PDA

View Full Version : Trx 450R vs Predator

jf265
02-08-2004, 06:36 PM
I finshed breaking in my 450r today and me and my buddy lined my predator up against it. There was a little snow left on the ground. The 450 r smoked it. I drove both of them in the drag. I will have to see what happens when the ground is dry the predator could not get much traction while the trx got pretty good traction. But under these conditons the trx won easy.

rollie
02-08-2004, 06:42 PM
sweet!:D

buggle_96
02-08-2004, 06:45 PM
I dont know about that. Was it an 03? I have had an 03 and now have a 04 TLD predator and the 04's hooks up so much better but the adjusted rear shock and shortened swingarm. I could stick on most 450's by about a length when stock. And by the way everyone talks i think stock for stock the rpedator would beat the 450. Just my 2 cents.

Got nads?
02-08-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by buggle_96
I dont know about that. Was it an 03? I have had an 03 and now have a 04 TLD predator and the 04's hooks up so much better but the adjusted rear shock and shortened swingarm. I could stick on most 450's by about a length when stock. And by the way everyone talks i think stock for stock the rpedator would beat the 450. Just my 2 cents.

you nutz, boy?:blah:

400EXcrazy
02-08-2004, 07:02 PM
i am goin to trade my 400ex in for a pred and i think in top speed a pred would KILL a 450r

jf265
02-08-2004, 07:03 PM
It is an 03 model. Pure polaris pipe, k&n filter, and jetted. I thought the predator would run better then it did, and I think it will when it has better traction. I have beat many a bike dragging at little sahara with the predator. We shall see later how it does. Oh yea the trx is bone stock

buggle_96
02-08-2004, 07:05 PM
Nice reply there. I cleary see how it would lose thanks for explaining. LOL I think it would be a close race but i have yet to come across any so i cant tell any story's.

jf265
02-08-2004, 07:08 PM
Im not being partial to either one. I own both of them. My buddy spent most of the day on the 450 while I rode the predator.

buggle_96
02-08-2004, 07:08 PM
My last reply was for got nads. Yeah i got around pretty good at sahara with my 03. These 04s are wheelie happy but they do hook up great. Many 4th and 5th gear wheelies. Love my predators, and if i had my choice i would take the R over the yammy if i didnt have a predator. I like the dual oil system.

Got nads?
02-08-2004, 07:13 PM
Sorry, my bro has a YFZ and when it was stock he raced a predator with a pipe and won every time. I admit it was probably a 03 pred, but winning is winning(Fast and Furious).

Maxx_Action
02-08-2004, 08:37 PM
Hey guys...

If the TRX will keep up with the YFZ, the the TRX will smoke the predator. I have raced a few, with the same result everytime. % or 6 lengths at the end of 300 feet pullin away. TRX's shouldn't have to sweat the pred in a drag, or on the track...

Maxx

86atc250r
02-08-2004, 10:21 PM
I've ridden a piped Predator, although it's been a few months - I don't think a Predator would stand a chance against a 450R. Stock for stock or piped Predator vs stock 450R.

Although sometimes drag race results will surprise you, the Predator didn't "feel" nearly as strong to me anyways.

QuadJunkies
02-09-2004, 12:28 AM
I dont know on this one......:confused: Ill be findng out here VERY soon, ALOT has to do with rider, all these Drag stories is really hard to decide who is faster....... I would have to differ IMO in top speed, I think 450r will eat the Predator off the line thanks to that bottom end issue:rolleyes: the Predator has top speed over the YFZ in OVERALL speed only by a liitle bit. I guess it depended on what drag we were talkin ....Short drag, Prol the Honda.n top speed, I would still have to say the Predator. I cant wait to see how they all compare draggin up the BIG sand dunes this summer!1 Im hoping to get some good rides to line them up and See!!!:blah: Im just gald to see that was have some VERY SWEET choicesnowdays to choose from, something that will sui t most peoples needs.......:) ;)

4FIDDYRHRC
02-09-2004, 03:14 AM
AHHH! fooey i rode a predator and i thought it was slow and check out the weight of the thing. it wouldn't even wheelie easy and i tried!!:o

86atc250r
02-09-2004, 07:46 AM
Junkies - The TRX is somewhat taller geared than the YFZ, FWIW.

My experience is mostly from a 300' dirt drag standpoint. I don't see much point in long drags since it really only exposes top speed capablities.

QuadJunkies
02-09-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by 4FIDDYRHRC
AHHH! fooey i rode a predator and i thought it was slow and check out the weight of the thing. it wouldn't even wheelie easy and i tried!!:o come on. You cant actually say a Predaotr is SLOW:rolleyes: and mean it,they are in an OVERALL TOP SPEED run faster than a YFZ:huh so how can that be slow?????? The bottom end isnt as great as the other contenderes, but it flat out hauls in mid range!:blah: Too bad you didnt live closer to me, I would show you a fast Predator.......:D It is heavier, but I personally dont feel the weight too much when riding it, 86 atc250R~~~~ What was you referring to on the TRX gearing????? Were you referring to overall TOP speed?? Sorry, I lost ya on that one........;)

86atc250r
02-09-2004, 12:02 PM
Yes, the TRX is geared overall taller than the YFZ and should have a higher top speed.

I've got a gearing calculator for a TRX450R where you can see the difference, but I've got to update the primary reduction to make it accurate (it actually shows the TRX gearing to be lower than it really is).

I'll agree, a Predator is by no means slow.

QuadJunkies
02-09-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by 86atc250r
Yes, the TRX is geared overall taller than the YFZ and should have a higher top speed.

I've got a gearing calculator for a TRX450R where you can see the difference, but I've got to update the primary reduction to make it accurate (it actually shows the TRX gearing to be lower than it really is).

I'll agree, a Predator is by no means slow. SWEET! I cant wait to see them out at the track, I did see them compete on ice and the TRX didint do well at all:( but it was by no means set up for ice also.....I think we are going to see some great racing with these two quads this summer.....:macho

jf265
02-09-2004, 02:33 PM
Hey quadjunkies how do you like that wiseco piston in your predator? Im thinking about doing some mods to pretty much run it in sand drags. Also how do you like the vortex cdi?

bama400ex
02-09-2004, 05:30 PM
well i usally dont bother but man this is getting old. so people think the predator is slow? i dont know about the sand dunes and up big steep hills cause ive never even seen any sand dunes. but where traction aint to big of an issuse ( ice, mud) the stock predator is pretty mean. i dont know why anybody would even race uphill? lol. but anyways put a predator on something it can hook up on and line it up against the off brand 450's lol. and please post the results, honestly. there must either be alot of riders out there that dont know how to hook up a predator or alot of liars, i cant figure it out. but anyways if anybody in around the northeast alabama has a new 450r look me up. id love to get a chance just to see which one is faster. my predator is totally bone stock. we might even put a little money on it if you want to. and if you people want to flame, flame away it dont bother me. im not trying to be a know it all or cocky. im just tired of people putting down the predator and saying its slow. they either cant ride or never ridden one. oh and for the record i actually like the new yamaha and honda so some of this post is to be taken in good humor so you cry babies dont get your pantys in a wad.;) but what do you say stock 450r owners. $500 for a 300 yard or 1/8 mile drag race on pavement? or we can do it for free take your pic. and we will for sure post results. oh one more thing, the guy that said the predator wont wheelie is on drugs.

