PDA

View Full Version : Blue Headlights

02-26-2002, 09:24 PM
Does anyone know what kind of bulbs are in the headlights of the 400ex. I want to put in some of the blue look bulbs, I just want a new look for my front. If anyone knows the model number of the bulb so that i can get some replacements. Al

"BLAHH"300!!
02-26-2002, 10:10 PM
match em up and buy em'

RideRed400EX
02-28-2002, 09:54 AM
An H3 (foglamp) bulb will fit. Bear in mind that they are much higher output than the current bulbs so your battery will be dead after an hour or two of riding.

Scott
02-28-2002, 09:57 AM
sounds like they're drawing a lot more current. Also sounds like a potential stator killer.

The factory ones are what, 35 watt if I remember right. I'd be looking for something pretty close to the factory rating. 20 watts higher is not "close to factory."

Or else start saving for a new stator.

02-28-2002, 08:55 PM
Hey thanks for the input. I didn't think about how the wattages would be different. I'll look around and maybe I can find a bulb thats output is close to 35, there's always a chance. Maybe i'll just paint my bulbs blue. hahah

Scott
03-01-2002, 06:48 AM
Check with your local dealership or on microfiche and make sure what the factory wattage rating is for the lights first. My memory might not be dead on.

Texan32
03-01-2002, 08:59 PM
I called up Denis Kirk. They said that they didn't have anything like that. All they had has a regular replacement bulb. But the lady that i talked to said i'd be better off going to the dealer because their bulbs were only 25 watts and that Honda lights were 35. Thats just what they told me.

03-02-2002, 01:31 AM
get some strob lights off ebay or go to some where truck drivers would go..like a truck stop and they sell little covers you can slip over the blubs to make them blue if this is what your talking of.

R-Crazy
03-02-2002, 11:56 PM
i saw these little blue caps in chapperal. i dont know what they are for, but for 7 dollars and 4 in a pack, its worth a shot. what about painting the plastic, or glass on mine, blue. that would look cool with the blue painted. you could also make it any color you want. It would have to be transparent. i think green would look good. Or, you could get some of that junk that makes little window stickies. worth a shot.

dave

R-Crazy
03-04-2002, 09:23 PM
i just bought a blue bulb. went to my local dealer with $20 b-day money and said I wanted a blue headlight for a 300ex. he went in the back and got one. Really cool lookin. it is blue on top and red in the botton.

dave

RytM1
03-06-2002, 08:53 PM
If you want a different look, check out www.envision-graphix.com . They sell perforated vinyl, that you can put on your headlight lens. When your headlights are off, all you see is whatever color vinyl you order. When the headlights are on, they shine through with no problem. I just checked their site, and they are making some with Honda logos on them.
http://www.planetsuperbike.com/CycleGalleries/Honda/fourtrax%20%20honda%20004.jpg

"BLAHH"300!!
03-06-2002, 09:14 PM
i havn't had a tail light for about a year...just took it off....
but i still had the wire;s and sokett hooked up....went to wally world and they have blue, green, red, yellow, and clear bulbs that will fit your stock tail light sokett.....so i got the blue....$1.97 for 2....i drilled a hole in the front bottom of my airbox and put one in there..water tight..tested..sealed...took a piece of clear plastic bag big enugh to wrap around the buld, then stuck it through the hole..no water to short it out..then took some super glue and fixed it in there...then took a little bit of clear calk and ran it around the edges, then stuck it in a tub of water to see if it would leak..nope...after that i ran another 2 wire's off my tail light wire's and up to the front under my hood...(300ex) if you take off the hood on my bike there's a little thin peice of plastic under there.....drilled a hole and walah...they come on with my headlight on off switch....now it's time for foglights.....there's some at wally world..(look metal might be plastic.prolly metal) their silver and round.real small with the multi colored type background in em'.....now i got to find a way to wire them up so i can turn on my tail light/blue light's and my fog lights/headlights seperate...that way i can pull up park, turn off my fog lights and flip on my blue light..."click" WHAASAAA'"!! BLAHH"!!:blah

??..anyone have a sugestion on how i can make that work..??
while still using the stock on/off and hi/low beams....how do i wire that...so i can still use my stator...?? help.....want it finished my this weekend...

03-07-2002, 07:05 PM
EX-CITING 300.......HOW did you make the wires long enought o reach the airbox??? UI would like to do this also

"BLAHH"300!!
03-08-2002, 07:45 AM
hey man......
....the stock tail light wire's are long enugh to reach inside the air box....all the way to the bottom.....just drill a hole....not a big one....the tail light sokett has little tabs on the sides of it.....
drill a hole just big enugh for the round part of the soket.....there's little clips on the plastic part to slip in.,.......cut that with a knife......cut slots.....force em' in turn em a half turn and their locked,............<locked that is a messed up looking word man..<locked>.....but their locked in place.....seale em and go.......

l
.....splice.into the tail light wire's if your tail light's still work.

03-12-2002, 07:10 AM
I had a similiar problem, I wanted to run my headlights seperate from my fog lights/some LED's I have on the front. What I did, is bought 4 Lighted rocker swithches from J.C. Whithney (you can get from an auto parts store) Then I drilled out the tire pressure warning label on my rear fender and mounted the 4 swithches there. I wires one swithch to On/Off headlights, 1 to high/low, 1 to my fog lights, and 1 to the LED's. That did away with the stock swith pod on the handle bars ( I mounted my start switch on the handle bars.) I don't have pics due to no money left for a digital camera.

REDNECK400EX1

400 EX
CT RACING pipes, K&N.