PDA

View Full Version : places to store stuff on sport quads?

Martin Blair
02-08-2004, 12:37 AM
We are going to the piute trails in utah next year and have started getted ready this yaer and we are going to st. anthonies. My question is my parents have ranchers so they can carry the gas and stuff when we go to utah we want to camp on the trails a few nights, so wht do desert racers put stuff in. I was thinking about some pvc contaners, like a few foot sections of large dia. tubing with a end cap and screw cap to put food, water, little stuff in. And I have seen little 1 liter jugs that go on handle bars and racks with velce on nice aluminum mounts, I saw them in dirwheels but dont remeber who makes them does anyone know, or have any other ideas?

kamikaze_rzrbak
02-08-2004, 12:53 AM
you can get a six pack rack for your grab bar and you can fit a cooler or a can of gas in it

310Rduner
02-08-2004, 12:58 AM
I would try that pvc idea. You could probably put 2 or three right behind your front bumper. If you have nerfs then you could put tons of them on there, and just bundle them together and tie em down to the nerfs.

TCracin440ex
02-08-2004, 01:36 AM
hey dude...u ever thought of this.........BACKPACK.......if your going on a long journey...u take a backpack.....street bike riders have to do the same thing they dont have room in that lil *** trunk they have...so my friends take backpacks when they kno they are going to the store to pick up a few things....

ReconRider25
02-08-2004, 09:28 AM
^^^backpacks.....thats what i do when i ride over to friends houses and stay the night or whatever.

Martin Blair
02-08-2004, 01:56 PM
yeah i figured that but i cant carry everythign ina bvack pack and i dont want to be riding for 70 miles with a 40lbs pack on my back anyway, my parents are taking the big stuff i just need to bring personal stuff.

Martin Blair
02-08-2004, 08:15 PM
any other ideas? im getting a tank bag that goes on both sides and taking it apart hanging 1 on the front bumper and the other off the grab bar. along with gettign another little rectengal bag to put on the back part of the seat i dont use, and i have a camel back mule. I am also making so pvc storage contaniers and putting them on nerf grab bars

TCracin440ex
02-08-2004, 08:17 PM
yea i got an idea...build a rack on your grab bar

crap-banshee32
02-08-2004, 08:32 PM
thats what i did when i had the banshee....i welded up a rack that bolted right to my grab bar...it was great for carrying a gas can and a lunch box...and i could strap anything i wanted in it...

best part about it.....IT WAS FREE

hehe

nick

toby400ex
02-08-2004, 08:35 PM
Theres a company that makes racks for 400ex's

Quadfather
02-08-2004, 09:44 PM
Those waterjugs that go on the handlebars are called Enduro Jugs. I think Rocky Mountain sells them.