exrider44
02-09-2004, 08:35 PM
Polaris should stick with 4wheel drives...hahahha :devil:

QuadJunkies
02-09-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by bama400ex
well i usally dont bother but man this is getting old. so people think the predator is slow? i dont know about the sand dunes and up big steep hills cause ive never even seen any sand dunes. but where traction aint to big of an issuse ( ice, mud) the stock predator is pretty mean. i dont know why anybody would even race uphill? lol. but anyways put a predator on something it can hook up on and line it up against the off brand 450's lol. and please post the results, honestly. there must either be alot of riders out there that dont know how to hook up a predator or alot of liars, i cant figure it out. but anyways if anybody in around the northeast alabama has a new 450r look me up. id love to get a chance just to see which one is faster. my predator is totally bone stock. we might even put a little money on it if you want to. and if you people want to flame, flame away it dont bother me. im not trying to be a know it all or cocky. im just tired of people putting down the predator and saying its slow. they either cant ride or never ridden one. oh and for the record i actually like the new yamaha and honda so some of this post is to be taken in good humor so you cry babies dont get your pantys in a wad.;) but what do you say stock 450r owners. $500 for a 300 yard or 1/8 mile drag race on pavement? or we can do it for free take your pic. and we will for sure post results. oh one more thing, the guy that said the predator wont wheelie is on drugs. :blah: all I know is my ole man was THE ONLY Predaotr and took 4th in the B class this year at the WORCS race in Cali!! Had he not banged up with a pro class rider, my money was on him that he would have taken 2nd:blah: thers always this year and its pullin ALOT harder this year!!:macho Im ordering a set of Kenda Claws for it next week or so, I TOTALLY loved them on my EX . jf265~~~ Actually its getting broke in this wk end with the new mods, we needed one lat minute replacement part that wasnt planned:( but as far as the CDI, its worth the $$$ I strongly encourage anyone to buy one........ Ill let you know how it rides this wk end ans some pics to go along with it.......;)

twisted threads
02-10-2004, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
:blah: all I know is my ole man was THE ONLY Predaotr and took 4th in the B class this year at the WORCS race in Cali!!

Just think if he was on a honda he would have probley won the race.:blah: :D

4FIDDYRHRC
02-10-2004, 01:36 AM
I did't say it wouldn't wheelie i just said it was hard on one. i guess i'm used to my 99 banshee and getting used to my new trx450r.. and they felt sluggish of the line. imo:D

r450rr
02-10-2004, 01:40 AM
i have to give the predator credit, its tops in stock drags. except for the yfz, and now 450R

bama400ex
02-10-2004, 08:34 AM
well i figured several people would jump on this chance. maybe nobody close enough by has seen it yet. ive read on another board that a guy owns both and said the 450r is quicker. i havent even seen a 450r yet but the offer still stands. so whos gonna come down here and make this easy $500? :)

bama400ex
02-10-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by 4FIDDYRHRC
I did't say it wouldn't wheelie i just said it was hard on one. i guess i'm used to my 99 banshee and getting used to my new trx450r.. and they felt sluggish of the line. imo:D yea it is a bit different to do a wheelie on a predator. it seems no matter how good you have air pressure setup or which way the crown in the road is, it still wants to pull to the right at about 55mph. i cant figure it out.

QuadJunkies
02-10-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by twisted threads
Just think if he was on a honda he would have probley won the race.:blah: :D LOL!!!oh, your Funny Ryan!!:p :blah: He LOVES a Honda, but the minute he sat on his Preddy he knew this was the quad for him;)

NDpredator
02-10-2004, 10:57 AM
Well now it's my turn to flame about what you guys think of the predator. First off I've owned my predator since december of 2002 and never had a single problem with it. Well now let's get to racing. I love racing people, so i've raced every thing I can, including banshees, ds650's, yami 450's, raptors and will tell you that i've only lost one time and that was to a lt250r with a KX500 dirtbike engine in it. For you 450 lovers i'm sure you're not gonna believe me, but i raced them over and over with the same outcome, me by 1-3 quad lengths (when i only had a pipe) in 300 ft. Also i beat them from the line all the way through. I don't know if some of you others with predators just can't launch all that well, but i've never had anyone beat me off the line before so i'm not sure about this whole no bottom end thing. I love the looks of the new honda too, but I know when i come across the first one i see that i'll race him and show him who's top dog too. Now let's get onto wheelies. This quad loves to wheelie. You don't need to pop the clutch or jerk up on it either. I've rode wheelies on this thing since day 1 and never ever had a problem doing so and mine is an 03 model. Now you guys can flame me and say i'm full of it or whatever you want to say, but i'll race anyone anyday, so if you're ever around Minot, North Dakota let me know. Also my buddy is getting a digital camcorder soon so this summer i'll put some vids on the net of me beating every 450 (yami or honda) that i come across. HAHAHAHAHAHA FLAME ME NOW!!!!!!

DERRICK

QuadJunkies
02-10-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by NDpredator
Well now it's my turn to flame about what you guys think of the predator. First off I've owned my predator since december of 2002 and never had a single problem with it. Well now let's get to racing. I love racing people, so i've raced every thing I can, including banshees, ds650's, yami 450's, raptors and will tell you that i've only lost one time and that was to a lt250r with a KX500 dirtbike engine in it. For you 450 lovers i'm sure you're not gonna believe me, but i raced them over and over with the same outcome, me by 1-3 quad lengths (when i only had a pipe) in 300 ft. Also i beat them from the line all the way through. I don't know if some of you others with predators just can't launch all that well, but i've never had anyone beat me off the line before so i'm not sure about this whole no bottom end thing. I love the looks of the new honda too, but I know when i come across the first one i see that i'll race him and show him who's top dog too. Now let's get onto wheelies. This quad loves to wheelie. You don't need to pop the clutch or jerk up on it either. I've rode wheelies on this thing since day 1 and never ever had a problem doing so and mine is an 03 model. Now you guys can flame me and say i'm full of it or whatever you want to say, but i'll race anyone anyday, so if you're ever around Minot, North Dakota let me know. Also my buddy is getting a digital camcorder soon so this summer i'll put some vids on the net of me beating every 450 (yami or honda) that i come across. HAHAHAHAHAHA FLAME ME NOW!!!!!!

DERRICK :eek: :o easy there....... LMAO........you know. that is something I dont have:huh . I dont think I have ONE SINGLE pic of Troy doing Wheelies on it????? Im goig to have to fix that!!!:blah:

NDpredator
02-10-2004, 11:12 AM
Yeah Tina I got going there for a while, but i'm good now. I don't really have any pics of me doing wheelies either, but i do have a few vids. I'll have to fix that too, maybe this summer when we're down there at St. A's i'll get a pic of me and troy doing them side by side!!!

derrick

Maxx_Action
02-10-2004, 11:12 AM

DERRICK

Wow...

I guess that course on how to win friends and influence people really worked for you huh? http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/d/saywhat.gif

Maxx

DESDAK4
02-10-2004, 11:14 AM
I'm the buddy and I guess I will have to go get that camera faster than I thought so some of this can be shown. Hopefully we will run into a 450R this year. Just so everyone knows I love QUADS period I really don't care what brand as long as people ride but I have yet seen NDpredator even come close to geting beat by anything short of a hand built monster.

