

QUADROOKIE
02-12-2004, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. I think I will try one of the parks in Missouri instead, or possibly Wisconsin.

roostin_dale
02-12-2004, 06:39 PM
I think it would be worth the drive...i am about 1hr 15min away and i love it...