PDA

View Full Version : trx vs the yfz dyno runs

bansheerider_13
02-08-2004, 07:12 PM
well here you go now no more fighting

http://www.gtthunder.com/TRX450R.html

Ralph
02-08-2004, 07:17 PM
so the honda has better power, more torque and is faster...

bansheerider_13
02-08-2004, 07:26 PM
not true the yfz has more hp the honda has more torque and there very close on the top end with only about 1-3 mph between the 2 so i would say its all going to come down to handling on which on is going to be the better bike

Ralph
02-08-2004, 07:32 PM
yeah yfz has the most hp when ur topped out bout to hit the revlimiter. the trx has it all throughout the powerband and has more of it...

Chanman420q
02-08-2004, 08:01 PM
i expected the honda to have more tourge... just the nature of a honda. look at the 400ex and the Z400, the Z makes more HP but the honda has like twice the bottom end, and runs much taller gearing

both bikes are impressive, but the only thing about the YFZ is, remove the lid, remove the spark aggressor and do the cam mod, which are all free mods, minus your time and 3 dollar main jet, boosts the yamaha up like 8 horses.

I love my honda but yamaha really did there homework on this one.

MOFO
02-09-2004, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Ralph
yeah yfz has the most hp when ur topped out bout to hit the revlimiter. the trx has it all throughout the powerband and has more of it...

Yep... I agree. Also, most people over look torque... The honda has more of it... most people dont understand that torque is what gets ya out of the hole (aka grunt) and that its just as important as HP....

Good link... hopefully this should keep everyone quiet... :D

seatec
02-09-2004, 08:25 AM
Yeah right MOFO. :D

SickSixD R
02-09-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by seatec
Yeah right MOFO. :D :blah:

bradley300
02-09-2004, 09:19 AM
the sped chart from 20mph up is way to close! definatly gonna be on the rider to make his bike faster.
you can always count on laz for the awesome dyno runs, check out his site, theres some cool charts over there.

wilkin250r
02-09-2004, 09:51 AM
Yeah, the Honda has more torque, but I'm looking at the entire powerband of the YFZ. That thing revs to the moon. It stays above 35 horse from 7500 to 10,500. That's impressive!

chevy71
02-09-2004, 12:22 PM
Are the rpm based graphs saying that the Honda falls off the face of the earth after 8400 rpm while the Yammy still revs to about 11000?

I'm not seeing why the Honda just stops with the graph line. To me it should follow the curve like the Yammy and decrease after peak numbers.

Just me. Maybe I'm missing something that I learned in high school about graphs.

James

MOFO
02-09-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by chevy71
Are the rpm based graphs saying that the Honda falls off the face of the earth after 8400 rpm while the Yammy still revs to about 11000?

I'm not seeing why the Honda just stops with the graph line. To me it should follow the curve like the Yammy and decrease after peak numbers.

Just me. Maybe I'm missing something that I learned in high school about graphs.

James

taken from the dyno page:

"The Honda was hitting the rev limiter at 9200 rpm, however on the runs below you will see the graph for the honda stop at 8400 rpm on all the runs that are based on rpm."

they go onto say this was caused by some type of double spark ignition... not familiar with that at all. Sounds to me like it was putting out "two" sparks for every revolution???

:confused: :confused:

anyone shed light on this?

Greg Z
02-09-2004, 01:44 PM
I see that these are AMAZING results because half the people that own yamahs say that it will some the TRX ( not trying to start any problems but... this is the truth no lieing about it ) Ok well most people that own the YFZ say that it will smoke it well. To me the dyno results Seem to me that the 450r make More HP on lower Rpms then the YFZ. the YFZ peak HP is 41 and the TRX is 40. The YFZ does not make as much HP in lower RPMS .. the power cruve of teh TRX looks nice and steady. The yfz's looks unsteady. The Torque on the TRX vs the YFZ .. the TRX has that beat by 4 pounds and makes more overall torque power then the YFZ. the speed of the TRX vs the YFZ the TRX has more speed but not by much and takes longer to get to that speed.

a YFZ uncorked certainly Doe not gain 8 HP by the way maybe 3.. a cam mod just shifts the power band around. There both good bikes but people want to beleive that it gets you that HP but it really doesnt... but when it all comes down to racing its rider.

MOFO
02-09-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Greg Z
but when it all comes down to racing its rider.

exactly!

chevy71
02-09-2004, 02:00 PM
MOFO

That was my question also. The double spark sounds to me like some kind of "MSD box" that throws multiple sparks at every power stroke, which I thought was a good thing (more complete burn).

Is the "double spark" a bad thing? Still confused about this.. Not sure why the dyno would not read power because the "double spark"?

James

jcv400ex
02-09-2004, 02:02 PM
The 450r Dirtwheels got must not have been jetted right then....did anyone see the dyno charts in the latest Dirtwheels? The Yami had more all over, from top to bottom. The 450r was down almost 3hp on top, and they said it lacked the midrange hit. Laz's numbers do not show that.....hmmmmm, just makes you wonder more about Dirtwheels. Where they properly setup for them, or something funny?????

400exr
02-09-2004, 02:06 PM
I Think the YFZ is a hell of a bike, but I also think that it is rated way too highly. I love the new TRX and 1 horse difference isn't all that much. Horsepower just burns holes in the ground, torque is what gets you going!:devil:

Greg Z
02-09-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
The 450r Dirtwheels got must not have been jetted right then....did anyone see the dyno charts in the latest Dirtwheels? The Yami had more all over, from top to bottom. The 450r was down almost 3hp on top, and they said it lacked the midrange hit. Laz's numbers do not show that.....hmmmmm, just makes you wonder more about Dirtwheels. Where they properly setup for them, or something funny?????

Naw jetting wasnt the problem it was who had the most money down which was the problem :rolleyes:

ReconRider25
02-09-2004, 03:54 PM
:rolleyes: .....alls i can say is the yfz is a 2 stroke wannabee.:p

bansheerider_13
02-09-2004, 07:58 PM
from my point of very it is still way to close to call with the numbers its going to be all rider no matter what

i wanna see one with the trx with the hrc kit and the yfz with the cam mod air box and baffels out

zfire_28
02-10-2004, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by ReconRider25
:rolleyes: .....alls i can say is the yfz is a 2 stroke wannabee.:p

what wrong wit dat?:blah: .......bing, bing, bing, bing, bing, bing