NDpredator, you should see the video of a V that is set up just like mine will be taking out all comers.

Jay
USAF
AMMO

NDpredator
02-10-2004, 11:16 AM
yeah that course sure did work for me:D I didn't write that post to make people like me, but I wanted to get my point across to everyone that doesn't believe polaris can make a great sport quad like they did, and to everyone that believes it is too slow and heavy. My post won't change peoples opinion, but atleast they will know.

derrick

NDpredator
02-10-2004, 11:19 AM
hey Maxx_Action: I'm just curious if you're planning on making it to St. Anthony's dunes this summer with alot of us others. If you are, your 450 with all those mods would make a great victim for the predator of mine. I'll even make a video of it to post on here to show how fast a predator can be!!!!!!!!!!:blah: :blah:

derrick

Maxx_Action
02-10-2004, 11:22 AM
yeah that course sure did work for me:D I didn't write that post to make people like me, but I wanted to get my point across to everyone that doesn't believe polaris can make a great sport quad like they did, and to everyone that believes it is too slow and heavy. My post won't change peoples opinion, but atleast they will know.

derrick

Hey...

I like the Pred. I almost bought one, then a guy here decided to sell his YFZ that was only a month old so I got it instead. The ones I have raced have not been nearly as modded as yours, which I am sure makes a huge difference. I think any of the preds I have raced didn't have great drag racers on them either, which is something that I do very well (been draggin bikes since I was about 13) anyway, I doubt I would come all that way to smoke your pred, but who knows?! J/K!! http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/_950/guitar.gif

Maxx

86atc250r
02-10-2004, 11:24 AM
but i've never had anyone beat me off the line before so i'm not sure about this whole no bottom end thing.

You're not the guy on ATV connection that was posting videos of beating other quads by jumping the gun are you? :eek: :D

Honestly - Over the spring, summer, and fall, we raced almost every weekend at a 300' strip with a real timing system. Piped Predators were fast, but they certainly weren't consistantly the fastest thing there.

Maybe yours is some sort of an exception or it's not stock?

From what I've seen, a piped Predator is maybe somewhere in the realm of a STOCK 450 or a Cannondale with the right rider.

The power developed by the one I rode seems to confirm this observation.

NDpredator
02-10-2004, 11:27 AM
Yeah i have nothing against that yami of yours either!!!!! They are an awesome bike and I know that with your mods you are damn fast. Yeah I love drag racing too, plus i ride a crotch rocket and race taht all the time too so i'm sure that helps. Keep it shiny side up:D

derrick

Maxx_Action
02-10-2004, 11:28 AM
hey Maxx_Action: I'm just curious if you're planning on making it to St. Anthony's dunes this summer with alot of us others. If you are, your 450 with all those mods would make a great victim for the predator of mine. I'll even make a video of it to post on here to show how fast a predator can be!!!!!!!!!!:blah: :blah:

derrick

Hee Hee!

By that time I will hopefully have my porting done, a New CDI, and higher compression, If I beat you you can't start crying or anyting though, ok? http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/q/bawling.gif http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/q/weep.gif J/K http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/r/biggrinjester.gif

Maxx

NDpredator
02-10-2004, 11:30 AM
You're not the guy on ATV connection that was posting videos of beating other quads by jumping the gun are you? :eek: :D

Honestly - Over the spring, summer, and fall, we raced almost every weekend at a 300' strip with a real timing system. Piped Predators were fast, but they certainly weren't consistantly the fastest thing there.

Maybe yours is some sort of an exception or it's not stock?

From what I've seen, a piped Predator is somewhere in the realm of a STOCK 450 or a Cannondale.

The power developed by the one I rode seems to confirm this observation.

No i've never been on ATVconnection and if you read my post you would see that i have no way of putting vids on the net. Also i don't move until i see them start to go, just to give em a chance!!!!!!:blah:

derrick

NDpredator
02-10-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Maxx_Action
Hee Hee!

By that time I will hopefully have my porting done, a New CDI, and higher compression, If I beat you you can't start crying or anyting though, ok? http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/q/bawling.gif http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/q/weep.gif J/K http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/r/biggrinjester.gif

Maxx

Yeah i'm already starting to cry just thinking about the loss!!!!!! I know you would be one good race with those mods and who knows what would happen, all i know is it would be FUN!!!!!! maybe someday, LOL. What kind of power are you putting out now with your mods or will you be after porting and CDI???

derrick

Maxx_Action
02-10-2004, 11:39 AM
Yeah i'm already starting to cry just thinking about the loss!!!!!! I know you would be one good race with those mods and who knows what would happen, all i know is it would be FUN!!!!!! maybe someday, LOL. What kind of power are you putting out now with your mods or will you be after porting and CDI???

derrick

Ehhh...

not real sure, but by most people's dynoe's with these current mods probably right at 50 or a little over. With porting, and compression It should get 55, and the torque should go up by 6 or 7 ft lbs so that is where it will really make a difference. Can't wait...

Maxx

NDpredator
02-10-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Maxx_Action
Ehhh...

not real sure, but by most people's dynoe's with these current mods probably right at 50 or a little over. With porting, and compression It should get 55, and the torque should go up by 6 or 7 ft lbs so that is where it will really make a difference. Can't wait...

Maxx

yeah it sounds like that thing is gonna be real fast and a handful for the competition. Well have fun with it, and don't embarass people too bad in those drags!!!!!!:D

derrick

4punksdad
02-10-2004, 12:06 PM
I have spent a little time on a predator...........and it didn't feel near as fast as my 450R. After spending some quality time on the R last weekend I have found that this bike LOVES to rev to the moon. I will compare the power to a smoother feeling cannondale with better stock ergonomics, suspension and handling.

To me the predator felt more like a slightly faster Z-400.

86atc250r
02-10-2004, 12:10 PM
Sounds like you got the same feeling as I did 4punks.

That's almost exactly how I've been explaining the 450r power to friends that haven't ridden it yet.

4punksdad
02-10-2004, 12:14 PM
Sounds like you got the same feeling as I did 4punks.

That's almost exactly how I've been explaining the 450r power to friends that haven't ridden it yet.

so you got yours?

cool........
its kinda tough to keep my friends off mine :p

so far I have had 6 different friends throw a leg over the seat & run it. All came away impressed and smiling:D

QuadJunkies
02-10-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by 4punksdad
I have spent a little time on a predator...........and it didn't feel near as fast as my 450R. After spending some quality time on the R last weekend I have found that this bike LOVES to rev to the moon. I will compare the power to a smoother feeling cannondale with better stock ergonomics, suspension and handling.

To me the predator felt more like a slightly faster Z-400. Z400?????? Oh please...... I give up.........

DESDAK4
02-10-2004, 12:24 PM
QJ, I don't believe this one can be won. My old EX would take a Z400 and NDpredator could let me go and get to second gear before he left and would still kill my bike.

Jay
USAF
AMMO

QuadJunkies
02-10-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by DESDAK4
QJ, I don't believe this one can be won. My old EX would take a Z400 and NDpredator could let me go and get to second gear before he left and would still kill my bike.

