PDA

View Full Version : 2004 GNC Glen Helen Discussion

Admin
02-07-2004, 10:07 PM
Glen Helen hosted Round #1 of the GNC Series, and the turn out was better than expected.

The weather was greatly improved from yesterday windy and chilly temperatures and the track was in great shape.

Pro Class:

The Pro Class had an impressive 35 entries, and the Top 10 Ranked riders where automatically qualified to compete in the Main on Sunday!

Top 10 Pros
Jeremiah Jones
Doug Gust
Tim Farr
John Natalie Jr.
Jason Dunkelberger
Keith Little
Kory Ellis
Tavis Cain
Joe Byrd
Jasmin Plante

The remaining 25 racers were seperated into two Heats and the top four advanced. Finally, they had a LCQ and two were selected from that Heat to compete the field with 20 riders for the Main

Heat 1 Results:
1. Dana Creech, 2. Nate Frees, 3. Dustin Wimmer, 4. Matt White

Heat 2 Results:
1. Shane Hitt, 2. Jason Luburgh, 3. Matt Walsh, 4. Doug Eichner

Last Chance Qualifier
1. Niclas Granlund , 2. Joe Haavisto

These Top Pro unfortunately didn't Qualify :(
Johnny Hale
Dave Diver
Harold Goodman
Jeremy Schell
Gilbert Attix

Pro Am Production had 29 Entries and was sepereted into two heats to qualify for Sunday

Dustim Wimmer Won Heat 1
Niclas Granlund Won Heat 2

250 Pro Am was Won by Patrick Brown

Angela Moore Won the Women's Race

Fred55
02-07-2004, 10:10 PM
I see Gust is back and racing, what was wrong with him that he missed the Pro Quad races?

racerx573
02-08-2004, 01:48 AM
Damn that sucks Johnny didnt' qualify :( He's one of my favorite riders.

tt racer
02-08-2004, 03:37 AM
:D Its good to see the oh,ky boys showing the us whats up!

jtstapleton76
02-08-2004, 03:40 AM
Anyone know how #72 Skyler Stewart did? Unfortunately I wasn't able to attend.:grr:

400exmom
02-08-2004, 03:58 AM
what about corry?(400girl) wasnt she going to run womens b/c class as her 1st national?? has anyone heard how she did?

400exBro
02-08-2004, 06:36 AM
what was Jasmin Plante on?? YFZ or TRX??

MXcutie
02-08-2004, 07:17 AM
aunt told me last nite that there is an LCQ this morningfor the pros that didnt make it b/c i was really upset Diver didnt make it but she told me not to worry they are goin to take 2 this morning from teh LCQ to race

Melissa
02-08-2004, 07:53 AM
Does anyone know if the women's A class had a good turnout? What about the B/C? How about the top 5 for each?
Just curious, I am bummin. I should be there, but I couldn't pull it off at work, not enough vacation time.

slosh13
02-08-2004, 07:58 AM
Wheres Farr?

macsolocam
02-08-2004, 08:18 AM
What is up with the top ten ranked riders automatically going to the main? I think they should earn their places. Why did this happen? Something I have never heard....

MXcutie
02-08-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by macsolocam
What is up with the top ten ranked riders automatically going to the main? I think they should earn their places. Why did this happen? Something I have never heard....

this always happens... but it's usually the top 10 in the pro class but since we had pro and pro production last year they took the top 5 from each class.... do you understand now?

the womens A class only had 5 riders and i know Michelle Riser got 3rd....

dirtmomma
02-08-2004, 09:13 AM
Well since we're asking YEAH how did Cory do & does anyone know how Katie Duncan did in the c class or b/c??? Thanks ;)

MXcutie
02-08-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by slosh13
Wheres Farr?
Top 10 Pros
Jeremiah Jones
Doug Gust
Tim Farr
John Natalie Jr.
Jason Dunkelberger
Keith Little
Kory Ellis
Tavis Cain
Joe Byrd
Jasmin Plante

macsolocam
02-08-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by MXcutie
this always happens... but it's usually the top 10 in the pro class but since we had pro and pro production last year they took the top 5 from each class.... do you understand now?

the womens A class only had 5 riders and i know Michelle Riser got 3rd....

Might be the way it happens but I personally don't think it is right. I guess you would have a lot of heats if you had a bunch of entries.......but that seems the fairest.

slosh13
02-08-2004, 12:10 PM
oh man am i dumb:blah:

MXcutie
02-08-2004, 02:05 PM
My Aunt Nancy just called from Cali! MY CUZ, JOHN NATALIE, TOOK 3RD PLACE!!! I got arm pump :( and that was the last thing i heard she cut out and i lost her but i have to run over to my house and eat dinner my mom and dad were putting it off so i could hear from her!!! I'll let everyone know anything i hear!

Admin
02-08-2004, 02:41 PM
***Update****
Jason Dunkelberger and I just spoke, and he gave me the run down on the race! I am posting the results for now, and I will have pictures and a complete report started late tonight.

Today, the Wind has really picked up and the track is extremely dusty!

1. Kory Ellis
2. Jeremiah Jones
3. John Natalie Jr
4. Keith Little
5. Doug Gust
6. Shane Hitt
7. Dana Creech
8. Tim Farr
9. Tavis Cain
10. Joe Byrd
11. Jason Dunkelberger
12. Jason Luburgh
13. Jasmin Plante
14. Doug Eichner
15. Matt White
16. Mike Walsh
17. Dustin Wimmer
18. Niclas Granlund
19. Nate Frees
20. Joe Haavisto

jst
02-08-2004, 02:46 PM
Are those the finishing order for the round?

