PDA

View Full Version : applying decals and graphics

esadagi
02-06-2004, 05:05 PM
how do you prep the plastic before applying stickers and graphics kits ? any tips on the process would be appreciated.

ReconRider25
02-06-2004, 08:30 PM
clean really good with soapy water. dont use any spray cleaners like armoural or anything before you put it on.

cheetah
02-06-2004, 08:40 PM
i also sprayed soapy water on the sticky part of the stickers. This lets you move around on the plastic to get a perfect fit. Then make sure you get all the water out from under the stickers and let it dry for about a day. When it drys it'll stick and you have perfect-fit graphics.

QuadJunkies
02-06-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by cheetah
i also sprayed soapy water on the sticky part of the stickers. This lets you move around on the plastic to get a perfect fit. Then make sure you get all the water out from under the stickers and let it dry for about a day. When it drys it'll stick and you have perfect-fit graphics. ;) thats what I was given ( a little bottle with a mild soap in it)when I had my custom ones made.......

KYmxracer52
02-06-2004, 10:15 PM
I don't ever use soapy water when applying sponsor stickers, but when you put a graphic kit on, the soapy water is a good idea. Before I put any sticker on I clean the plastic with rubbing alcohol. It removes oil and dirt.