Jay
USAF
AMMO I know, thats ok;) We all have our favorites and I really dont give a chit whos faster in a drag anyhow.We all know it rider more less anyhow....... I cant wiat until you all come down this summer duning!! I cant wait to make some vids!!!!:blah:

DESDAK4
02-10-2004, 12:37 PM
Yeah, see shifting has been a problem for lately do to some wrist troubles. He won't let me even try to leave early with the V:D .

June is going to be flat awsome. I was just out looking at video cameras this weekend.

Jay
USAF
AMMO

NDpredator
02-10-2004, 12:55 PM
Yeah i'm done trying to talk about the pred in this thread too. Some people are clueless and are so set on one thing that they will never understand.

Well i can't wait to get to the dunes this summer so until then later!!!!!!!!!!!

derrick

twisted threads
02-10-2004, 01:11 PM
Yeah, see shifting has been a problem for lately do to some wrist troubles. He won't let me even try to leave early with the V:D .

June is going to be flat awsome. I was just out looking at video cameras this weekend.

Jay
USAF
AMMO

Those V force's are awsome when they get pipes and stuff like that. I seen one at the dunes that was holding his own on the drag hill.

Derrick looks and sounds like you have a fast ride. How much Hp do you think your getting out of your Pred? By the way If I can make it over there in June I have a bike that will be up for the race at Thunder Mt.;) :cool:

DESDAK4
02-10-2004, 01:23 PM
I love my V-Force and it should do more than hold its own at the dunes against quads with normal mods. I mean once someone opens the motor it's a whole new game.

NDpredator's bike is fast. I know dynos are kinda wierd and not always great for the right number but his dynoed out at like 51 with just the pipe at the dealer he got it from. I do know he is an honest guy and gives credit where credit is due. I can't wait to see his Pred move after that 558 kit goes in.

It looks like you have two bikes that would be ready for some racing.

Jay
USAF
AMMO

NDpredator
02-10-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by twisted threads
Derrick looks and sounds like you have a fast ride. How much Hp do you think your getting out of your Pred? By the way If I can make it over there in June I have a bike that will be up for the race at Thunder Mt.;) :cool:

Yeah if you make it over there we will have to line em up!!!!! That 350 PV you have will hold it's own against anybody, so that would probably be interesting, but i know it would be fun nomatter what.

Honestly by the time I make it down there to St. A's in June i'm hoping to be around 60hp or so. To me the HP doesn't really matter, but just overall performance is the most important thing to me. Once i get it put back together I'll let ya know how she runs!!!!!!:blah:

derrick

4punksdad
02-10-2004, 04:05 PM
Yeah i'm done trying to talk about the pred in this thread too. Some people are clueless and are so set on one thing that they will never understand.

Well i can't wait to get to the dunes this summer so until then later!!!!!!!!!!!

derrick

who are you calling clueless? I am not the one who bought a polaris.:macho

86atc250r
02-10-2004, 04:11 PM
Doh! :eek:

I do believe that was a slam NDPredator....

Yes, 4punks - I picked mine up on Friday.

More power & better delivery than I expected after all the crap on the boards & rags. Pleasantly surprised.

4punksdad
02-10-2004, 04:35 PM
Doh! :eek:

I do believe that was a slam NDPredator....

Yes, 4punks - I picked mine up on Friday.

More power & better delivery than I expected after all the crap on the boards & rags. Pleasantly surprised.

not a slam.............just the facts as I see them.:p

Predator38
02-10-2004, 05:47 PM
man you must have a PHD for a brilliant come back like that....:rolleyes:

unbiased
02-10-2004, 06:21 PM
Let me set all of you straight. I own a YFZ450.
my brother has a Predator with a pipe, and Vortex ignition.

My YFZ was stock last time we raced. We raced on pavement, the Predator was a little quicker thru the gears, and considerably faster on Top speed.

So I guess TRX 450s and YZF450s are slow???????

4punksdad
02-10-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Predator38
man you must have a PHD for a brilliant come back like that....:rolleyes:

LOL..............no................but I crack me up too. Its ok to laugh at my comments. Hey I just noticed your signature. You ride for team Polaris?:huh

r450rr
02-10-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by unbiased
Let me set all of you straight. I own a YFZ450.
my brother has a Predator with a pipe, and Vortex ignition.

My YFZ was stock last time we raced. We raced on pavement, the Predator was a little quicker thru the gears, and considerably faster on Top speed.

So I guess TRX 450s and YZF450s are slow???????

quicker through the gears..lol,... :o .. did they switch.. sounds alot like a rider not machine... stock yfz's will outrun a predator in a 300ft drag with ease, i have seen it to many times to think differnetly.. and if the trx is close to the yfz. then it will be victorious as well

DESDAK4
02-10-2004, 09:27 PM
I do believe you two are taking this if I use a :D then I can be a **** if I want. I mean what does it really matter who wins what race? You guys may be fast there and the other guy may be fast here. It sounds to me that you guys think if you own it o r your buddy owns it then it is the best and what everyone else has is junk. I mean you could argue all day and night but until you can get together and run them, who cares and why bother? We just talking about how things are here that is all. You guys sure seem to enjoy trying to drive people out of here that have really enjoyed this sight for a very long time.:D :D that is all I have in this post and there are my little faces.

Jay
USAF
AMMO

4punksdad
02-10-2004, 09:43 PM
I do believe you two are taking this if I use a :D then I can be a **** if I want. I mean what does it really matter who wins what race? You guys may be fast there and the other guy may be fast here. It sounds to me that you guys think if you own it o r your buddy owns it then it is the best and what everyone else has is junk. I mean you could argue all day and night but until you can get together and run them, who cares and why bother? We just talking about how things are here that is all. You guys sure seem to enjoy trying to drive people out of here that have really enjoyed this sight for a very long time.:D :D that is all I have in this post and there are my little faces.

Jay
USAF
AMMO

relax............nobody is driving anyone anywhere...............we have all been drinking. Now HAND OVER THOSE KEYS:macho

QuadJunkies
02-10-2004, 11:46 PM
relax............nobody is driving anyone anywhere...............we have all been drinking. Now HAND OVER THOSE KEYS:macho LOL!!!! Ok to enlighten all this, I went and saw the dynos that GTThunder had. WOW that honda has some SWEET #'s!!!:eek2: :cool: Im sad to say........... My Honda just went back into the shop today....:( looks like maybe Tranny issues:eek:

All under Warrenty........:D Glad I bought an Ext Warrenty.....;) Ever heard of Shift fork issues on a Honda??? This blew my mind!! Hope its something else, Ill find out in a day or so........

86atc250r
02-11-2004, 12:11 AM
No shift fork issue, but I did break 3rd gear in one of my EX's.

However, was to be expected - that engine endured an extremely hard life & lasted much longer than it should have in the first place. It broke at a 100 mile endurance race, but she kept on keeping on and allowed me and my team mate to overall the event :).

QuadJunkies
02-11-2004, 12:17 AM
No shift fork issue, but I did break 3rd gear in one of my EX's.