02-08-2004, 02:48 PM
Im glad to see Haavisto representin' New England through the whole circuit this year!

Admin
02-08-2004, 02:48 PM
Thats the Final Scores for the Main!

jst
02-08-2004, 02:51 PM
That bites!!!Luburgh 12th.

shiftybone22
02-08-2004, 02:58 PM
that is just moto 1 results not the "final of the main." they still have a moto 2 to run at 3pm.

MXcutie
02-08-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by EXriders Admin
Thats the Final Scores for the Main!

Nope they ahve one more moto that will be ran at 3pm which is 6 on the east coast

MXcutie
02-08-2004, 05:15 PM
My aunt just called my cux took 4th this 2nd moto so that gave him a 4th overall... he stalled on the line the 2nd moto and couldnt get his bike to start again i should be gettin another phoen call so i'll keep ya posted

redroost85
02-08-2004, 05:23 PM
I am gonna give a shout out to Matt White who finished 15th, but is still a dang fast dude from my neck of the woods, lol!

Keep on'em Matt!:)

Admin
02-08-2004, 05:34 PM
Second Moto Results:

1. Doug Gust
2. Kory Ellis
3. Jeremiah Jones
4. John Natalie Jr
5. Keith Little

Scottie Mac
02-08-2004, 06:12 PM
Awfull quiet around here.

Scott

Guy400
02-08-2004, 06:15 PM
Congrats to Digger and especially to Ellis for taking the overall!

Joequadracer
02-08-2004, 06:16 PM
Overall Results:

Kory Ellis 1-2
Doug Gust 4-1
Jeramiah Jones 2-3

465Stroker
02-08-2004, 06:17 PM
Second Moto Results:

1. Doug Gust
2. Kory Ellis
3. Jeremiah Jones
4. John Natalie Jr
5. Keith Little

Looks like Kory Ellis won!

BRETZ56
02-08-2004, 06:24 PM
Anyone have the complete resuls of all classes?

02-08-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Joequadracer
Overall Results:

Kory Ellis 1-2
Doug Gust 4-1
Jeramiah Jones 2-3

doesnt that mean ellis won???:confused:

02-08-2004, 06:28 PM
So where are the pics at?

Admin
02-08-2004, 06:33 PM
I hope to get some pictures up late tonight. Man, you folks are spoiled. In the past, you had to wait months for a magazine to come out, and now you want them a few hours after the event.

dezquadracer
02-08-2004, 06:33 PM
Just got home from Glen Helen. Went to watch today and it was my first time watching the best of the best on a true MX track. I have a new level of respect now for just how good those guys are. It was great racing today the top three swaped positions for the entire moto, both motos. It was great racing and I hope they bring it back next year. I'm impressed!

stilfx
02-08-2004, 06:38 PM
Ellis - Yami
Gust - Suzuki
Jones - Yami...

Damn - I can hear Honda breathing down Farr's neck from here... I would not want to be in his shoes after a showing like that... Honda can be down right nasty if you don't perform or worse podium - ask RC. :eek2:

FASTeR
02-08-2004, 06:53 PM
I heard he had mechanical problems in the second moto?? If this is true Honda should breath down there own neck ;).. btw this isnt a knock on the 450r, just saying it isnt always 70% rider if the 30% of the bike dont do 1% :)

400exTN
02-08-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by stilfx
Damn - I can hear Honda breathing down Farr's neck from here... I would not want to be in his shoes after a showing like that... Honda can be down right nasty if you don't perform or worse podium - ask RC. :eek2:

Not making excuses but I believe Tim broke a finger or hurt his hand at the last stadium race.

quadchick3
02-08-2004, 07:02 PM
yah i heard that tim broke his pinky the weekend before also.

FASTeR
02-08-2004, 07:03 PM
well if he uses that as his excuse for such a lack luster performance, i can hear what honda would say now.. if you can finish period you can finish 1st. Maybe honda is gonna realize they cant just sink money into quads, the technology isnt there like they do in motogp and superbike etc. even works mx bikes. Money cant buy everything, especially in atv's.

Scottie Mac
02-08-2004, 07:07 PM
I hope to get some pictures up late tonight. Man, you folks are spoiled. In the past, you had to wait months for a magazine to come out, and now you want them a few hours after the event.

WE LOVE YOU HARLEN, WE LOVE YOU HARLEN

Thanks man, you and this site are great sources of information.

Scott

02-08-2004, 07:17 PM
Harlen, listen to yourself, dont you see how youve revolutionized the industry????

thomez
02-08-2004, 07:25 PM
I'd appreciate any info on my friend Jason Farrar, probably ran Pro-Production?

He is #30

Thanks - Zack

z400ACDC
02-08-2004, 07:33 PM
Farr had some engine trouble in the main. They got to find out what the problem is. He will have to run a qualifer in the next race now. Jeremiah rear shock went south in moto #2.

bansheerider_13
02-08-2004, 07:34 PM
I'd appreciate any info on my friend Jason Farrar, probably ran Pro-Production?

sorry man he didnt run pro production the class is around anymore they joined the 2 and made just 1 pro class again

thomez
02-08-2004, 07:38 PM
Thanks - he ran Production and +25 I think.

400grl
02-09-2004, 12:42 AM
Hey everyone!!! It's late and i need to go to bed - just got back from GH!!!! I'm POOPED!!! IT was SO AWESOME!!!! What a killer weekend!!!! Me and the Banshee did OK for our first GNC race - I got 4th out of 8 girls in the women's B/C class.....and I got 10th out of 12 for the Open C class........that track was ROUGH, let me tell you!!! My stock suspension beat the crap out of me - but it was awesome to just have the chance to get out there and race with the girls!!! I had a little crash on my first Open C moto.....but I got back up and beat the guy that passed me while I was down!!! LOL!!!

