PDA

View Full Version : help dialing in suspension

ReconRider25
02-08-2004, 07:13 PM
yea i got a 400ex i ride mostly trails like railroads, powerlines, pipelines, and i was just wondering what so set my suspension at? itas stock suspension on a 400ex and im guessing i should have it dialed in more towards an xc setup? the trails i ride are pretty bumpy and i was just wondering if i can make it any smoother at high speeds then it is now stock from factory. im only a little guy so i weight about 120. thanks.

ZSK
02-08-2004, 07:40 PM
You shouldn't have a big problem with the stock shocks. I ran mine hard on the 300ex. If they aren't bottoming every once in a while then you're not using them enough. I went to works triple rates and that is exactley what I needed. The whoops are handled much better, the shocks along with shorter rear tires, 20 instead of 22's, helped get the weight on the back. I guess try setting the preload I've heard that it only affects the ride height and not the stiffness not sure anymore.

jdpdave
02-13-2004, 07:45 PM
if you put longer a arms on, with the stock shocks, the increased leverage ratio will give you a softer ride.

ReconRider25
02-13-2004, 10:40 PM
the shocks are ADJUSTIBLE. im wondering what settings to put them at.:confused: