PDA

View Full Version : Small childs Quad

sickmojave
02-07-2004, 02:30 PM
my daughter is 7years old (about 60#) Well I'm looking for her first quad and don't know what to get her. Honda wants $2500.00 for a 90 with a crank rope :rolleyes: I just seen a Kazuma 50 with electric start new for $850.00 + $300 S/H but it don't look like it has any front Suspension. That would be a rough ride where we live. so I guess I'm looking for something in between the 2. I want it to have electric start, full auto or semi auto trans and for a reasonable price. we did sit her on an lt80 and it fit like a glove so it needs to be about that size. we also looked at the baby raptor but I just did like the front Suspension on it so that ones out. we have not looked at the off brands yet only because I don't know any thing about them. so I'm really open for suggestions. Thanks Sick

02-07-2004, 02:36 PM
my moms bfs son got a dinili 90cc, it is awesome, it goes about 40 fully cranked open, but there is a rev limiter and stuff to make it go about 10. it is electric start, which wat kid wants to have to wait for lazy parents to go pull over their fourwheeler becuz they cant to go riding.

400exdad
02-07-2004, 02:40 PM
A bunch of folks on here have the Kazuma and other "imports".... I cannot, myself, speak from experience on those... but I can speak on the LT80. My oldest son, who is 13 now, rode the LT for the first time when he was 7. At 8 we did 3 laps on the Loretta Lynns GNCC trail... 13-16 miles on each lap in a weekend, we have gone every year since and the quad has never failed us. We never see any other mini out on that trail when we are there. Rocks, hills and bumps. No problems, except for a ripped off aftermarket skid or a bent .125 wheel. The 80 is bulletproof and while it may lack some suspension, I question the real strength of a quad that weighs in a about 100# less.... Kazuma and the others... He rode it until he was almost 12 and we are always in the woods. They are tough and reliable! #2 son is on it now! :)

bansheerider_13
02-07-2004, 03:55 PM
it really doesnt matter if you get a mini with shocks or without them they the shocks for minis suck if you ask me but i would go with the lt 80

cdalejef
02-07-2004, 04:31 PM
check out Eton's, I think they have the best mini going!

Colby@C&DRacing
02-07-2004, 04:34 PM
We sell the kazooma quads. The 50 has no front shocks and is to small for any rider under about 5. We also sell to extreme machine and have had really good luck with them. They have a 50cc 90cc and 100cc all in the same chassis just smaller tires on the 50. electric start, fully auto tranny, head lights, oil injected two stroke full. Check out www.xtrememotorco.com

Woodsrider
02-07-2004, 06:09 PM
Deffinatly give the Kasea line up a look. We havent had a single problem with ours, with my daughter on it(10) it smokes a LT80 with a rider of the same size. The suspension is excellent for a youth quad, with nearly four inches of travel. A real swing arm, and electric start with a kicker back up. Kasea and Eton both except mods very well, but I found the Kasea had more mods available for it.

My 4 year old boy, and my 10 year old girl both ride the Kasea 90, I just have to turn it down a bit for the boy.;)

sweet300ex
02-07-2004, 06:24 PM
Kasea and Eton both look like they have awesome minis

sickmojave
02-07-2004, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the info ;) Do you know if parts are easy to find for the Kasea and Etons? I think they sell these right down the road but I'm not sure. I think monday she and I will have to go see what we can find. :D

Pappy
02-07-2004, 08:38 PM
we bought the e-ton viper 90. it is a pretty badazz quad. and the price is very resonable for all it offers. they also make a 50 but i dont have any expierence with it.

QuadJunkies
02-08-2004, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
check out Eton's, I think they have the best mini going! I agree! I have one and its awesome!! Also a great quad is Kasea..........You can find parts Galore from Hetricksracing and many others........

QuadJunkies
02-08-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
we bought the e-ton viper 90. it is a pretty badazz quad. and the price is very resonable for all it offers. they also make a 50 but i dont have any expierence with it. this is what our 50 looks like

QuadJunkies
02-08-2004, 12:30 AM
:blah:

rafalnos
02-08-2004, 12:43 AM
there is a shop near my house and they sell xtreme atv's.....i think thats what they call them.......i dont know why...haha.....here is what they look like

http://www.xtremeatvs.com/90cc.htm

here is a link to there site.......i dont think i have seen these anywhere but at this shop, i think they get them exclusivly but im not sure http://www.xtremeatvs.com/products.htm

rafalnos
02-08-2004, 12:45 AM
sorry that didnt come out to well.......here we go

http://sweetquads.com/modules/My_Uploads/user_folders/rafalnos/50cc[1].jpg

rafalnos
02-08-2004, 12:45 AM
it almost looks like a mini 400ex

robjohn74
02-08-2004, 07:04 AM
MY 6 YEAR OLD HAS A E-TON 50 AND IT STARTS FIRST PULL EVERY TIME EVEN IN THE WINTER .

redrunner
02-08-2004, 05:48 PM
I have had experiences with both, the first being the eton 90 it ran well until the stator burned and then it was a pain from there out, parts were tough to get here. The suspension wasn't too bad but not to trail friendly. Went to the Kasea 250 after that but it was the first year for it and probably should have gone with the 150 since there was more history there. I have seen there new 125 I think but it looks a little goofy, real long and some sort of reverse handle thing going on. Anything will work if you want but I will tell you one thing "you get what you pay for". I personally will not ever buy another "off brand " again.
.02 worth

wizo
02-08-2004, 06:48 PM
My lil brother loves his Viper 90 and even I enjoy it when I feel like teasing him :p

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid103/p021cf0cf3dfd466746142f905aab9e3d/f9acd17c.jpg

Willfulone
02-08-2004, 07:02 PM
Eton Viper for sure, cranks and runs everytime!!!

http://forums.atvconnection.com/i/GalleryImages/26127/MVC-012F.JPG

http://forums.atvconnection.com/i/GalleryImages/26127/MVC-007F.JPG

"Little guys ride best!"