There were about 5 or 6 girls in the A class, and 8 of us in the B/C class......all the girls were really nice that I got to talk to......

ANyway - I'm babbling....I gotta get some sleep - I'll talk to you guys tomorrow!!!! :)

norrisboat
02-09-2004, 01:03 AM
GH was great.

For all you farr fans, Farr crashed in the second moto. I think he got tied up with creech in the back of the track where it is impossible to see whats going on. Farr is ok, but he got lapped several times because he was late to get up from the wreck and ended up just cruising around the track.

The second moto was great. Gust and Ellis battled it out for the second half of the race. They were swapping 1st and 2nd positions often.

Ive got some amazing pictures. I will have to post them later.

Keith Little would have performed better but he has been sick all weekend. He had a bent axle and rotor the whole 1rst moto and the second moto he puked all over his bike.

Aussiequadrider
02-09-2004, 03:18 AM
thankyou, thankyou.

you made my day with the fantastic pics and report.

Geoff.

dirtmomma
02-09-2004, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by 400grl
Hey everyone!!! It's late and i need to go to bed - just got back from GH!!!! I'm POOPED!!! IT was SO AWESOME!!!! What a killer weekend!!!! Me and the Banshee did OK for our first GNC race - I got 4th out of 8 girls in the women's B/C class.....and I got 10th out of 12 for the Open C class........that track was ROUGH, let me tell you!!! My stock suspension beat the crap out of me - but it was awesome to just have the chance to get out there and race with the girls!!! I had a little crash on my first Open C moto.....but I got back up and beat the guy that passed me while I was down!!! LOL!!!

There were about 5 or 6 girls in the A class, and 8 of us in the B/C class......all the girls were really nice that I got to talk to......

ANyway - I'm babbling....I gotta get some sleep - I'll talk to you guys tomorrow!!!! :)

Hey Cory was Katie Duncan racing?? Just wondering how she did if ya know!! congrats sounds like you did good seeings how your on a different bike & a 2 stroke to boot!!!:macho

Man POOR Keith that would suck puking on your own bike :( LOL

400grl
02-09-2004, 09:13 AM
Hey!!! Thanks....yeah....it was interesting on the Shee to say the least!!! I think my clutch is about shot now!! :)

I don't think Katie Duncan raced........I know Angela Moore was there, Heather Rose....Michelle Reiser....Lynn Prosser....they all raced the A class with another girl or two who I can't remember. Then in my class there were 8 of us....I think the top 3 girls have raced the series before......everyone had SICK bikes!!!! I was so jealous!!!! I have a deposit down on a new quad right now, so I will be getting into racing again since I have now bought my house!!! WOOOHOOO!!! I can't wait to get back on a race quad!!!! I love the Banshee, don't get me wrong......but it will be nice to get back on something a little more track friendly!!! ;) :D

What an awesome weekend - you guys back East are lucky to have such a fun series in your own backyards!! :)

400exmom
02-09-2004, 10:33 AM
http://www.quadgirls.com/gnc/gnc_round_one.html

way to go corry!!!

YLW400
02-09-2004, 10:49 AM
Tracy Solomon is fast, she rides at all of our local tracks. What happend to Gil Attix I wonder.................

400grl
02-09-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by 400exmom
http://www.quadgirls.com/gnc/gnc_round_one.html

way to go corry!!!

OH COOL!!!! Thanks for the link!!!

400exTN
02-09-2004, 11:34 AM
Anyone know who Joe Byrd is riding for?

Did Farr wreck in the second moto or pop an engine? There seems to be two stories going around.

By the way great coverage Harlen and everyone else involved!

Admin
02-09-2004, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the comments, but I couldn't have done it without the help of Roy & Brittany Bloodworth, Jason Dunkelberger, and Keith Little. They all kept me informed about the race and Roy provided that Awesome Photos.

Also, Roy took over 2,000 photos from the Race and he is making them available for purchase if anyone is interested. His prices are very reasonable, so contact him or myself if you would like to purchase any photos from the Race! www.bigkidracing.com

Craig02
02-09-2004, 11:57 AM
I am glad to see that Keith had no problems yesterday, he has had bad luck the past two races. I hope that he can pull a few 1st place finishes this year.

02-09-2004, 12:41 PM
Ouch for far, factory's not gonna be happy about that performance!!! What was Joe Haavisto riding???

Admin
02-09-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Craig02
I am glad to see that Keith had no problems yesterday, he has had bad luck the past two races. I hope that he can pull a few 1st place finishes this year.

Actually, Keith did have problems yesterday! In the first moto, a rock bent his rotor bad in the rear and he didn't have any rear brakes. Also, he was so stuffed up that he could hardly breath which caused him to get sick. He will be going to the doctor when he gets home.

SAND LUVR
02-09-2004, 01:09 PM
Glen helen was great. I was in the stands watching only but know I want to try it. I was on top of the bleachers I think Corry was sitting right in front of me with 2 other guys when the pros first moto went. I was not to sure if it was her but she rode very good and was extremely hot. Thats just in case no one has seen her.

Craig02
02-09-2004, 01:42 PM
Actually, Keith did have problems yesterday! In the first moto, a rock bent his rotor bad in the rear and he didn't have any rear brakes. Also, he was so stuffed up that he could hardly breath which caused him to get sick. He will be going to the doctor when he gets home.
I did not know about the rotor, man that thing is killing him. I spoke to his Mom yesterday and she said he was sick. Well, at least he got to finish the race.

norrisboat
02-09-2004, 02:02 PM
his rear axle was bent also.

