PDA

View Full Version : To much play in axle.

02-27-2002, 09:30 AM
When I lift up on the left side of my axle it can go up and down. So i was wondering is this from the bearings or didn't I put it on right. I put a Lonestar axle on bout 5-6 month ago if that matters.

tprender
02-27-2002, 11:10 AM
First check and see if your axle nut is tight. If it is tight, you should have not play in the axle. the best way to check is to put something under the swingarm so that the wheels are off the ground and then lift up on the axle. The the side with the chain on, that is the side that will wear out first most of the time. when you put the new bearing in, pull the covers on the bearing and fill them with waterproof grease. You will find that very few bearing have grease in them from the factory(cost's money for the grease).

JB's 400ex
02-27-2002, 01:38 PM
Definately pull your bearings out and grease them. I had play a couple months ago and ended up cracking by bearing carrier in the swing arm. Very spendy repair.

330EXman
03-01-2002, 07:34 PM
hey man i know you rproblem exacly

if you put a lonestar or any extended axle on your quad andused the stock carriar and bearings and so o then it is your bearings and carriar. with a longer axe the pressure is much greater there fore putting alot more pressure on the bearings and what not. so go and bye a after market carrier and dont waste your time messing with it you'll be throwing your money away.

later man Jay