Peace
Willfulone

QuadJunkies
02-09-2004, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Willfulone
Eton Viper for sure, cranks and runs everytime!!!

http://forums.atvconnection.com/i/GalleryImages/26127/MVC-012F.JPG

http://forums.atvconnection.com/i/GalleryImages/26127/MVC-007F.JPG

"Little guys ride best!"

Peace
Willfulone NICE!!! Im cutting the fenders off our this wk end......:D

mikeman828
02-09-2004, 04:59 AM
My boys 7 & 9 share a Eton Thunder 90. It's electric start, auto transmission.

It's a good quad overall, problem we had was the battery going dead trying to start it..... it's got an electronic choke so you have to keep the starter crankin' until it decides to fire up. In cold weather, it can take a little while!!

If you are going to use the throttle limiter on it, make sure once in a while you back it all the way out and run the thing wide open to clean it out!.... or you'll be foulin' plugs all the time.

Not very service friendly..... to do any work under the front plastics you have to take the bars off to get the plastics off cuz they are all one pc. That sucks!!!

In my opinion it's a great starter quad, just keep up with the maintenance and it'll be fine.....There's more and more dealers for them popping up so between that and Ebay, parts shouldn't be a problem.....

My kids love it!!!!

sickmojave
02-09-2004, 04:10 PM
I want to thank all of you for your replys.;) we Didn't get to go looking today due to snow. that's one of the good things about winter. we have plenty of time to look for just the right one before it's warm enough for her to ride ;)

Elduner
02-10-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
this is what our 50 looks like

Tina,

Im completely rebuilding my sons 50 right now with the help of my brother and I was wondering how it handles running those 18" in the rear? I have 16" snow hogs and they do good but I was thinking of doing a little bigger tire setup. also where did you find jets for the your daughters kasea? Im getting ready to kill the oil injection and the stock air box on my sons Blast and I want to order jets before I do all that.

Oh yeah we are cutting fenders on my sons bike this weekend also..

Thanks

k2-dawg
02-10-2004, 09:02 AM
How much do the Eton's run?

QuadJunkies
02-10-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by k2-dawg
How much do the Eton's run? I pd 1499.00 for my Sons 50 at Tim Worthingtons in Colorado and crate shipping I think was around 100.00;)

QuadJunkies
02-10-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by quad_rider
Tina,

Im completely rebuilding my sons 50 right now with the help of my brother and I was wondering how it handles running those 18" in the rear? I have 16" snow hogs and they do good but I was thinking of doing a little bigger tire setup. also where did you find jets for the your daughters kasea? Im getting ready to kill the oil injection and the stock air box on my sons Blast and I want to order jets before I do all that.

Oh yeah we are cutting fenders on my sons bike this weekend also..

Thanks if I remember correct, I think Troy gets them from the local Yami shop. I know in the past we have gotten them from Hetricks too. What kind of riding will you be using the 18 inchers for? They are great on the track and I like the added width for stability...... We took out the oil injection and Box too and now have a Uni filter, just some helpful info on the filters....On the Kasea they run alot better with a UNI rather than K&N......... Dont forget to post some pics of them cut!!!:blah:

redrunner
02-10-2004, 12:21 PM
It seems you have a little more info on these Kaseas'. As you see I ahve a 250 for my son and have not been able to get much on the way of upgrade from Kasea or even Ronnie's that built the race one. Any way I will probably start a thread in power train for this but do you have any other info on these bikes as far as upgrades?

;)

QuadJunkies
02-10-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by redrunner
It seems you have a little more info on these Kaseas'. As you see I ahve a 250 for my son and have not been able to get much on the way of upgrade from Kasea or even Ronnie's that built the race one. Any way I will probably start a thread in power train for this but do you have any other info on these bikes as far as upgrades?

;) I dont know what all is out there for the 250, but I DO know there is ALOT out there for 90 and 50's. Greg PEak knows alot of whats out there, and so does Rich Hetrick. Give him or Michele a call also, check out there website, they have some listings on alot of there mods. ;)

redrunner
02-10-2004, 01:46 PM
Yeah, I talk to Greg yesterday and he has very little and doesn't even carry the 250 anymore, neither does Ronnines just talked to them. Oh well it is a Honda Rebel motor with 2 carbs, Joe at HMF is going to put a slip on system for me and jetting is on the way. I guess that is all you can do without dumping alot of cash into it. I will see what others say.

Willfulone
02-10-2004, 03:50 PM
QuadJunkie,

NICE!!! Im cutting the fenders off our this wk end......

Be sure to send me some pics...or post them here. I'd like to see how it turns out.

Peace
Willfulone

4punksdad
02-10-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by 400exdad
A bunch of folks on here have the Kazuma and other "imports".... I cannot, myself, speak from experience on those... but I can speak on the LT80. My oldest son, who is 13 now, rode the LT for the first time when he was 7. At 8 we did 3 laps on the Loretta Lynns GNCC trail... 13-16 miles on each lap in a weekend, we have gone every year since and the quad has never failed us. We never see any other mini out on that trail when we are there. Rocks, hills and bumps. No problems, except for a ripped off aftermarket skid or a bent .125 wheel. The 80 is bulletproof and while it may lack some suspension, I question the real strength of a quad that weighs in a about 100# less.... Kazuma and the others... He rode it until he was almost 12 and we are always in the woods. They are tough and reliable! #2 son is on it now! :)

what he said /\