400grl
02-09-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by SAND LUVR
Glen helen was great. I was in the stands watching only but know I want to try it. I was on top of the bleachers I think Corry was sitting right in front of me with 2 other guys when the pros first moto went. I was not to sure if it was her but she rode very good and was extremely hot. Thats just in case no one has seen her.

Why didn't you say HI??? ;) I like meeting people from here in person!!! :)

SAND LUVR
02-09-2004, 02:29 PM
I was not 100% sure it was you. When I found out it was you were gone. Sorry next time I will say hi. You rode really well by the way. What position did your friend/boyfriend come in?

beyer05
02-09-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by norrisboat
his rear axle was bent also.

Should have bought an RPM! Lonestar axles suck!

400grl
02-09-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by SAND LUVR
I was not 100% sure it was you. When I found out it was you were gone. Sorry next time I will say hi. You rode really well by the way. What position did your friend/boyfriend come in?

Yeah - it's embarassing when you say HI to someone and find out it's not the person you thought it was!!! LOL!!! :)

My bf came in 3rd overall and 7th overall in the Open A and Open Pro-AM classes........I told him as long as he doesn't crash I am happy!!! :)

We had a lot of fun out there......can't wait to do it again!

Craig02
02-09-2004, 02:43 PM
Should have bought an RPM! Lonestar axles suck!
Keith would not say that since they are one of his major sponsers..

SAND LUVR
02-09-2004, 02:59 PM
Thats cool your man came in 3rd.
Do you know when the next races will be at Glen Helen?

400grl
02-09-2004, 04:03 PM
oooo...not sure on that one. If you go to their website it will give you the schedule for the ITP series for 2004! I am going to try to hit a few of those this year too.......those are fun races! :)

Paul400ex2002
02-09-2004, 04:24 PM
Well you should see the rig Lonestar bought for keith, it's sweet, pretty much just like a nascar hauler. And RPM axles will break/bend just like lonestars, ask august and dana. Our whole team is running lonestar parts and we haven't had any problems with the stuff, it's all awesome stuff.

MXBlaster23
02-09-2004, 04:29 PM
What kind of camera did you use to take the pictures?

mxracer89
02-09-2004, 04:45 PM
so do they even have a pro class any more

Beancounter
02-09-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Paul400ex2002
Well you should see the rig Lonestar bought for keith, it's sweet, pretty much just like a nascar hauler. And RPM axles will break/bend just like lonestars, ask august and dana. Our whole team is running lonestar parts and we haven't had any problems with the stuff, it's all awesome stuff.

Paul400ex2002:

You say your team is all running Lonestar equipment and how great it is but then you list as your sponsor "RPM" and not Lonestar. That is a bit peculiar!!

Unless they have changed in the last year, Lonestar's quality is not up to the standards of someone like RPM. I have seen a brand new Lonestar axle that you had to drive a rear hub on with a sledge hammer on one end and the on the other end of the axle it was wobbly loose. Poor quality control.
Lonstar is the only manufacturer of aftermarket ATV parts that uses SAE threaded bolts in its parts to be used on an ATV that everything else is metric. Did you ever realize that their rear hubs use standard SAE bolts, not Honda bolts? Same with the pinch lock allen screw in their anti-fade lock nut hub for rear axles.

Stick with RPM they are great people and they have great products. Support your sponsors!!!

400grl
02-09-2004, 05:18 PM
You can't say LSR is a better axle than RPM.......and I have never heard of an RPM axle breaking - however I know of many LSR ones that have snapped or bent right in front of me......sorry....I just couldn't let that comment go!!:o

Paul400ex2002
02-09-2004, 05:46 PM
I never said Lonestar or RPM axles were better, they're both great axles. I just said that any axle is going to bend or break or whatever if enough force is applied to it.

RPM was technically a sponsor of mine a while back, though I never had any RPM products on my quad. I have since picked up quite a few other sponsors, and run lonestar axles and a-arms etc, I just had forgotten to update my signature. Jeremy was always good to me, and Jack at Lonestar has also been good to me and the whole DFR team. I run Lonestar because they make great products, and they support myself and the other DFR riders well. I'm not dissing on RPM or anything, I just run what I am provided with.

This arguement can, and has gone on many times before. Lonestar this breaking or RPM this bending, etc etc, but most of the time it's either rider error, ie a wreck or overjumping etc, that causes these problems, or in the case of a-arms and ball joints breaking, it is usually the way the a-arms are set up that causes most failures.

norrisboat
02-09-2004, 08:00 PM
I think you guys are way off subject. Time to get back on. Here are a few of the pics I took. Oh! and whoever asked what kinda of camera me and roy are using..... Its a canon digital rebel. Roy has a faster and better quality lens than I do so his pics should be a little bit more clear.

http://www.dirtfiendracing.com/exriders/atva_rnd1/creech_turn.jpg

norrisboat
02-09-2004, 08:09 PM
Dunkleberg and Luberg

http://www.dirtfiendracing.com/exriders/atva_rnd1/dunk_luberg.jpg

Kory Ellis jumping in the wind

http://www.dirtfiendracing.com/exriders/atva_rnd1/ellis_jump.jpg

Ellis in a turn

http://www.dirtfiendracing.com/exriders/atva_rnd1/ellis_turn.jpg

Tim Farr in a turn

http://www.dirtfiendracing.com/exriders/atva_rnd1/farrturn.jpg

Doug Gust in a turn

http://www.dirtfiendracing.com/exriders/atva_rnd1/gust_turn.jpg

#5 Shane Hitt and John Natalie Jr. battling.

