PDA

View Full Version : short track set up

BuB400
02-08-2004, 07:14 PM
Thinking about racing flat track this season with my '99 400EX, I know I need different tires, sway bar etc. but wondering what I need to lower my quad? Will shorter shocks off say a 250ex work on the front? Or whats a good set up? And can you buy a shorter linkage for the rear? Thanks.

dirtmomma
02-08-2004, 09:26 PM
Yeah the 250x or 300ex shocks will work, thats what some peeps that I race w/ are using. As for the rear you can either go w/ like a Durablue one or make your own. I have a 300 that I flattrack on now & I use a homeade rear one which works great & if you know a welder or are one yourself they are easy to make if I can find a pic of mine I'll post it for you. YES you will definetly want the sway bar I ran one for the 1st time this season & all I can say is WOW what a nice difference!! You'll need nerf bars & a kill switch also, it's nice to have race rings on your wheels too or some STRONG rims cuz otherwise if you start rubbin' (YES RUBBIN IS RACIN) you won't take a chance of splitting a rim. the best advice I have for the setup is............the lower & wider the better:D
So where you gonna be racing at??? Oh your gonna have soooooo much fun nothin better than go faster than chit into the turn & throwin er sideways WHOOO HOO!! Oh sorry I just get a little excited thinking about it our indoor winter series just ended :( & I'm missing it LOL

QuadJunkies
02-09-2004, 10:59 AM
I have seen others runs the 300ex shicks too, we tired it and it sucked sooo bad:o .......Basically what DM says about sums it up.....;)

BuB400
02-11-2004, 06:51 PM
Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

dirtmomma
02-11-2004, 07:14 PM
WEll besides the 300 shocks you can also run 250r ones they are shorter I guess & work pretty good. Hey QJ when you had them on did you guys crank the outside one all the way up & inside one all the way down?? Just curious, I was gonna try to run some 300 ones on our 400 next season BUT if it dont' work then we'll have to do something else, might have to snatch up a pair of R ones!!

QuadJunkies
02-12-2004, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
WEll besides the 300 shocks you can also run 250r ones they are shorter I guess & work pretty good. Hey QJ when you had them on did you guys crank the outside one all the way up & inside one all the way down?? Just curious, I was gonna try to run some 300 ones on our 400 next season BUT if it dont' work then we'll have to do something else, might have to snatch up a pair of R ones!! I dont remember how it was, Ill have to ask Troy how he set it up, but I do remember he was tippin all over the place with them on:eek: The stock shocks worked ALOT better IMO......