PDA

View Full Version : Anyone who sells OEM Honda parts...

Guy400
02-08-2004, 02:45 PM
...can someone PM with a price on a complete TRX450R head? Let me know if Honda sells the head assembly complete (with valves, valvesprings, etc.) or if I'd have to piece it together. I've got a Superflow SF-600S flowbench just calling my name :devil:

oldsandman
02-08-2004, 05:47 PM
From what I was told their are no parts available yet...I can check tommorow for you though.

Bad Habit
02-08-2004, 05:49 PM
Guy, have you looked at Service Honda's site? I know that they have all the parts diagrams for the R, but I didn't look to see if they have a part number for a complete head ***'y.

And I'm too lazy to go there and look right now. :blah:

Guy400
02-08-2004, 06:07 PM
Service Honda does have the parts .pdf and they give a price of $193. That's a whole bunch cheaper than I thought. I'll probably buy one in the next month or two and flowbench it to get a baseline. Then I'll throw a valve job on it, maybe some work on the combustion chamber and definitely some port work. I'll be sure to provide numbers at various valve lifts. I obviously haven't seen the head yet or its configuration but I'm guessing I could gain at least 10cfm with a valve job. I don't want to get ahead of myself, though, because I've got no idea what it flows stock.