http://www.dirtfiendracing.com/exriders/atva_rnd1/hitt_natalie.jpg

Jeremiah Jones in a turn

http://www.dirtfiendracing.com/exriders/atva_rnd1/jones_turn.jpg

Keith Little

http://www.dirtfiendracing.com/exriders/atva_rnd1/keith1.jpg

Keith Little again

http://www.dirtfiendracing.com/exriders/atva_rnd1/keith2.jpg

norrisboat
02-09-2004, 08:16 PM
Keith Jumping

http://www.dirtfiendracing.com/exriders/atva_rnd1/kjump.jpg

another one of keith

http://www.dirtfiendracing.com/exriders/atva_rnd1/kjump2.jpg

Keith landing a jump

http://www.dirtfiendracing.com/exriders/atva_rnd1/kland.jpg

Keith little and Doug Gust battling in the air with Tim Farr way in the back.

http://www.dirtfiendracing.com/exriders/atva_rnd1/kldgjump.jpg

keith little and doug gust landing a jump

http://www.dirtfiendracing.com/exriders/atva_rnd1/kldgland.jpg

Keith Little in a turn

http://www.dirtfiendracing.com/exriders/atva_rnd1/kturn.jpg

The start of moto 2

http://www.dirtfiendracing.com/exriders/atva_rnd1/start1.jpg

another pic of the start just before the they blasted me, causing me to fall and roll down the otherside of the hill. keith is out in the lead in this pic

http://www.dirtfiendracing.com/exriders/atva_rnd1/start2.jpg

norrisboat
02-09-2004, 08:18 PM
I Still have a lot more pics to go through.

Paul400ex2002
02-09-2004, 08:21 PM
:D sweet pics lance, looks like you got some good ones.

Oh and for those of you who weren't there, this pic gives you a good idea of how windy it was.

http://www.dirtfiendracing.com/exriders/atva_rnd1/kjump.jpg

You can see Keiths front end was pushed pretty good by the wind, and you can also see the flags in the background blowing pretty good.

Overall the racing was pretty good. I got 6th in 265B and missed qualifying in Production B by 1 spot and then i rolled in my LCQ. I almost wrecked once on sunday because the wind caught my front end and whipped it sideways and i almost went off the track, so I can only imagine how bad it was for the pros. The second pro moto was some awesome racing as well, watching Kory and Doug go at it was awesome.

mojave Dave
02-09-2004, 08:33 PM
What Happened to Joe Havvistto? He quallifiedbut what happened from there??????

EX 80
02-09-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by mojave Dave
What Happened to Joe Havvistto? He quallifiedbut what happened from there??????

Yeah, I'd also like to know. If any of you have pictures of him post them or link them. A YFZ #75 in pro class.

WalshKFX
02-10-2004, 04:47 AM
yea anyone got pics of havvistto or mike walsh??

400grl
02-10-2004, 08:01 AM
Those pics are cool!!! Good job Lance.......I didn't even see you out there!!! You must have been taking pics like crazy!

OutlawEX
02-10-2004, 12:19 PM
So what happend to Harold Goodman? He crash or what?

02-10-2004, 12:49 PM
i seen one kid snap 2 rpm axles and he ran 4 stroke b he took 6th over all good job nick

jst
02-10-2004, 01:18 PM
First off awesome pics,but the pic of Dunk and Luburgh is Dunk and #6,Luburgh's bikes are all white if I remember correctly and he is #8 this year.Do you have any more pics,cuz these are awesome!

IronManNatalie
02-10-2004, 02:34 PM
Tim didnt crash or blow a motor. The throttle cable just popped off of where it was supposed to be so he had to nurse it around till he could get it fixed.

I would also like to mention this is the first time I have seen Tims bike break in years!!

400grl
02-10-2004, 02:37 PM
Ah.....finally....info from someone who knows!!! :)

Good racing John (understatement of the year!) and Chelle!!! :)

IronManNatalie
02-10-2004, 02:39 PM
HEY MELISSA,

THERE WAS ONLY FIVE OF US, ME HEATHER, ANG, JAMIE RENTZ AND LYNN PROSSER. THAT TRACK WAS SOO ROUHG. I GOT SO TIRED. I NEED TO DO SOME TRAINING. ARE YOU GOING TO FLORIDA? I GUESS JUST CALL ME OR EMAIL ME AT JUGSYCHELLE@YAHOO.COM TALK TO YOU LATER.
ORDER--ANG-HEATHER-ME-LYNN-JAMIE

MICHELLE

IronManNatalie
02-10-2004, 02:44 PM
CORRY, THANKS. YOU DID REALLY GOOD. WE HAVE TO MEET UP AND GO PRACTICE SOME TIME, SO JOHN AND I CAN GET OUT OF THE SNOW!! I HOPE TO SEE YOU TWO OUT AT SOME MORE NATIONALS.

MICHELLE

400grl
02-10-2004, 02:47 PM
Hey Michelle!!! I PM'd you guys with our contact info - that would be a blast!!! I have a deposit down on the first LE YFZ to get here in April - so I will have something decent to race when we come out there to race again!!! You guys are welcome here anytime!!! :) :D

norrisboat
02-10-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by jst
First off awesome pics,but the pic of Dunk and Luburgh is Dunk and #6,Luburgh's bikes are all white if I remember correctly and he is #8 this year.Do you have any more pics,cuz these are awesome!