However, was to be expected - that engine endured an extremely hard life & lasted much longer than it should have in the first place. It broke at a 100 mile endurance race, but she kept on keeping on and allowed me and my team mate to overall the event :). Gabe, any ideas what else could be causing my first gear to pop into nuetral? I can be totally positive that its in 1st then let out the clutch, and it goes into nuetral:confused: . Then put er back into 1st again and after once or twice its fine.. They thought it sounded like mabe shift fork or a few other things, but didint specify... Im a bag of nerves worrying what could be wrong. I race on the 20,21 and 22nd :(

bama400ex
02-11-2004, 05:29 PM
wow a predator feels like a slighty faster z400 lol. maybe you should say a slighty faster yfz450. yes thats the results i get, flame away. maybe my predator is just some kind of factory freak. if the trx is not faster than the yfz one will be in touble if it lines up against me. but i dont know which is faster between the honda and the yamaha. the offer still stands for all you almighty 450r owners ;) . thats all, flame away.

4punksdad
02-11-2004, 06:17 PM
wow a predator feels like a slighty faster z400 lol. maybe you should say a slighty faster yfz450. yes thats the results i get, flame away. maybe my predator is just some kind of factory freak. if the trx is not faster than the yfz one will be in touble if it lines up against me. but i dont know which is faster between the honda and the yamaha. the offer still stands for all you almighty 450r owners ;) . thats all, flame away.

no thanks...............if you bought a Polaris you are already at a disadvantage for an intellectual battle with me.

:o

bama400ex
02-11-2004, 06:35 PM
uh ok, an intellectual batlle? i thought we was talking about drag raceing my old pos polaris against hondas latest and greatest. good call on your part on trying to change the subject. ;) i bet when i get a chance to race a trx450r the owner might feel stupid that he could get an 04 pred. for $4900 otd. maybe whoever i race will have a helmet cam to show that they never did really have a chance. :devil:

4punksdad
02-11-2004, 06:46 PM
uh ok, an intellectual batlle? i thought we was talking about drag raceing my old pos polaris against hondas latest and greatest. good call on your part on trying to change the subject. ;) i bet when i get a chance to race a trx450r the owner might feel stupid that he could get an 04 pred. for $4900 otd. maybe whoever i race will have a helmet cam to show that they never did really have a chance. :devil:

lol.............are we still talking about a predator beating anything other than a 400ex?:p
somebody please close this thread.:macho

4punksdad
02-11-2004, 06:48 PM
i bet when i get a chance to race a trx450r the owner might feel stupid that he could get an 04 pred. for $4900 otd.

how much you wanna bet?

I'll go double or nothing that you feel more stupid after the race for posting this reply in this thread.

bama400ex
02-11-2004, 06:49 PM
no need in closeing this thread. its all in fun. ;) but i know some people take the internet way to serious and get all excited :D

4punksdad
02-11-2004, 06:51 PM
no need in closeing this thread. its all in fun. ;) but i know some people take the internet way to serious and get all excited :D

lol.........i agree...........its all in good fun. Thanks for the battle.;)

bama400ex
02-11-2004, 06:51 PM
how much you wanna bet?

I'll go double or nothing that you feel more stupid after the race for posting this reply in this thread. uh hello, i wanna bet $500. it would bet more but im a poor sob. thats why i ride a predator.

4punksdad
02-11-2004, 07:07 PM
ok..........or you can add a zero or 2 if you like. :)

danyeo
02-11-2004, 09:15 PM
I have never rode a Predator. I rode a Z, Raptor, modded 400ex, and i ride the Dale. You guys seem insulted if the Predator is compared with the Z. I think the Z is pretty quick. The one i rode did have a Trinity full system, jetted , and no air box and it was dialed in good. The one thing about the Predator is the weight. I bet it makes around the same HP as the TRX450r and the YFZ but it weighs what? 60 more pounds. STOCK VERSUS STOCK i don't see it being any threat to the TRX or YFZ, of course right now i am going off my opinion.

bama400ex
02-11-2004, 09:53 PM
yea they do weigh more. i wish gt thunder had a dyno graph for the predator. people say the predator has no torque, but id be willing to bet it has more than both the trx and yfz. just not at real low rpm. and if you people want a lady like silky smooth powerband im sure the honda fits you perfect i dont know. i kinda like a hard hitting mid range myself. im not for sure on the gear ratios of the yfz450 but they seem alot closer than a predator. a predators is pretty wide. especially 5th. thats why i think they have more torque. when i raced a yfz450 he was winding quick and going thru the gears real fast. but my predator just kept pulling on him. maybe thats why people are always saying the predator gets smoked in the dunes uphill. cause if the yfz450 is geared closer and the predator just aint got that much torque to make up for it. :confused: i dunno thats just what i think. im not even for sure the yfz is geared closer but they sure seem like it. im bout to see if i can find the ratios for them.

chevy71
02-12-2004, 09:46 AM
On my ex the 5th gear is a 1:1 ratio whereas my brothers 02 Pred has a 0.9:1 (i think) 5th gear ratio. That figure may be off but I do remember reading in his owners manual that the Pred has less than a 1:1 5th ratio.

NDpredator
02-12-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by chevy71
On my ex the 5th gear is a 1:1 ratio whereas my brothers 02 Pred has a 0.9:1 (i think) 5th gear ratio. That figure may be off but I do remember reading in his owners manual that the Pred has less than a 1:1 5th ratio.

The first year of the pred is 03 so you might need to think about what year your bros quad is.

derrick

chevy71
02-12-2004, 11:51 AM
Crap.. Brain fart. It's an 03. He bought it May 03. Good catch.

James

Trxcrazy
04-13-2006, 10:29 AM
yep final decision on 450r vs. pred.... the pred will beat anything out there..i hate to admit it but its true...its no comparison if you dont unload it from the bed of the truck. i rode one and it felt weak but i know your stock one has 30 more horsepower than the stock one i rode....weird????

450rJam
04-13-2006, 04:47 PM
hmmmmmm for someone who races all the time I would think it would be easy to find a 450r to race, they are all over the place
the pred would be the harder race to find because they are not as popular and when I do see them its a 80 year old man shooting geritol and popping viagra riding it.
just buy a 450r and get adrinalin rush and instant wood.
my 06 w/hrc killed several piped pred at little sahara this weekend
preds are good quads but dont be so foolish to think its in the same class as the yfz/450r

Dale Szydlowski
04-13-2006, 06:00 PM
put FARR or GUST or NATALIE or BYRD or SPADER on a preditor would they be who they are today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

danniheyj82888
04-13-2006, 06:54 PM
all i can say is my 06 450r w/ hrc and exhaust will smoke a predator.. hands down

Prey
04-14-2006, 09:44 AM
^^^ i am glad yours will woooo glad we got that out of the way....

funny though, i actually own an 04 Predator (stock), 04 trx450 (nothing is stock with much motor work) and an 06 trx450er (almost all aftermarket with HRC, sparks BC and sparks filter)

^^^ thats in addition to my 1986 310R and 1986 LT250R

another thing i see as funny is the weight difference between the 250R and 450R is about the same as the weight difference between the 450R and predator...

does that make the 450R a heavy POS too???

speed wise, my 04 450 is the quickest, followed by the 06 which is closely followed by the Predator..... yep, i am sure, no smoke job going on there, even my 310 wasnt a ton faster than my predator.

one of these days i will put my yoshi system back on the pred, open the air box back up and put the K&N back in, i am not posotive, but i think i will have 2 beaten 450R's

further more, my biggest regret is that after 14-15K in my 06 450R, i should have bought an 06 predator

450rJam
04-14-2006, 10:33 AM
I was checking your web page and see the 250r and the pred.
why are there no pics of the 450's ?
I am wondering what a 450r with 7k of upgrades looks like
and what did you spend it on ?
your saying you think your pred with the listed mods will
beat a 06 450r with $7,000 in mods ?
im assuming you gave around 7 for it so to hit your numbers
you would drop 7 or 8 back into it.
please post pic of this 15k 450r that you fear is going to get beat by a pred.

