PDA

View Full Version : anyone rode both?

Colin Blue
02-06-2004, 10:35 PM
i heard the yfz and trx had about the same amount of power, but that the yfz,s was jerky and came all at once, and the trx is constant and smooth. can anyone tell me if this is true or not?

4FIDDYRHRC
02-07-2004, 01:31 AM
Yeah i have ridden both. i felt the yammi ran through the gears quickly. My 450r seems smoother through the power band. the gear box also felt really smooth for being new and not broken in. I'm lovin it!!

Barely legal
02-07-2004, 02:27 AM
I'm not sure why everyone always says the YFZ hits all at once. I'm here to tell you it does not. A Banshee hits all at once. A YFZ revs out hella high, but is also very smooth and predictable.

lukester720
02-07-2004, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by 4FIDDYRHRC
Yeah i have ridden both. i felt the yammi ran through the gears quickly. My 450r seems smoother through the power band. the gear box also felt really smooth for being new and not broken in. I'm lovin it!!
Yep!

Other than that they are about equal to me. I am a big guy 6'6" 270 and I feel as if the R is a little more comfortable for riding all day long and is a little better set up for someone bigger.

4punksdad
02-07-2004, 05:39 AM
I have ridden both. The YFZ is a nice bike. In stock form is felt a little flat on the bottom end, but it pulled hard in the mid range. On tight trails WITH hill climbs it felt like it could use more low end. The bike felt tiny to me also (and I am NO giant)
It jumped well and was easy to ride. Overall, a very nice bike.

The honda, despite the fact I own one I have spent less time on. I like the feel of the size better, seems to have plenty of low end, but its geared too high. The front end might be a little too light for my liking, but wheelies are a blast so I can deal with it. I thought I would hate the kick start, but I actually don't mind. Its kinda cool to have a kick.........almost old school. And it doesn't kick like an 86 350X or anything.
My opinions are subject to change as I spend more time on both machines, but as of right now, I like em both. But I am a honda fan.

ml450r
02-07-2004, 08:06 AM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90900&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

2004TRX450R
02-07-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Barely legal
I'm not sure why everyone always says the YFZ hits all at once. I'm here to tell you it does not. A Banshee hits all at once. A YFZ revs out hella high, but is also very smooth and predictable.

It's kinda like when Dirtwheels said the 450R has a lighter front end than the YFZ. In comparisin it is lighter but it isn't so light that it is unrideable like everyone make it out to me just because of what they "HEARD". The YFZ may have a smooth powerband but in comparisin to the TRX it has less on bottom and comes on all at once. Obviously not like a banshee or most any other two stroke but more so than the TRX

Scottie Mac
02-08-2004, 01:16 AM
4punksdad,

Where are you located in Virginia?

Scott