Whoops! I know. It was late last night when I posted. Im still exhausted from this weekend.

I will post the rest of the pics tonight.

Thanks Natalie for clearing things up about Farr. Farr and Creech crossed the finish line after about the 5th or 6th lap together. Creech looked like he had been through hell and was leaning to one side and farr was moving so slow I just assumed they wrecked in the back.

trx400ex
02-10-2004, 06:05 PM
So were Gust and Farr the only ones not on YFZ450s?

jcv400ex
02-10-2004, 06:11 PM
The way Farr had to cram to get ready for this race, I'd say it was a good show. Baldwin has always had Tim's bike in race mode, that really surprised me.

Congrats John by the way! From what Tif told me, arm pump got cha in the first moto, had a chance to win it. But still an excellent finish! Keep it up, podium every race! :cool:

Merriman
02-10-2004, 06:41 PM
Doug Eichner was also on a TRX450R that he built that week to race.

And 400grl buying a YFZ???? didn't you make fun of me when I first picked mine up?:p Oh my how times change "450grl" :eek2: :devil: :blah:

400grl
02-10-2004, 06:52 PM
Oh.......let me get the knife out of my back......LOL!!!! Yes....yes I did make fun of you....I believe I made some comment like"I'll just let Merriman test it out for me" or something like that!!! :) :D I'm getting a black one.....so that makes it all OK! :) hahahaha! Then, next year.....I plan on parking a Honda next to that bad boy. I have to do something......I am going to kill myself if I keep trying to race my Banshee!!!

If that Honda engine in Eichner's quad was stock, I'm impressed. His was probably the only stock engine in the Pro class!!! :) He got pulled up Mt. St. Helen's for sure....but he still finished 11th....that's cool.

AZblaster44
02-10-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Merriman
Doug Eichner was also on a TRX450R that he built that week to race.

And 400grl buying a YFZ???? didn't you make fun of me when I first picked mine up?:p Oh my how times change "450grl" :eek2: :devil: :blah:

WHERE WERE YOU!!!!!! lol

thomez
02-10-2004, 07:38 PM
You guys forgot Gust on the Z

Merriman
02-10-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by AZblaster44
WHERE WERE YOU!!!!!! lol

Well I really wanted to come race, but I figured on the low end it was going to cost me $250.00 bucks just to come race one race in a series that I cannot follow. I don't have that type of money to spend and can use that $$$ to continue racing the Quadcross series. I really wanted to come up Sunday and help out everyone but other obligations rose up and I couldn't attend. :(

NEXT time though......

And I hear Black is the slowest YFZ out of all 3 color choices :o

From what I've read is that Eichner's motor is/was stock.

norrisboat
02-11-2004, 01:29 AM
Jason Dunkleberg in the pro class

norrisboat
02-11-2004, 01:29 AM
Kory Ellis

norrisboat
02-11-2004, 01:31 AM
kory ellis crossing the finish line.

norrisboat
02-11-2004, 01:31 AM
Kory Ellis in the last turn

norrisboat
02-11-2004, 01:33 AM
Another of Kory Ellis in the lead. He had better win this one. Glen Helen is his home track.

norrisboat
02-11-2004, 01:33 AM
ellis again. kickin but.

norrisboat
02-11-2004, 01:34 AM
The last of ellis's pics

norrisboat
02-11-2004, 01:35 AM
#55 Doug "digger" Gust jumping

norrisboat
02-11-2004, 01:36 AM
This is a pic of Doug Gust looking back on the last lap of the 2nd moto. He was trying to figure out where 2nd place Kory Ellis was. Kory Ellis went on to finish the 1st overall.

Way to go HOME TOWN HERO!!!!!!!. good luck Kory. The west coast boyz are coming for ya east coast suckers!!!!!

norrisboat
02-11-2004, 01:41 AM
Defending Gnc champ Jeremiah Jones is running in 3rd after passing Dirtfiendracing.com's Keith Little. Lucky for him Keith was sick from the flu. Or else DFR would have came home with its first GNC win ever.

norrisboat
02-11-2004, 01:44 AM
DirtFiendRacing(DFR) Keith Little racing up one of the hill climbs.

norrisboat
02-11-2004, 01:45 AM
#12 Keith Little jumping his way to a flu strickened 5th place overall.

norrisboat
02-11-2004, 01:46 AM
Keith Little landing a jump. Check out those skull graphics after the number 12 plate. They are pretty sweet.

norrisboat
02-11-2004, 01:50 AM
Keith Little's last turn. He was taking it easy cause no one else was anywhere near him. Too bad he had to be sick this weekend. I really would have liked him to beat the home town hero "Kory Ellis"

Congrats to Kory anyway. He did a fantastic job of defending the west coast with a win.

norrisboat
02-11-2004, 01:52 AM
Here is John Natalie Jr. through the whoops. He was the one of the only East coasters I was rooting for. Weeesssstttt Siiiiideeee. hahaha.. Just kidding.

zfire_28
02-11-2004, 06:29 AM
this race coverage is awsome..............:D

02-11-2004, 08:13 AM
Great pics...but don't under estimate Jones. When he gets the lead the only time he loses it is when he wrecks or has mechanical failures. Kory kicked butt as I thought he would, heck he woulda got kicked outa cali if he lost on his home town backyard track. John Natalie is also a big contender this year.. way ta go Ironman.

Pappy
02-11-2004, 08:18 AM
all brand BS aside, i dont think anyone can deny that ellis has just turned it up a notch or two.

02-11-2004, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
all brand BS aside, i dont think anyone can deny that ellis has just turned it up a notch or two.