Prey
04-14-2006, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by 450rJam
I was checking your web page and see the 250r and the pred.
why are there no pics of the 450's ?
I am wondering what a 450r with 7k of upgrades looks like
and what did you spend it on ?
your saying you think your pred with the listed mods will
beat a 06 450r with $7,000 in mods ?
im assuming you gave around 7 for it so to hit your numbers
you would drop 7 or 8 back into it.
please post pic of this 15k 450r that you fear is going to get beat by a pred.

here is my 04

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c156/kstanka/DSC00634.jpg

i dont have pics of the 06 yet, but i will take them just for you today and post pics of the 06 tonight, or you could just ask the owner of this site if i own what i say i own

and if you want a mod list for the 06...

hrc kit
sparks BC
sparks filter
shamrock beadlocks
razr2 fronts
holeshot xc rears
steel brake line
vortect sprockets
rk x ring chain
bysen quick shot
zip ty
houser +2 stem
laegers clamp
flexx bar
cycra hand guards
pro design kill
crf kill switch (for a start button)
W.E.R dampner
laegers LT a-arms
Axis full adjustable LT shocks
n-style gripper seat
noss case saver
pro armour fat peg ners
pro armour xc bumper
prm grab bar
prm skids
durablue hubs
rtc quick adjust clutch

and i am sure i am forgetting stuff, and in case you need help doing the math, thats nearly 5K just for shocks, a-arms, tires/wheels and exhaust

JIMTED79
04-14-2006, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Prey
^^^ i am glad yours will woooo glad we got that out of the way....

funny though, i actually own an 04 Predator (stock), 04 trx450 (nothing is stock with much motor work) and an 06 trx450er (almost all aftermarket with HRC, sparks BC and sparks filter)

^^^ thats in addition to my 1986 310R and 1986 LT250R

another thing i see as funny is the weight difference between the 250R and 450R is about the same as the weight difference between the 450R and predator...

does that make the 450R a heavy POS too???

speed wise, my 04 450 is the quickest, followed by the 06 which is closely followed by the Predator..... yep, i am sure, no smoke job going on there, even my 310 wasnt a ton faster than my predator.

one of these days i will put my yoshi system back on the pred, open the air box back up and put the K&N back in, i am not posotive, but i think i will have 2 beaten 450R's

further more, my biggest regret is that after 14-15K in my 06 450R, i should have bought an 06 predator

Your crazy!!! My friend has a pred and we ride all the time. When I first bought my 05 450R stock I beat him, then we both got exhaust,filters,jet kits and I beat him even worse. The weight difference is there but the pred is 50cc bigger. If they were any good wouldnt the pros be riding them?

Prey
04-14-2006, 12:22 PM
here is another pic of my 04 450R, i have since added the houser +2 stam and antivibe clamp, oh ya, and i just got my sparks BC for the 04 as well along with a couple new CP pistons

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c156/kstanka/DSC00635.jpg

here are a couple i just snapped of the 06, you may notice it has hipers on it, stock sprocket, hubs and missing the skid plate, i blew my 04 up at the budds creeek nationals a couple weekends ago and made some changes to the 06 to race mx last weekend.

so yes, here is the 14-15K 450R that i think would get its arse handed to it by a pred with airbox mod, pipe and filter. by the way, my 100% stock predator dyno'd at 45.8hp on mobile dyno's machine

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c156/kstanka/DSC00905.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c156/kstanka/DSC00903.jpg

Prey
04-14-2006, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by JIMTED79
Your crazy!!! My friend has a pred and we ride all the time. When I first bought my 05 450R stock I beat him, then we both got exhaust,filters,jet kits and I beat him even worse. The weight difference is there but the pred is 50cc bigger. If they were any good wouldnt the pros be riding them?

ummmm no, there are these things.... production class rules. if you are talking MX, if your talking XC there are Pro's that ride predators as the prduction class rules for the GNCC are different then the GNC...

and it sounds like your friend should stop being so scared of the predators power :rolleyes:

JIMTED79
04-14-2006, 12:39 PM
Is that how far back the preds are on the GNCC all I see are honda and yamahas upfront. And we switch bikes and get the same results every time 450R out front and not by a little. I like the preds motor but everything around it is holding it back.

Prey
04-14-2006, 01:16 PM
Is that how far back the preds are on the GNCC all I see are honda and yamahas upfront. And we switch bikes and get the same results every time 450R out front and not by a little. I like the preds motor but everything around it is holding it back.

smiley had the predator 4th last year, he switched to outlaw this year and it keeps breaking.......as far as your 450 comment sign borich or ballance to polaris and you would see them on the podium

Prey
04-14-2006, 01:26 PM
and here is my opinion and why i bought the 06 450R instead of a 06 pred.....

stock vs stock or slight mod'd both, the predator is clearly a better bike, what the honda and the yamaha have is potential to be awsome bikes with a large investment.

i have 3 major dislikes on the predator, the "sweet spot" seating position is way to far forward for me, the airbox design is horrible and the way the plastic mounts lacks intelligent thought.

i went with the 450ER before i knew of the starting issues, when i approached one of my sponsors about building the 06, i told him this (cause i was pizzed when i rode the 06 stock that i got sucked into it) "if i can get this bike to perform anything like the piped predator, the stability of the predator while getting the honda ergonomics and agility of the 450R then i will be happy with it" which i did end up getting, but it was a huge investment.....

for the same money i could have had an 06 predator with axis suspension, a pipe and a toy hauler

JIMTED79
04-14-2006, 03:27 PM
smiley had the predator 4th last year, he switched to outlaw this year and it keeps breaking.......as far as your 450 comment sign borich or ballance to polaris and you would see them on the podium

I guess this is where we agree to disagree, I just don't get it you want to change riders and do this or that to the pred but stock for stock and even fully piped That bike just ant even close to the YFZ or 450R. JMO

Prey
04-14-2006, 04:07 PM
i think what you meant was, i had to hrc my 06 to keep up with the pred, and then add the BC and filter to beat it :rolleyes:

JIMTED79
04-14-2006, 04:15 PM
i think what you meant was, i had to hrc my 06 to keep up with the pred, and then add the BC and filter to beat it :rolleyes:

You must have flat tires on your 06 because my 05 will walk your pred with out all my mods:macho

exrider44
04-14-2006, 07:49 PM
This thread is killing me. I have drag raced preds when my bike was stock and theirs was piped and jetted, and had no trouble beating them. When I rode one I felt as though I was sitting on a 4X4 :eek2:

I really dig their new model with that double shock, nah it doesnt look heavier!

incredablehults
04-15-2006, 06:22 PM
I just sold my 04 Predator recently for a left over 05 450r with HRC installed. I had a Trinity Pipe, KN Clamp On, Edelbrock and CDI on the Pred. It was fast but I felt the 450r to have a little more balls than the Pred. Plus the predator is really uncomfortable with the way you sit. The one thing I did like about the Pred is it came with Fox Shox, much better ride and it also came with Razr PR's. But for an American company to put a Japanese motor in their bike is just stupid.

Anyway, I think the 450r would beat the Pred.

450rJam
04-15-2006, 06:31 PM
nearly 5k for shocks and a-arms,tires,rims, and exhaust.
you pay too much for parts,
you could get all that for $3,500
but still if it cost 5,000 does that mean you gave $2,000-$3,000 for kill switch,nerfs,bumpers etc.
I have been told that there are people who like to argue for no other reason that to stir the pot.

Prey
04-16-2006, 07:13 AM
nearly 5k for shocks and a-arms,tires,rims, and exhaust.
you pay too much for parts,
you could get all that for $3,500
but still if it cost 5,000 does that mean you gave $2,000-$3,000 for kill switch,nerfs,bumpers etc.
I have been told that there are people who like to argue for no other reason that to stir the pot.

your a total fool, just for posting that non-sense you just posted, 3500 get you fully adjustble axis LT shocks and laeger a-arms, nothing else.. i will price it out for you though

hrc kit 600 installed
sparks BC with pipe
sparks filter 500
shamrock beadlocks tires, rims and douglas lugz well over 1000 (yes shamrock beadlocks are more expensive than hipers)
razr2 fronts ^^
holeshot xc rears ^^
steel brake line over 100
vortect sprockets 100 front and rear
rk x ring chain 80
bysen quick shot 85
zip ty 20
houser +2 stem 210
laegers clamp 85
flexx bar just under under 300
cycra hand guards 120
pro design kill 40
crf kill switch (for a start button) 20
W.E.R dampner just under 300
laegers LT a-arms just under 900
Axis full adjustable LT shocks around 2400
n-style gripper seat 50
noss case saver 50
pro armour fat peg ners just under 300
pro armour xc bumper 90
prm grab bar 40
prm skids 100
durablue hubs just under 200
rtc quick adjust clutch 120

so after you get done looking at a price list, come back and let me know, when i did the math, i came up with over 7800

i am not sure why you would keep challenging me, it was my credit card that built this bike, unless your goal is to make yourself look stupid, in which case you are doing a stand up job

LOLOLOL 3500 for axis LT fully adjustables, laeger LT arms, sparks full exhaust, shamrock beadlock and tires...... where are you shopping, give_away.com

450rJam
04-16-2006, 08:42 PM
just dont seem possible for your pred to be faster than everyone elses
and your 450r to be slower.

DieselBoy
04-16-2006, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
come on. You cant actually say a Predaotr is SLOW:rolleyes: and mean it,they are in an OVERALL TOP SPEED run faster than a YFZ:huh so how can that be slow?????? The bottom end isnt as great as the other contenderes, but it flat out hauls in mid range!:blah: Too bad you didnt live closer to me, I would show you a fast Predator.......:D It is heavier, but I personally dont feel the weight too much when riding it, 86 atc250R~~~~ What was you referring to on the TRX gearing????? Were you referring to overall TOP speed?? Sorry, I lost ya on that one........;)

Good points. The predator is quite a fast machine, faster than most people think. Heavier yes, but it's a pretty big bike, and the weight to power ratio is pretty damn good. The predator doesn't get enough respect. People on here seem to believe the bike will make or break the winner, that is by far FALSE and untrue.

JIMTED79
04-17-2006, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by DieselBoy
Good points. The predator is quite a fast machine, faster than most people think. Heavier yes, but it's a pretty big bike, and the weight to power ratio is pretty damn good. The predator doesn't get enough respect. People on here seem to believe the bike will make or break the winner, that is by far FALSE and untrue.

But honestly do you think that it's competitive with the 450's? I have plenty of riding time on both and the 450 is just in a different class even without the extra 50cc IMO. The pred is a good quad and has plenty of potential with mods.

sulnz450r
04-17-2006, 09:52 PM
I raced 2 predators this weekend.... I'd like to tell you I kicked their #ss but the truth is I didn't. There was a blue one and a red one, I beat the red one and the blue one barely beat me. This was all top end ... hauling #ss down the road and the blue one barely got me , I'm not going to make up excuses but he was alot lighter than me but at any rate he beat me. I'm in the process of getting a stage 2 cam so this won't happen again :devil:

Predator38
04-18-2006, 08:08 AM

Hmmmm...in a couple of diffrent point classes this yr. Polaris has the points lead and there are a couple in the top 3 in other classes so I dont know what races you are watchin'......:cool:

JIMTED79
04-18-2006, 07:11 PM
I'm gald that your happy with being in 3rd place, tell me when is the last time a pred won any pro class?

kawasaki_ridah
04-19-2006, 10:22 AM
I'm gald that your happy with being in 3rd place, tell me when is the last time a pred won any pro class?

they haven't :p i have rode every type of predator and i honestly think they feel cool for a trail quad but that's about it! one of my friends has a 04 with 12:1 compression piston, full pipe and exhaust and he thinks he can take my R :huh i don't know what it is with polockairs guys thinking they are superman, but i'm going to shut him up really fast :devil: he doesn't even want to think bout trying to run me on a mx track

the predator
04-21-2006, 09:01 PM
here's the real deal about the 2! the predator is FASTER while the 450r is QUICKER...if that makes any sense to you guys...i'vce owned both and the prted makes a ton more low end power than the 450r's....it's heavier, but also stabil...i love my 450r and wouldn't trade it for a pred..but i will buy another pred down the road to have along with my 450.

450rJam
04-22-2006, 05:38 AM
good post.
sounds more believabe than
my pred is faster than my 15k 450r

Predator38
04-22-2006, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by kawasaki_ridah
they haven't :p i have rode every type of predator and i honestly think they feel cool for a trail quad but that's about it! one of my friends has a 04 with 12:1 compression piston, full pipe and exhaust and he thinks he can take my R :huh i don't know what it is with polockairs guys thinking they are superman, but i'm going to shut him up really fast :devil: he doesn't even want to think bout trying to run me on a mx track

:D ......you are so funny.......thanx for the laugh...:rolleyes:...sounds like you think your superman....

450rJam
04-22-2006, 07:32 AM
we the pred is the best mx atv
best trail atv
best cc atv
best jumping atv
best drag racing atv
etc......etc.....etc.......

IF YOU COMPAIR IT TO THE TRX90

no really, I have seen a stock pred out run a honda 90.
I dont know what the 90 had done to it but it was piloted
by a 10 year old girl.
the pred won by at least 2 quad lengths in 300ft drag.

bwilson624
04-22-2006, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by buggle_96

I don't understand. If you shortened the swingarm it shouldn't make it hook better. Longer swingarm, better hook out of the hole. Just curious

kawasaki_ridah
04-22-2006, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Predator38
:D ......you are so funny.......thanx for the laugh...:rolleyes:...sounds like you think your superman....