Kory's been one my favorite riders for several years now. But i'd have to say he most definitly had a home court advantage over all other riders this weekend. It won't be the last time we see him on the podium that's fer dam sure..:D

400grl
02-11-2004, 09:15 AM
Apparently he wasn't ready to let Natalie beat him at his home track again.....he really stepped up his game - it was an amazing race to watch!

thomez
02-11-2004, 09:19 AM
After meeting and talking to Natalie Jr. you can't help but root for him in any race he enters. The guy is just awesome. Good luck this season!

When you coming back to NEMX Natalie??? It was nice to have a few pro's out there (you and Farr) showing everyone how to ride! Always a great show. Us Cannondale crusiers enjoyed your visit on that one COLD day!

Gust is just darn impressive as well. I think he could be my father!

Great pics everyone, race coverage is nothing short of awesome.

:D

400grl
02-11-2004, 09:28 AM
I agree!!!! Natalie is super nice - and Michelle.......makes it very easy to want him to win!

Actually - I was blown away by how sweet everyone in the pro pits was this past weekend. I was looking for a bolt for my Banshee that I broke.....I was desperate so I was asking anyone and everyone I could find.....a few riders themselves checked their toolboxes for me, even though their mechanics were right there next to them. I even had a guy offer me the entire rear end of his Roll Shee to race with.......!!! The helpfulness and willingness of everyone to drop what they were doing and look for this part for me made me love this sport even more.........I can only hope to be able to return the favor sometime. We found my bolt, and I got to race my two classes.........

Everyone I met was just awesome........wish I could race all the GNC races just to get to know everyone better!

Good luck to you all this season!

OutlawEX
02-11-2004, 09:48 AM
So does anyone know what happend to Harold Goodman?Crash?brake anything?

norrisboat
02-11-2004, 11:27 AM
who is Harold Goodman? Never heard of him. Is he a pro. If he is a pro, he didnt qualify to race.

02-11-2004, 11:43 AM
Harold went into simi retirement for a few years and has came back to racing recently. Good racer I think.

400MXer
02-11-2004, 04:19 PM
Harold is an awsome racer.. i've raced against him a few times and he is fast....once he get's back in shape, i think the pro's better watch out. He's one hell of a nice guys too!

also, does anyone know if they were they strict on the sound rules?

400grl
02-11-2004, 04:21 PM
THey didn't check sound at tech inspection....and I didn't see anyone else get checked - looked like everyone was running their normal race pipes! :)

400exmom
02-11-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by 400MXer
Harold is an awsome racer.. i've raced against him a few times and he is fast....once he get's back in shape, i think the pro's better watch out. He's one hell of a nice guys too!

i met harold after i raced a gncc in PA last year~VERY nice guy same with shane hitt~ i was shocked to see them lining up for a gncc~ shane said he stop by harolds house to pick up his quad and harold drug him to the gncc~ shane also told me like 3 times "harolds the guy who's naked in hueos 1"

Corry hope you make it to casey il. ill be there running my 1st mx cant wait to meet some of ya!http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid82/pcbc3362a693d03141328cfb3dd21a0dd/faec3569.jpg

IronManNatalie
02-11-2004, 06:41 PM
Harold Goodman didn't make the the main moto. Missed out by a place or two.

02-12-2004, 08:55 AM
that's funny you say that harold taked shane into racing the PA GNCC, 400exmom. I lined up beside Harold looked over at him. he gave a big sigh and shook his head. like what the heck am I doing. so I asked him "what the heck are you doing here?" his response, "I don't know, I don't know how I got talked into to doing this".

400exmom
02-12-2004, 08:58 AM
:D he quit on lap 2 i asked him Y he simply said 'F**K" that

monkeyboy
02-12-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by 400exmom
:D he quit on lap 2 i asked him Y he simply said 'F**K" that

i liks it win u talk durty:D

quadrcr161
02-12-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Harold went into simi retirement for a few years and has came back to racing recently. Good racer I think.

he got hurt real bad a fwe years ago practicing on a dirt bike i think. he is extremely nice and a great racer. he has been racing since he was little. i remember when he stepped out of the 90 class straight into A, the boy is really fast.

Dan_Guetter
02-12-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
THey didn't check sound at tech inspection....and I didn't see anyone else get checked - looked like everyone was running their normal race pipes! :)

I didn't know you were there!!!?????

By chance were you wearing like black and pink fox gear????

Dan_Guetter
02-12-2004, 07:55 PM
couple of my pix

Jason Styling

Dan_Guetter
02-12-2004, 07:55 PM
timmy

Dan_Guetter
02-12-2004, 07:56 PM
shane hitt

my fav photo!

AndreS
02-12-2004, 10:05 PM
i just got back yesterday, we went down early & went to glamis afterwards for a couple days....

400grl- that was me that passed you & you passed back. i wasn't sure it was you or not... if i'd known you needed a bolt, i probly had it, i carry a pretty big box of all metric stuff. anyways- i got arm pump pretty bad & could barely hang on that last lap. in the main, i stalled it at the gate(clutch problem), and everyone had made the 1st turn by the time i got going... i pushed hard enough the 1st lap to make up all but about 30-40 yards. somebody DNF'd making me 11th of the 12 in open C.

seeing the pros in person was awesome, the track was killer, even though it was rough. i wish i had a track like that to practice on....

400grl
02-13-2004, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
I didn't know you were there!!!?????

By chance were you wearing like black and pink fox gear????