Did you mean "think you're superman?"
Glad i could humor you, maybe you should take some grammar classes. ;)

DieselBoy
04-22-2006, 04:07 PM
Did you mean "think you're superman?"
Glad i could humor you, maybe you should take some grammar classes. ;)

since when is this grammar class?

Lightning
04-23-2006, 12:37 AM
my 2c I Think both are great machines personally I do not Like the way a predator sit, comfortable but way to forward. Stock for stock an er will beat it not smoke it till 4 gear. After that quite even. I Have two friends with predator one close to stock another work head valves pipe etc. My 06 curtis spark exhuast thats all not even jetted. Who ever makes the first move will take the holeshot.

kawasaki_ridah
04-23-2006, 10:39 AM
since when is this grammar class?

Didn't say it was, just thought it might be better for him to type correctly that way he doesn't look like an idiot.

DieselBoy
04-23-2006, 10:51 AM
Actually, I'm willing to bet a good rider could kick your balls on a predator.

Predator38
04-23-2006, 11:55 AM
Didn't say it was, just thought it might be better for him to type correctly that way he doesn't look like an idiot.

you understood what I was gettin' at so that explain's alot....:rolleyes:

JIMTED79
04-23-2006, 12:58 PM
we the pred is the best mx atv
best trail atv
best cc atv
best jumping atv
best drag racing atv
etc......etc.....etc.......

IF YOU COMPAIR IT TO THE TRX90

no really, I have seen a stock pred out run a honda 90.
I dont know what the 90 had done to it but it was piloted
by a 10 year old girl.
the pred won by at least 2 quad lengths in 300ft drag.
LMFAO!!!!!!!:D

Alpredator
04-23-2006, 09:13 PM
I know a predator will beat a modded 06 450r in a drag race or on the mx track

JIMTED79
04-23-2006, 10:23 PM
Please tell us how you now that? And that picture is a sweet photoshop, come on now preds aint poop:D

450rJam
04-24-2006, 04:17 AM
first turn is a demo derby, the over weight pred would do ok here.
lets see the finish results.
sure a tank can bang with a indy car but as soon as it gets around the hippo its gone.

sorry I don't mean to insult any hippos that may be reading.

Alpredator
04-24-2006, 06:13 PM
The guy on the predator is me. I took the holeshot and won the race. My predator will put the smack down on any trx 450 modded or not, bring it out, and go home and tell your friends you got beat by a hungry hungry hip hip hippo tank.

450rJam
04-24-2006, 06:27 PM
I think natalie said bring it

JIMTED79
04-24-2006, 07:06 PM
pretty easy to say that from Alabama, tell forest I said hi:D

Alpredator
04-24-2006, 07:31 PM
Man everyone knows westcoast riders cant hang with eastcoast riders, yall will get your buttocks handed to you.

JIMTED79
04-24-2006, 07:49 PM
You must have bumped your head your talkin backwards now. But maybe you have somthing there because now that I think of it SO CAL has alot more going for it, we have woman with teeth out here.

XCpred
04-24-2006, 07:50 PM
Yeah what he said^^^^^(alpred)

Alpredator
04-24-2006, 09:56 PM
Yes SO CAL does have a lot more going for it like earthquakes,wildfires, and polution. Whats wrong with a woman not having all her teeth thats sexy. You cant respond oh I forgot those power outages keep blinking your computer off.

aroracer72
04-25-2006, 04:12 AM
Predators arnt slow at all, but ive dragged some, and when i had my baffle removed and just my lid off i beat a predator in the dunes when i didnt have paddles and he did.(wet sand) But the 04/05 preds have alot more bottom end(from improved traction) and deffinately arnt slow. They can actually stock for stock beat a 450 off the line but then the 450 will catch up and slowly pull away.
CHAD

450rJam
04-25-2006, 04:24 AM
haha this has turned into a geographical location fight.
you guys may be making history, I have never seen a "my part of the USA is better than your part of the USA competition".
Im in kansas and all we have are tornadoes. and enough land to watch your dog run away for a week.

aroracer72
04-25-2006, 10:36 AM
I agree, and its kind of immature to bring location into a debate. Us east coast guys can ride mud like you westerners couldnt even comprehend(not mud bog, but muddy mx/trails). But wester guys can ride sand and loam like we wouldnt know. It goes back and fourth. I know one thing for shure though, snowboarders/skiers are better from here cause we dont get powder, we ride ice.
:p
CHAD

kawasaki_ridah
04-25-2006, 02:31 PM
Actually, I'm willing to bet a good rider could kick your balls on a predator.

First of all you don't know me, so don't make accusations like that. Second no good rider rides a predator, I was looking all over for one at nationals didn't see one?? Natalie won on what again? Refresh my memory here!

DieselBoy
04-25-2006, 02:44 PM
First of all you don't know me, so don't make accusations like that. Second no good rider rides a predator, I was looking all over for one at nationals didn't see one?? Natalie won on what again? Refresh my memory here!

LMAO..... Whatever you say hotshot.

That still has nothing to do with a good rider blasting you in a race.

I dont care to know you either, never claimed to.

XCpred
04-25-2006, 03:54 PM
There are no preds in the nats because the motors are too big. I guess they just have too much power for the competition to handle. :D

04-25-2006, 05:06 PM
I ride at St. Joe in Missouri... I have a new 450R and I spank predators up and down the drags all day... I am a really good racer but still, I think 450r's are up with predators.

Alpredator
04-25-2006, 05:28 PM
Look I posted proof, taking the holeshot in a race is just like drag racing to the first turn. The predator beat modded yfzs and trxs. Mod for mod I just dont beleve the trx will beat a predator. Show me proof.

450rJam
04-25-2006, 05:44 PM
the pred was made 500 cc so they wouldnt qualify for nationals.
like an over weight fighter not making the cut.
too scared to compete.
so they make a reason for others to eliminate them.
admit it ...........pred will have to make a 700 to compete with raptors because the 500 is outclassed vs the 450's
not just the 450r but the yfz also and most likely the ltr.

XCpred
04-25-2006, 06:29 PM
This is just an argument of preferences. I will admit that I loose to Rs occasionaly, but I win just as often as I loose.

NET450r350x
04-25-2006, 07:15 PM
lol.............are we still talking about a predator beating anything other than a 400ex?:p
somebody please close this thread.:macho

This was said OVER 2 YEARS AGO!!!! (2-11-04, page 5)

Nothing like beating a dead horse huh guys? Well this horse is dead and the body has already been turned into glue and dog food.

Close this post and just let it go....

exrider44
04-25-2006, 07:55 PM
Ga'bage!:devil:

JIMTED79
04-25-2006, 08:15 PM
haha this has turned into a geographical location fight.
you guys may be making history, I have never seen a "my part of the USA is better than your part of the USA competition".
Im in kansas and all we have are tornadoes. and enough land to watch your dog run away for a week.

I know, I feel stupid for responding to that weak insult. But I don't think he had anywhere else to go with that pred debate, It hurts when reality hits.

bwilson624
04-26-2006, 12:03 AM
This weekend I raced two raptors, one pred, one 450r, and a banshee. The only thing to hang with me is one of the raptors. It had a high compression piston and aroung 1500 worth of stuff on it. He smoked me pretty bad. Other than that, nothing came within two quad lengths. Mine is a bone stock 2006 450r.