LOL!!!! I was camped close to the ramp and stuff - I kept riding by on the Banshee to my races and stuff!!! :) Jon came and talked to me before one of my motos!!! I saw you, but you were surrounded by hot girls in pink shirts, so I didn't want to wade through the masses of boobies to get to you!!! ;) :D LOL!!! JP!!!! I'm just kind of shy. :devil: Those girls had our whole camp riled up, BTW!!

I was wearing my black SHIFT recons and my red/black and white/black SHIFT jerseys for that weekend.......I'm trying to remember who was in the pink gear?

PS - those pics ARE AWESOME!!!! You should design posters!!! LOL!

400grl
02-13-2004, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by AndreS
i just got back yesterday, we went down early & went to glamis afterwards for a couple days....

400grl- that was me that passed you & you passed back. i wasn't sure it was you or not... if i'd known you needed a bolt, i probly had it, i carry a pretty big box of all metric stuff. anyways- i got arm pump pretty bad & could barely hang on that last lap. in the main, i stalled it at the gate(clutch problem), and everyone had made the 1st turn by the time i got going... i pushed hard enough the 1st lap to make up all but about 30-40 yards. somebody DNF'd making me 11th of the 12 in open C.

seeing the pros in person was awesome, the track was killer, even though it was rough. i wish i had a track like that to practice on....

Hey GasGas guy!!! :) That was a fun race, huh?? Even though those Open C guys are really fast!!! LOL!!! I got arm pump on the last lap, too....but....when I crashed I had a few seconds to rest my arms, so the last lap got a whole lot easier once I was back up and on my way! I was getting my number plate off the track when I saw you go by, and I just threw it to the side and jumped on the Banshee to play catch up - I think I said a potty word and the flagger guy was laughing at me!! :D

Good job out there, btw! It was a really rough track!!! I can't wait to do it again!! I hope they come back next year......... :)

AZblaster44
02-13-2004, 02:14 PM
Dan-Corry was with me and the rest of the group that August left his quad with Friday night. We Were right across from the ramp ans stuff. Bunch of DFR stickers all over everything....

Me and a couple others were gonna throw a smoke bomb at you guys when you were all sitting outside of the trailer Sat. night but decided not to cause we didnt know if you'd get p.o'd and try come whoop our aces :eek: :D

AndreS- I was the C rider on the YFZ450 #44 I remember seeing you in practice......

Those girls had our whole camp riled up, BTW!! :devil: :devil: thats an under statement:blah: :macho :D

Dan_Guetter
02-13-2004, 02:37 PM
why didn't you guys come over and say hi???????

SAND LUVR
02-13-2004, 02:43 PM
Hey Dan, on sunday did you see a guy with 2 kids and another guy walk by where you guys were. The guy was wearing a shift beanie black, a black divison 4 sweatshirt. blue pants? It was some time in the morning.

400grl
02-13-2004, 03:36 PM

"I saw you, but you were surrounded by hot girls in pink shirts, so I didn't want to wade through the masses of boobies to get to you!!!"

gIGGLe
;)

AZblaster44
02-14-2004, 02:58 PM

My mind was off somewhere else.....I didn't reallly think of it till I was leaving and my mind cleared up a bit:(

Dan_Guetter
02-15-2004, 02:33 AM
nic grunland kickin some @ss

By request:blah: :blah:

Scottie Mac
02-15-2004, 08:28 AM
Shift,

You are REALLY good at photoshop. I hope you are going into that field. It would be a waste of talent if you didn't.

Scott

Dan_Guetter
02-16-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Scottie Mac
Shift,

You are REALLY good at photoshop. I hope you are going into that field. It would be a waste of talent if you didn't.

Scott

oooooooo but i am:)

NGR
02-18-2004, 01:35 AM
That looks awsome but do me a favor, It's GRANLUND not GRUNLAND.
I have been called worse things .
Thanks
NIC
:devil:

Admin
02-18-2004, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by NGR
Thanks
NIC

lol :eek:

Dan_Guetter
02-18-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by NGR
Thanks
NIC

And the funny thing is, Dave told me how to spell it

hahahahahahaaha

sorry nic....hahaah PM me your email address, i'll send you a better pic and stuff

sorry again :blah: :blah:

Davids440ex
02-19-2004, 07:26 PM
And the funny thing is, Dave told me how to spell it

hey buddy i was close haha sorry dan and nic

Dan_Guetter
02-19-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Davids440ex
hey buddy i was close haha sorry dan and nic

we gave it a good shot...........LOL

still funny........though

hey nic, when are you gonna get into freestyle again, and don't give me that "Im to old" talk!!!!!

Nic for president!!!!

hahah

peace

Dan

Davids440ex
02-19-2004, 09:20 PM
hey i spelt it right in my signature and on his website, must of started drinking early that night, or it was like 1 in the morning when we talk to nic that night haha :devil:

we gave it a good shot...........LOL

still funny........though

hey nic, when are you gonna get into freestyle again, and don't give me that "Im to old" talk!!!!!

Nic for president!!!!

hahah

peace

Dan :devil:

IronManNatalie
02-23-2004, 08:42 PM
hey everybody,

thanks for all the support! It means alot to know so many of you r rootin for me. Cory did great out at glen helen. This year is goin to be so competitive. All the bikes r so close to each other that no one has a clear advantage. Its goin to come down to training and usin your head..

Dan_Guetter
02-23-2004, 09:04 PM
give em hell this year john!!!!

I had money on ya at glen helen!!!!!

Looked good man!!!

Predator38
02-24-2004, 06:32 PM
Have to give a shout out to Rob Arnold racing on a Predator and finishing 4th overall in the open-pro am....he tried to qualify for his first Pro Production but didnt make it....will get'em next time...Later........:D